Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Trim

Options
  • 28-07-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi

We are moving to Trim soon and looking for some general recommendation to get us started.

Could you please recommend:

-Favorite Take Away?
    -Favorite Pubs?

Who are the best bin collection company or do you have a choice?

Any other recommendations or advice for the area greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Congrats on your move! Trim is a great town. If you like Indian then Khan Spices is excellent. Castle take away is a good chipper. Unfortunately I don't get out enough for drinks these days, but Marcie's is a great pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

frazinis use to be a good spot.. tailed off though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Big plus one on Khan Spices; excellent food and really nice people...

Marcies pub good spot and Lenehans is fairly busy and lively...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Take Away : Khan Spices, Apache are ok if ya like taht sorta thing

Pubs : Marcies is great, pretty far away from any other pubs though so a pub crawl is outta the question

Bins : We use Mahons on a Pay as ya pick up basis, Recycling is fortnightly at 4Euro per bin, Waste is 12Euro a bin but weekly, we empty both once a month

Internet : We just upgraded to Eircom Fibre, 85mb (but we only ever get around 50/55) and eVision, never an issue with connection

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

chewed wrote: »
    Congrats on your move! Trim is a great town. If you like Indian then Khan Spices is excellent. Castle take away is a good chipper. Unfortunately I don't get out enough for drinks these days, but Marcie's is a great pub.

Agree with everything there. Trim s a fantastic place to live, there is loiads to do, canoe club, running, badminton etc etc always loads of festivals on, 25 minutes from Blanch, a beautiful walk along the river, some great pubs. Good internet connection, state of the art pool and gym, two great hotels nice for sipping a bottle off wine, 2 great golf courses, the list can go on. I LOVE Trim, 7 years living here now, can never see myself leaving this little corner of paradise !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali123

Thanks Guys

We are really looking forward to our move. Will be relying on take away meals for a few days while we get settles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

On the transport side of things Trim's bus service has improved significantly in recent years.

Good service to Navan, Drogheda and even to the coast at Laytown.

Also Dublin and Blanchardstown are regularly served.

LeapCard can be used on all the buses.

Timetables here:

Route 111 (Cavan/ Athboy/ Trim/ Blanchardstown / Dublin)

Route 190 (Trim / Navan / Slane/ Drogheda / Laytown)

Downside is there is no direct bus to the Airport.

Hope this helps & that the move goes very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Don't live there anymore but when I'm home I go to Kielys or McCormacks for a pint. Don't do food though unless its a feed of Guinness your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

Does anyone know if cluain ri has community/service charges in trim?Looks like a nice area. What nice estates have 4 bed detached houses with a bit of a garden in trim?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

horse7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if cluain ri has community/service charges in trim?Looks like a nice area. What nice estates have 4 bed detached houses with a bit of a garden in trim?

Most of the newer (last 10/15 year old) estates will have some form of fee, whether that be a management company fee or a landscaping fee. Unfortunately some bright spark thought it would be a good idea for local councils to get rid of as much responsibility as possible, so aside from public lighting, they don't do anything in housing estates. The result is that some people pay, some people can't pay, and some people just won't pay. It's a ridiculous situation.

Cluain Ri, Gort na Ri, Steeple Manor, Lackanash, Abbey View, Effernock, Newtown Abbey, St. Johns, Knightsbrook/Victorine/Teaguestown estates would all have 4 bed detached houses. I'm sure there's others I've missed. The garden size would vary, with the newer estates having smaller gardens in general (although there are exceptions, like corner houses etc.).

• Advertisement
Advertisement