Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats it like after Restriction??

• 27-07-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    I'm currently driving a 2004 Bandit 600 restricted by carb washers. Thankfully the restriction is nearly up - I must be one of the last left on this 25kw restriction!! Just wondering will I notice the difference? Especially from say 0 - 60?

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

You should be able to overtake safely now with a flick of the wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

He should be able to overtake "SAFELY" now regardless of a restriction or not.....but yes, you will notice a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I didn't notice much difference when I derestricted mine. So I sold it and got one that was twice the size. There was a difference then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I didn't notice much difference when I derestricted mine. So I sold it and got one that was twice the size. There was a difference then!

On my sv650 I noticed the difference accelerating from say 90-120. The low speed / power range seemed largely unaffected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

When I got mine removed it was a small difference. But sure when I picked it up apparently I had the complete wrong restricter installed so it never really worked right in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭positron

I did notice a good surge of power at all rev ranges when my Fazer was derestricted. However it was short lived as the bike was unhappy at higher revvs. It got worse in next couple of months and when I finally took a good look at the issue, it was a badly clogged air filter. Replaced it with a K&N filter and now it's threatening to pull a wheelie if I am not fully focused.. (never pulled a wheelie, just saying it feels like that compared to how slow and soggy it used to be with the bad air filter).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

To be honest I was hoping there would be a bigger difference to look forward to.
    From what I read online the bandit has 58kw and I'm currently restricted to 25kw so I thought that would mean I'm restricted to roughly half the power now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

AD! wrote: »
    To be honest I was hoping there would be a bigger difference to look forward to.
    From what I read online the bandit has 58kw and I'm currently restricted to 25kw so I thought that would mean I'm restricted to roughly half the power now.

When I De-restricted my cb400 from 25kw to 52kw I noticed a difference. I could definitely reach motorway speeds alot quicker. Another thing I noticed was I had to consciously make an effort to keep her at 80kph or 120kph on a motorway as if she didnt want to rest at that speed. But now with the restriction out its the opposite. I have to make sure she is at or under the limit.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

AD! wrote: »

Restriction with carb washers only limits power in the higher rpm range when the reduced diameter limits the increase in fuel-air flow. There's little difference between a restricted and unrestricted bike if the revs are kept low because the restrictor has no effect.

You will notice a big difference IF you rev the bike. If you shift early and keep the revs low, you won't notice much of a difference.

I swapped my CB500's old 25KW restrictor for the new 35KW one and it made overtaking a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Idleater wrote: »
    On my sv650 I noticed the difference accelerating from say 90-120. The low speed / power range seemed largely unaffected.

SV650 without the restriction there is a massive difference about 7000 rpm. Where previously it used to pretty much stop accelerating around that rev range it now takes off with extra vengeance from that point upwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yeah but equally it generates most of its power below that unlike il4 engines so is almost unaffected by the restriction. That was until I upgraded to the sv1000.

Advertisement