Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering Cling Film

• 28-07-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone here know where I can buy cling film in a large pack (sometimes referred to as catering film though it isn't as such). Not the normal small/thin roll of cling film that sells most commonly in all supermarkets etc. But the larger/longer roll that comes in its own box (usually 300 meters). Pic attached. I'd prefer not to have to go to the cash and carry if can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

olewy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone here know where I can buy cling film in a large pack (sometimes referred to as catering film though it isn't as such). Not the normal small/thin roll of cling film that sells most commonly in all supermarkets etc. But the larger/longer roll that comes in its own box (usually 300 meters). Pic attached. I'd prefer not to have to go to the cash and carry if can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.

Seen it at the street sellers on Thomas/Meath St in the past but haven't been looking for it recently so can't be certain it's still available there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

olewy - give us an idea of roughly where you live so that local recommendations can be given.

Hugo_W - Are you referring to streets in Dublin? Please be more clear as this forum is used by people from around Ireland & beyond, & providing just a street name can be meaningless.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any wholesaler like Musgraves will stock them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I was trying to think of where I normally see catering rolls of cling film and that's it, street stalls or random places like Centra and scruffy little corner shops that sell 5 kilo boxes of washing powder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Hugo_W - Are you referring to streets in Dublin?

I sure am, Thomas and Meath St, Dublin.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Any wholesaler like Musgraves will stock them

OP didn't want to go to a wholesalers/cash and carry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Celtic sales

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

olewy - give us an idea of roughly where you live so that local recommendations can be given.
    tHB

Dublin & Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

micraX wrote: »
    Celtic sales

That looks like it might be trade only too, do you know if you can just walk in?

might want to email them either way as there is no cling film showing on their site.

http://www.celticsales.ie/index.html

Just searching now I see viking do it
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Caterwrap-Clingfilm-Cutterbox-45cm-x-300m/id=6037857/

Several more have it, some of which I know are not trade only but might look like they are. this is the search I used, note the site:.ie to filter to only irish sites.

https://www.google.ie/#q=cling+film+300m+site:.ie&safe=off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Nisbets have free delivery on online orders for the month of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Western Plastics in Galway make this and you can buy it in Dunnes Stores

http://www.westernplastics.ie/products/catering_films.htm

Last time I bought it it was €9.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

My local Supervalu has it at the moment. I don't know if that means that all Supervalus have it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

Animord wrote: »
    My local Supervalu has it at the moment. I don't know if that means that all Supervalus have it or not.

Thanks, I must check my local SuperValue next time I'm passing.

Advertisement