Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casquette/cotton cap

• 27-07-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good stockist of these - that isn't looking for exorbitant money for one? I was in the UK last week and want to pick up a few, but with (admittedly good quality) caps fetching £15, I opted not to buy. :eek:

They are not that easy to come by, and I'd rather one that wasn't Proteam branded.............

Planet X have them at very reasonable prices............until you add in £5/€6.50 for postage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good stockist of these - that isn't looking for exorbitant money for one? I was in the UK last week and want to pick up a few, but with (admittedly good quality) caps fetching £15, I opted not to buy. :eek:

They are not that easy to come by, and I'd rather one that wasn't Proteam branded.............

Planet X have them at very reasonable prices............until you add in £5/€6.50 for postage

i have a Bianchi one off CRC which is nice and is about 12 euro as far as i remember. fits my big head ok as well! :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have a Couple of vintage pro ones I got from Amazon reasonably cheap. Cinelli and Molteni

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

All mine are heavy cloth, are there any made from lighter sweat-wicking material? So I can have a peak even when it's too warm to be wearing a proper cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I got the Wiggle/Honda cap recently, not too heavy and an excellent fit (in my case) I have a narrow head (57cm) and found others were too loose on me as they're generally one size fits all (except me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

buffalo wrote: »
    All mine are heavy cloth, are there any made from lighter sweat-wicking material? So I can have a peak even when it's too warm to be wearing a proper cap.

Surely such a garment would violate Rule 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

If that were the case, not wearing full winter gear in summer would also. Which seems nonsensical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

buffalo wrote: »
    If that were the case, not wearing full winter gear in summer would also. Which seems nonsensical.

In that case I'll refer you to rule....well basically all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Prendas.co.uk Nearly all caps are €9.10 P+P £2.95(€3.70)
    Mainly retro or own branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

Rule 22 seems to permit the use of said garments but only for patrons engaged in the act of bicycling or any pre or post ancillary velomatic activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

There is a great selection at Planet-X
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLAPCOCAP/apis-cotton-cycling-cap with current and classic styles available for just over €6 - so a good deal.
    I'm going to get a couple and also build up a small order of other bits to avoid the postage for just one item.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

https://this-is-cambridge.com ... handmade casquettes. They're pricey compared to others but oozing panache!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

There is a great selection at Planet-X
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLAPCOCAP/apis-cotton-cycling-cap with current and classic styles available for just over €6 - so a good deal.
    I'm going to get a couple and also build up a small order of other bits to avoid the postage for just one item.

There is certainly a great selection there. I think I'll get a few myself :)

Wow. That was quick!

Ordered from Planet-X at 10am on Monday and in my Parcel Motel box at 7am this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

It all makes perfect sense now...
    I daren't buy one online though, I think I'll need to spend some time in a lbs trying on some and trying to perfect le look

Advertisement