Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot ('07) 307SW keyfob transponder woes

• 28-07-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭

So car wouldn't start and had to get towed home. Engine turned on start but would not catch. When I got home tried the spare key and it worked first time! Some googling later figured first keyfob transponder no longer works and anti-theft kicked in to immobilise car. The first key is not recognised if left in the ignition and drivers door opens (spare one gives an audible warning). Tried to recode the first key by long pressing 'door lock' on keyfob while key was in acc position, no luck, still failing to start car.
    So, what are my options apart from shelling out too much dosh for a new key? Any way to recover the first key? Thanks for any advise.

Edit: should mention that the 'faulty' key will still lock/unlock the doors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

degsie wrote: »
    So car wouldn't start and had to get towed home. Engine turned on start but would not catch. When I got home tried the spare key and it worked first time! Some googling later figured first keyfob transponder no longer works and anti-theft kicked in to immobilise car. The first key is not recognised if left in the ignition and drivers door opens (spare one gives an audible warning). Tried to recode the first key by long pressing 'door lock' on keyfob while key was in acc position, no luck, still failing to start car.
    So, what are my options apart from shelling out too much dosh for a new key? Any way to recover the first key? Thanks for any advise.

Edit: should mention that the 'faulty' key will still lock/unlock the doors.

Its worth recoding both your keys before you go ordering a new.
    You'll need your 4 digit transponder code and someone with diagbox/dealer level diagnostics that can code keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Row wrote: »
    Its worth recoding both your keys before you go ordering a new.
    You'll need your 4 digit transponder code and someone with diagbox/dealer level diagnostics that can code keys.

Thanks for that. Is there an easy way to locate someone who would have such equipment?

Thanks for that. Is there an easy way to locate someone who would have such equipment?

Depends where your located...?

West Dublin

Can anybody recommend an auto locksmith in the Dublin area that can reprogram Peugeot keys? Thanks.

• Advertisement

autokey.ie sorted it for me. New transponder coil new key body and freshly cut blade... all for €80, so not bad. I wonder what a car stealership would have charged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

autokey.ie sorted it for me. New transponder coil new key body and freshly cut blade... all for €80, so not bad. I wonder what a car stealership would have charged!

The new complete key is around €80 + VAT and the labour for coding is around €40.
    I know you wanted to hear that it is at least €300,so this thread could end up as many others around here:bashing those thieving bastid main stealers...:rolleyes:

A regular key from the main dealer works out around €80-100 but if you go for a remote fob key then it works out around €180-250 coded.
    All fairness peugeot/citroen key prices are'nt to bad compaired to the like of toyota.....e.g. €600-800..:eek:

Advertisement