Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kits

Options
  • 27-07-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me here....??

I'm a disabled driver and am looking to purchase a Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit.

It would need to be Bluetooth because I have to have both my hands on my steering wheel at all times.

Any suggestions/advice welcome!

*Mods: please move if in the wrong forum :-).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Bury CC9060 with Voice Control have one myself, give us a pm if you want the name of a fitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

paconnors wrote: »
    Bury CC9060 with Voice Control have one myself, give us a pm if you want the name of a fitter

Got a Parrot Mini Kit Neo in Carphone Warehouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Got a Parrot Mini Kit Neo in Carphone Warehouse!

Just to note thats not a great option for you as it is not a built in device and has to be charged via the cigarette lighter.

You would be much better off with a more expensive but built in device like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parrot-MKi9200-Bluetooth-Car-Kit/dp/product-description/B001IA3SZ0/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Should cost around €50-€100 to be installed

It is integrated with your car electronics and speakers, has voice recognition and you will see who is calling you before you answer

My advice would be to return the device you bought and go for something like this. Much better and more permanent solution.

slegs wrote: »
    Just to note thats not a great option for you as it is not a built in device and has to be charged via the cigarette lighter.

You would be much better off with a more expensive but built in device like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parrot-MKi9200-Bluetooth-Car-Kit/dp/product-description/B001IA3SZ0/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Should cost around €50-€100 to be installed

It is integrated with your car electronics and speakers, has voice recognition and you will see who is calling you before you answer

My advice would be to return the device you bought and go for something like this. Much better and more permanent solution.

Really??? Does that one have to be wired up?? Also, has it got voice answer function?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Really??? Does that one have to be wired up?? Also, has it got voice answer function?

Yes, It has full voice recognition from my reading of the spec and it does have to be wired up.

Its worth it as the fiddling that goes on with the non integrated ones is too much. Charging, where do you put it (visor etc), sound not as good (low end speaker on device), lower grade 2 way call sound (always better on the devices built into the car audio system.

Just my opinion after having both types of solutions.

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    Yes, It has full voice recognition from my reading of the spec and it does have to be wired up.

Its worth it as the fiddling that goes on with the non integrated ones is too much. Charging, where do you put it (visor etc), sound not as good (low end speaker on device), lower grade 2 way call sound (always better on the devices built into the car audio system.

Just my opinion after having both types of solutions.

What about if I want to change my car in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What about if I want to change my car in the future?

Most cars will have built in systems to handle calls, texts etc in a few years, a lot already do.

Davy wrote: »
    Most cars will have built in systems to handle calls, texts etc in a few years, a lot already do.

F@&k!!!! So I've wasted my money!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

F@&k!!!! So I've wasted my money!?

Well if the car you have doesn't have one and you need to use the phone while driving then you haven't. When selling the car on im sure the buyer will want a carkit also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Any more suggestions for this thread please.
    Have the lidl 10 euro kit: the folk I call are complaining....
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm) by Kinivo http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_7Rqxvb1X0Q799

I have two of these. Bought one for myself initially and put a 100 euro parrot kit into my mother's car. Parrot one gave up my mother's car after a year or two so put the second one of these in then. Voice quality is decent and you can play music through it. Only requirement is an aux port for the sound. Also doubles as a phone charger through cigarette socket.

Advertisement