Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising for Argent Global Network

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mobow

A sh.t storm:).

Previous scams have put doubt in our minds, BB the biggest for us Irish.

It's not as good as it sounds, you have to work 7 days a week, and your packs expire etc......

Its free to join and earn, or buy in and earn more..... IF it was a scam to start.... it is not now, app 25 jump on alexa every day, when they are up at the 500 the can charge big money for advertisements, do the maths.

AGN have a gaming & holiday platforms coming soon. Don't ask me to supply docs etc..... I am a happy earning member, I would like others to have some,

Look... for all those saying it a scam, You probable made no mistakes.... therefore.... you have made Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭xerpae

No but its a global company it is at number 60, it sells advertising, http://advertising.bbcworldwide.com, And http://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/jul/12/bbc-worldwide-reports-record-profits, "Revenues at the digital media division, which includes bbc.com, investments in two digital startups and a games unit, increased 87% year on year to £27m. Total digital sales rose 31.5% to £82m." That is the revenue from number 60 with a business plan a world wide brand, what has AGN.

I don't think you know what point you're trying to make with BBC. Its total income was £5,102.3 million in 2013, £3,656.2 of this came from licence fees.
    Advertising is not their main source of revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

xerpae wrote: »
    I don't think you know what point you're trying to make with BBC. Its total income was £5,102.3 million in 2013, £3,656.2 of this came from licence fees.
    Advertising is not their main source of revenue.

Exactly. It's number 60 look at how low it's income is from advertising.

Exactly.

...but if they wanted to, they could make an absolute fortune from advertising.

AGN is at number 1,639...look at facebook it is 2 in world 2 in USA Google is number 1

they both have the vast majority of add traffic but it's not because the have high scores

Why did you compare rankings if it has nothing to do with "high scores"?

• Advertisement

mobow wrote: »
    A sh.t storm:).

Previous scams have put doubt in our minds, BB the biggest for us Irish.

It's not as good as it sounds, you have to work 7 days a week, and your packs expire etc......

Its free to join and earn, or buy in and earn more..... IF it was a scam to start.... it is not now, app 25 jump on alexa every day, when they are up at the 500 the can charge big money for advertisements, do the maths.

AGN have a gaming & holiday platforms coming soon. Don't ask me to supply docs etc..... I am a happy earning member, I would like others to have some,

Look... for all those saying it a scam, You probable made no mistakes.... therefore.... you have made Nothing.

But where is its current income coming from to pay you not future current. I have set up a number of business currently self employed had in the past a company employing lots of people, so I take risks I don't like scams and I promise when this is proven to be a scam I will be writing to the DPP to ask where are the prosecutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

This is so clearly a classic a Ponzi scheme that it is ridiculous. I also agree that anyone promoting it in this public forum should be held accountable when it blows up (which it will).

"Initially the promoter will pay out high returns to attract more investors, and to lure current investors into putting in additional money. Other investors begin to participate, leading to a cascade effect. The "return" to the initial investors is paid out of the investments of new entrants, and not out of profits.
    Often the high returns encourage investors to leave their money in the scheme, with the result that the promoter does not have to pay out very much to investors; he simply has to send them statements showing how much they have earned. This maintains the deception that the scheme is an investment with high returns.
    Promoters also try to minimize withdrawals by offering new plans to investors, often where money is frozen for a longer period of time, in exchange for higher returns. The promoter sees new cash flows as investors are told they cannot transfer money from the first plan to the second. If a few investors do wish to withdraw their money in accordance with the terms allowed, their requests are usually promptly processed, which gives the illusion to all other investors that the fund is solvent."

I don't like scams and I promise when this is proven to be a scam I will be writing to the DPP to ask where are the prosecutions.

tosser.gif

CashMoney wrote: »
    This is so clearly a classic a Ponzi scheme that it is ridiculous. I also agree that anyone promoting it in this public forum should be held accountable when it blows up (which it will).

"Initially the promoter will pay out high returns to attract more investors, and to lure current investors into putting in additional money. Other investors begin to participate, leading to a cascade effect. The "return" to the initial investors is paid out of the investments of new entrants, and not out of profits.
    Often the high returns encourage investors to leave their money in the scheme, with the result that the promoter does not have to pay out very much to investors; he simply has to send them statements showing how much they have earned. This maintains the deception that the scheme is an investment with high returns.
    Promoters also try to minimize withdrawals by offering new plans to investors, often where money is frozen for a longer period of time, in exchange for higher returns. The promoter sees new cash flows as investors are told they cannot transfer money from the first plan to the second. If a few investors do wish to withdraw their money in accordance with the terms allowed, their requests are usually promptly processed, which gives the illusion to all other investors that the fund is solvent."

You are talking sh.t

Can you send me next weeks lotto numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

In a nutshell:
    A member can buy advertisement packages and earn commission on those packages by placing ads for AGN in order to drive traffic to the website and by doing so, increasing the company's Alexa ranking.
    A member can also make commission by referring other members.

Yep, ponzi. If you still don't want to acknowledge that then that's your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Moderators please CLOSE this ridiculous thread. AGN is a SCAM. The posters saying otherwise are parasites. Most of us who are long time boards.ie posters had the EXACT same discussion with the Banners Brokers parasites on that thread.

AGN has ZERO revenue stream. They are funded by MEMBERS and existing members are paid with MEMBER funds. Can you say PONZI SCHEME.

The advertising model is a RED HERRING. The Alexa score is BS because you have people spending their whole day posting advertising FOR the AGN website. This is the whole game. The website itself is a JOKE. Shame on you parasites.

mobow wrote: »
    You are talking sh.t

Interesting argument.

Listen, I don't care how much you pumped it into this because I now believe you are complicit in this scheme. what I don't like is you and your buddies promoting it on public forums.

In any definition, this is a Ponzi scheme. Absolutely, 100%. You know this and I know this, but it is you who is promoting it.

Tell me, how many of these can you tick off so far?

High investment returns with little or no risk. Every investment carries some degree of risk, and investments yielding higher returns typically involve more risk. Be highly suspicious of any "guaranteed" investment opportunity.
    Overly consistent returns. Investment values tend to go up and down over time, especially those offering potentially high returns. Be suspect of an investment that continues to generate regular, positive returns regardless of overall market conditions.
    Unregistered investments. Ponzi schemes typically involve investments that have not been registered with the SEC or with state regulators. Registration is important because it provides investors with access to key information about the company's management, products, services, and finances.
    Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms to be licensed or registered. Most Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms.
    Secretive and/or complex strategies. Avoiding investments you do not understand, or for which you cannot get complete information, is a good rule of thumb.
    Issues with paperwork. Do not accept excuses regarding why you cannot review information about an investment in writing. Also, account statement errors and inconsistencies may be signs that funds are not being invested as promised.
    Difficulty receiving payments. Be suspicious if you do not receive a payment or have difficulty cashing out your investment. Keep in mind that Ponzi scheme promoters routinely encourage participants to "roll over" investments and sometimes promise returns offering even higher returns on the amount rolled over.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Moderators please CLOSE this ridiculous thread. AGN is a SCAM.

Personally I believe it should be left open so that people who stumble across this thread will be left in no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Personally I believe it should be left open so that people who stumble across this thread will be left in no doubt about it.

Seconded

I do not think that there would be anything to be gained by promoting AGN here...drop in the ocean.

The ocean is full of dumb fish and you're ready to bait them. You're a horrible c&%$.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

What a nonsense scam.

Do people honestly think money can be obtained so easily and consistently by simply scamming classfied websites with more nonsense ads?

You're a horrible c&%$.

You've really hurt my feelings now.

You've really hurt my feelings now.

Sorry i meant to say you're a horrible SMUG c%^&.

Sorry i meant to say you're a horrible SMUG c%^&.

Are your parents related?

• Advertisement

jjpep wrote: »
    Yep, ponzi. If you still don't want to acknowledge that then that's your issue.
    In any definition, this is a Ponzi scheme. Absolutely, 100%.

Ponzi Scheme according to the SEC’s website:
    "Earn high investment returns with little or no risk by simply handing over your money; often the investment does not exist or only a small percentage of incoming funds are actually invested."

This is not an investment and there is risk involved. Members have to place ads or recruit to earn commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

It looks like the website has changed/been updated, or am I looking at the wrong site?
    37 blogs, all posted on 31st July - 'Should teens get tattoos' probably the eye-catching one.
    The author, in each blog, has left a message 'In couple of days you will be able to response on these articles' hmmmm
    No 'sign-up' option that I can see.

Ponzi Scheme according to the SEC’s website:
    "Earn high investment returns with little or no risk by simply handing over your money; often the investment does not exist or only a small percentage of incoming funds are actually invested."

This is not an investment and there is risk involved. Members have to place ads or recruit to earn commission.

It is a classic Ponzi but perpetrated by way of Pyramid scheme.

MML marketing is a valid and legal way of selling products and services a well know example is of such a legal scheme is Avon.

AGN is a classic Pozni, no obvious income stream except members, if I invest according to AGN $2,400 I will receive an income of $7680 per year, that is a staggering return but where does that serious income come from, I have followed links to advertising and dont get anything I bargained for, I have attempted to buy from the web site no joy. So where does the $5280 come from to repay my $2400 investment. Where is the revenue lines where are the books of account.

BTW such a return is a very high return.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    It looks like the website has changed/been updated, or am I looking at the wrong site?
    37 blogs, all posted on 31st July - 'Should teens get tattoos' probably the eye-catching one.
    The author, in each blog, has left a message 'In couple of days you will be able to response on these articles' hmmmm
    No 'sign-up' option that I can see.

Yeah, the site has changed.
    Sign-up is down the bottom.

BTW such a return is a very high return.

We finally agree on something.

Yeah, the site has changed.
    Sign-up is down the bottom.

And your not promoting this criminal activity.

And your not promoting this criminal activity.

I will have a solicitor's letter on your couch by the morning.

We finally agree on something.

And where does it come from, how can a company that has no book of account that did not exist until a short time ago with no visible revenue stream give such returns.

I will have a solicitor's letter on your couch by the morning.

I would be more worried by an AGS because I am seriously considering making a complaint about the operation of this Company to AGS.

• Advertisement

I would be more worried by an AGS because I am seriously considering making a complaint about the operation of this Company to AGS.

Please do, I'd love to see the outcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement