Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working more than 6 months with the same employer.

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I'm in the middle of filling out the 'Request Permission to work with an Employer beyond six months' form.

I want to email it to them to save a bit of time, but I'm not sure what the email address is..

It says to send it to the same office that is dealing with your 457 application, but as of yet I've had no correspondence about my application so I'm unsure which office I send it to..

Heres the form, http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Documents/request-whm-extension.pdf

It also says look for the office in contacts but in the contacts they don't have a email listed..... http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Australia.aspx

Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If you are being sponsored and in Sydney it's likely to be Parramatta Centre of Excellence.

Try Parramatta 457 Centre of Excellence – e457.parramatta@immi.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Thanks dude, they got back to me today and I'm sorted until they decide the outcome of my 457.

On a different note, what happens if you do work over the 6 months?

A girl I'm living with is coming to the end of her 6 months in the same job but she's gonna remain on in that job, her visa is up next June. But she's going to Asia for a couple of months in Dec.

So she'll be working in that job until Dec and will be in breach of the terms of the visa, what will/can happen to her for doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

top madra wrote: »
    Thanks dude, they got back to me today and I'm sorted until they decide the outcome of my 457.

On a different note, what happens if you do work over the 6 months?

A girl I'm living with is coming to the end of her 6 months in the same job but she's gonna remain on in that job, her visa is up next June. But she's going to Asia for a couple of months in Dec.

So she'll be working in that job until Dec and will be in breach of the terms of the visa, what will/can happen to her for doing this?

If she doesn't get caught nothing.

If she does get caught probably cancelation/Exclusion.

It's easier for DIPB to check these days as the have access to ATO, wether it happens is another thing. It's a risk and with risk is no guarantee if she wanted sponsored or something in the future it could bite her in the ass or possibly not.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    If she doesn't get caught nothing.

If she does get caught probably cancelation/Exclusion.

It's easier for DIPB to check these days as the have access to ATO, wether it happens is another thing. It's a risk and with risk is no guarantee if she wanted sponsored or something in the future it could bite her in the ass or possibly not.

I think she's going home in June with the intention of staying there..Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

She is in the job 6 months, but her visa isn't up until June.
    Am I right to assume she is now on her 2nd WHV?

If thats the case, she gets another 6 months on the 2ns WHV so she can stay in that job until december without breeching her visa conditions.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    She is in the job 6 months, but her visa isn't up until June.
    Am I right to assume she is now on her 2nd WHV?

If thats the case, she gets another 6 months on the 2ns WHV so she can stay in that job until december without breeching her visa conditions.

Really?

She started the job in Feb so the 6 months would be up next week or so and also went onto her second WHV in June..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Really?

She started the job in Feb so the 6 months would be up next week or so and also went onto her second WHV in June..

You get six months on each visa. So she can work for six months from when her new visa kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Batgurl wrote: »
    You get six months on each visa. So she can work for six months from when her new visa kicked in.

Not quite true. If she started the job in February and her Visa ran out in June, then she worked for 4 months on her WHV1.
    It's true that another 6 months would have started on the first day of her WHV2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

pete4130 wrote: »
    Not quite true. If she started the job in February and her Visa ran out in June, then she worked for 4 months on her WHV1.
    It's true that another 6 months would have started on the first day of her WHV2 though.

I said you get six months on each visa which is exactly true. Just because she only worked for four months doesn't mean she couldn't have worked for six. If she started in January, she could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Batgurl wrote: »
    I said you get six months on each visa which is exactly true. Just because she only worked for four months doesn't mean she couldn't have worked for six. If she started in January, she could have.

I wasn't being pedantic. The way your post read it could be misunderstood that her initial 6 months could roll over and the 2nd 6 months would start after that period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

pete4130 wrote: »
    I wasn't being pedantic. The way your post read it could be misunderstood that her initial 6 months could roll over and the 2nd 6 months would start after that period.

Not really, she clearly said the second 6 months starts from the date of the 2nd WHV.

I think the important part to remember is that I saved the day. Top Madra, tell your housemate she owes me a double chicken breast fillet.

Advertisement