Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdraw limits / Cash a cheque

Options
  • 28-07-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to Withdraw €5000 from a current account , do i need to give notice or is it only amounts over the €5000?

And I will be looking to cash a cheque for the same value, how long would this take to be process this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi gs300, 

Thanks for your post. 

To withdraw amounts of €5000 or over, you will need to give 24 hours notice. Please bring photo Id with you when visiting the branch. Also, most branches have cashless days so we would advise calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365/+353 1 4044000 to check the details of the branch in question.

Generally a cheque needs to be lodged to an account in your name. A BOI domestic cheque takes 3 working days to clear and a non-BOI cheque takes 5 working days to clear. Having said, it may be possible to cash a BOI cheque, drawn on a particular branch, in that particular branch, depending on the crossings/signings on the cheque. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement