Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to report concerns about a creche

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Anon345

anon345 I just wanted to say I was horrified to read your post about your little boy. I have a 3 year old boy myself & would be traumatised if something like that happened him. I hope he's doing better now. Would you mind pm me the creche this happened in? I would hate to end up using it

PM sent. He's very happy and doesn't appear to have been affected by it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

hi anon345.....that is truly horrific to read - I cannot believe that actually happened to your little boy. you have been asked a zillion times already but would you mind pm'ing me the name of the crèche also?
    Most days myself and husband are unhappy with our current crèche. My son is 2 1/2 the ratios are never correct, he gets marks, bites etc while most of the time they have a report filled out but on numerous occasions its 'oh God...I wasn't with him today X was...don't know how he got that bite/mark on his face' I have contacted the manager countless times but am never satisfied. If im honest, they are a chain and find them extremely defensive if you bring up anything with them.
    can I ask how your little one settled in a new crèche? I would like to move him but again am nervous...how do I know another one would be better? overall he seems happy there and never has a problem going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Hi anon345,

That is awful. Could you pm me who the creche was?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'd also love to know the name of the creche, if you don't mind?
    Phenix wrote: »
    hi anon345.....that is truly horrific to read - I cannot believe that actually happened to your little boy. you have been asked a zillion times already but would you mind pm'ing me the name of the crèche also?
    Most days myself and husband are unhappy with our current crèche. My son is 2 1/2 the ratios are never correct, he gets marks, bites etc while most of the time they have a report filled out but on numerous occasions its 'oh God...I wasn't with him today X was...don't know how he got that bite/mark on his face' I have contacted the manager countless times but am never satisfied. If im honest, they are a chain and find them extremely defensive if you bring up anything with them.
    can I ask how your little one settled in a new crèche? I would like to move him but again am nervous...how do I know another one would be better? overall he seems happy there and never has a problem going in.

If I were you I'd definitely be looking into moving him. I can't offer personal experience, as I've never been in that position, but coming home with unexplained injuries is, to me, way beyond what I'd consider acceptable standards. Have you many other options in the area?

Phenix wrote: »

He settled in very well in the new creche. We're very pleased with them and although they're more expensive we can see what we're getting for it. Our guy seeemed happy as well in the old place and we were reluctant to leave his friends prior to the inciident. After he moved he said he was happier now that the bigger boys weren't chasing, shoving and pinching him.
    Reg_hurley wrote: »
    Hi anon345,

That is awful. Could you pm me who the creche was?
    thanks

PMs sent. I'm very happy to PM anyone who wants to know the name of the creche. I wouldn't like the thought of any other child going to that place. So please don't hesitate to request a PM if you're interested/concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

If I were you I'd definitely be looking into moving him. I can't offer personal experience, as I've never been in that position, but coming home with unexplained injuries is, to me, way beyond what I'd consider acceptable standards. Have you many other options in the area?

hi,

I know, its happened twice in the past couple of months so we've started looking around but not many other options in our area. there are 2 other options but one was part of another chain and we were shown around by a sales rep type (ie not someone who works there) - felt very cold. and the second one is an independent crèche....I couldn't wait to get out of it!
    we will keep looking though.

thanks Anon345 for the pm

Just a reminder that it's very unusual for any creche, or creche employee, to be successfully prosecuted in Ireland.

w ww.rte.ie/news/2014/1120/660995-creche/
    A case relating to alleged breaches of childcare regulations has been struck out at Dublin District Court.

Judge Hugh O'Donnell ruled that the Child and Family Agency did not have standing to bring the prosecution.

Tusla was prosecuting Giraffe Childcare, Belarmine, Stepaside for three breaches of the Childcare Act.

w ww.rte.ie/news/2014/1024/654613-creche/
    The case against a creche worker accused of wilful neglect has been dismissed because the judge said there was insufficient evidence to support a conviction.

The charge related to an incident that happened on 23 July 2013 at Giraffe Creche in Belarmine, Stepaside, Dublin.

Two children left the premises and were found by a local resident on grass 170 metres away from the creche sometime later.

We found out recently that our son's minder who never noticed he was missing, was subsequently moved to another branch.
    A friend of a friend wasn't happy with one of the minders in the baby room there, remembered our story, double checked the name with her friend and confronted the manager.
    The manager's response was "how did you find out?" and promised to rectify the situation.
    Shortly afterwards the minder was moved from the baby room to another room in the same branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Anon345 wrote: »
    We found out recently that our son's minder who never noticed he was missing, was subsequently moved to another branch.
    A friend of a friend wasn't happy with one of the minders in the baby room there, remembered our story, double checked the name with her friend and confronted the manager.
    The manager's response was "how did you find out?" and promised to rectify the situation.
    Shortly afterwards the minder was moved from the baby room to another room in the same branch.

Hi there, would you mind sending me a PM also, please? Thanks. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened your little boy, that is just horrific :(

Advertisement