Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soothing scraped cat pads?

• 28-07-2014 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Felix scrambled up a pebble dash wall yesterday and scraped the skin off both of the upper pads on the back of his front paws. It looks very sore but doesn't look serious. I gave him some Metacam yesterday but I'd prefer not to give him that. Does anyone know of something topical I could put on the raw pads to soothe them for him, even though he'll probably lick it off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Bruce gets sore paw pads and i used moo goo nappy balm on him! It's all natural so you don't need to worry about them eating it. Aloe vera or manuka honey could be good too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Thanks nala, I use some of the Moo goo stuff myself but hadn't thought of it for cats. I'm heading out now so I'll pick some up and hopefully he'll let me put it on. He's in a weird mood today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The chemists didn't have the nappy balm Moo Goo so I got the one for breast feeding mums instead, should do the same thing:) Of course as soon as I put it on him he licks it off again, still it's edible so won't do him any harm.

Advertisement