Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New visa debit card waiting time?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I have lost my BOI visa debit card on Saturday 26th, cancelled it and ordered a new one. I leave for France on Friday morning August 1st. Is there a possibility my card may arrive by post before August 1st or is the system automated (5-7 working days strictly). This is my only bank card. I have bought an O2 money card but now find myself with the same problem as the activation pin may not arrive before I leave. Do bank of Ireland have an emergency card issue procedure? Does one just have to suck it up and bring cash:eek: ? Surely others have found themselves in a similar situation before? It could be said that I am unprepared for such an event by having only one debit card but surely many people keep the majority, if not all of their cards in the one wallet/purse and are left in the same predicament if it's lost/stolen. I know that when I was in Canada, I was issued with my debit bank card on the same day as opening the account. Thank you for your help with this issue :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ccoyne14, 

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

We would always advise when ordering a replacement Visa Debit Card that it can take up to 5 to 7 working days to be received by post. We do not have an alternative method of delivery. The card may be with you before you travel however, if not perhaps there would be someone at your address who could post the card to your destination in France?

If you are travelling with someone, you can also transfer funds into your their account, to allow you to access you own money while you await your card. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to France.

Elaine 

Advertisement