Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full or Mini Detail ?

• 28-07-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here as I want to apply a new layer of LSP but don't really know should I go for the full pre prep before applying my LSP.

To give a quick summary, I detailed my car back at the end of May (Snowfoam / 2BM Wash / De Tar / Fallout Remover /2BM Wash/ Clay / 2BM Wash/ etc) but unfortunately due to time limitations I could only apply coat of Collinite 845.

Between now an then I have Snow-foamed & washed the car twice, it hasn't done much running but is very dusty now due to the total lack of rain for the last few weeks.

I am hoping to have some time next week to hopefully apply either Collinite 476s or some more Collinite 845 but don't know how much pre prep I should really do , I am hoping to get away with a Snowfoam /2BM Wash, hence can anyone advise if they think that will be sufficient ? or will I have do go down the full de tar/iron/clay route again before applying another layer of LSP ?

Somewhat separately - I assume the 476s will be ok to apply over the 845 ?
    and if I do use the 476s - how long should I wait between coats if I am going for 2 coats ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

At a minimum, claying will be necessary!
    Snowfoam and rinse the car. Wash it down with a strong APC mixture (pump sprayer is ideal or even the lance if you put plenty in) and rinse it down. Wash it and clay it. Re-wash it and dry. Then apply whatever LSP you choose. 476s and 845 are very similar so Id only use either/or, but the 845 is easier to use.

Depending on the weather conditions, approx 30 mins between buffing one coat and applying a second. If its a baking hot day, ideally apply and buff in the shade, but cure time between could be as little as 10-15 mins...on a damp day, up to an hour or more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Thanks Curran,

I would have hoped I would have gotten away with the claying !!

Seeing Ill be doing that bit extra a de-tar/de-iron may as well be done at the same time.

Advertisement