Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small generator hire question

Options
  • 28-07-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I would imagine most of you are more in the know about these things then I am and can advise.

I'm looking to hire a small generator at the end of August just for a day. Basically I just need something small to run a 1000w smoke machine for an hour or two.

I know theres tons of plant hire places around but everything I can find online seems to be more geared towards larger industrial use which is far more then I'd need.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Im based in Dublin if that helps.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi Splinters.

You should be able to rent a suitable generator from most tool hire type places.
    Generators will be rated in kVA which for the purposes of this exercise you should read as kW (where 1000W = 1kW).
    You will most likely find that the smallest generator that you can rent is 5 or 6kVA.
    However having a generator that can supply more power than required from the load is not an issue (the inverse is a problem).

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Plenty of places that would have a small petrol gene that would do you. Larger ones are usually diesel. The small petrol ones can be carried easy and fit in a boot no problem. I wouldn't expect it to be more than €50+vat for the day.

Advertisement