Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about non-retina MacBook Pro!!

Options
  • 28-07-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi ,

Apple now only have one non-retina MacBook Pro model for sale. This is presumably going to be discontinued later on this year.
    I am just wondering based in previous experience and basically in your opinion will apple reduce the price of this machine in the coming weeks to try and sell any remaining items of it?
    Or are they more likely to keep the price constant in its final few weeks?

Many thanks for your help,
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

They might shift them over to the clearance store but not for a while yet. New Macs are expected soon enough so you might be best hanging on to the new ones come out and getting one of the current generation discounted on the refurb or clearance stores.

Or just get one today on education discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

really wouldnt bother with a non retina. they just bumped the specs of the retina today. makes no sense to get a non retina it hasnt been updated since 2012..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Apple are hugely careful with their stock. They would only have enough to cover two weeks of sales (except for new release lines).

I wouldn't bother with non retina now if I was buying a pro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple dropped the price of the non-Retina MBP by €100 today.

But I agree with what others has said. It’s too old. Get a refurbished Retina instead.

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

Advertisement