Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams UK tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

2 for Friday ..Circle row F ..not bad ..would normaly Stand - Mrs Domino in attendance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Glad to hear yis all got sorted folks.. we should organize a few pre gig beers on the night??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I now have tickets for the thursday and the friday.

Hopefully i'll be able to off load the thursday set closer the time

I'm after getting 2 standing tickets for the Friday, bring it on. Hope to pick up some for Cork as well, funds wouldn't just stretch that far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Didn't realise about the Friday gig until today!
    Glad I'm sorted for Thursday anyway, so hopefully everyone else good for tickets!
    I'd usually go to both, as a Ryan gig can usually be very different even if it's the following night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I have two tickets, emailed, thursday, standing for sale. Open to offers, no higher than face value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

McTigs wrote: »
    I have two tickets, emailed, thursday, standing for sale. Open to offers, no higher than face value

Put it on www.toutless.com so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Week of the gig!
    How times flies by...

Intererting to see Noel Gallagher is playing on Wed... I wonder will he hang about to pop in and watch Ryan on Thurs?
    Might get a Wonderwall duet :D

Review of the recent Liverpool gig here.
    Looks like he's banging out the big tunes in lovely fashion:
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-ryan-adams--liverpool-8747775

To say I'm looking forward to this gig is an understatement.. I've only missed him once and that was the gig in the shelter a long time ago..

Really can't wait to see the new band and how tight they are considering they've toured a lot so far

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I'm exactly the same, but in my case, it will be the first time to see him live :eek:

I've been checking out the recent setlists and it looks like its fairly consistent at the moment bar the odd change here and there.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/ryan-adams-6bd6fac2.html

Gonna be epic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Make sure to check out Natalie Prass supporting. Shes really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The Nal wrote: »
    Make sure to check out Natalie Prass supporting. Shes really good.

I've listened to a few of her songs and not really been blown away. I've heard lots of people talk great things about her though. Is there any specific tracks/album you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lc180 wrote: »
    I've listened to a few of her songs and not really been blown away. I've heard lots of people talk great things about her though. Is there any specific tracks/album you would recommend?

Shes only got the one self titled album. Brand new act. Nice pop stuff! Ryan will play a tune with her. Or her with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Heard the PA system failed last night after about 5-6 songs, so he did solo acoustic for the rest. And he was in very relaxed form.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

It was his voice, that was giving him problems. He said he cracked it during dirty rain, so when he went to do acoustic version of winding wheel, he continued with acoustic songs until the encore when the band came back out.
    Very different gig to rest of tour, some unusual covers and some songs he hasn't played before on tour. He was in great form, quite jokey and a funny improv song about the cat on his amp, sound in opera house was great, really clear.
    Heard the PA system failed last night after about 5-6 songs, so he did solo acoustic for the rest. And he was in very relaxed form.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zorroman

Went to see Ryan Adams last night in Cork. He was absolutely amazing, even did cover songs that he's never been heard doing before. He also interacted with the audience throughout the show and really made it a pleasant evening! Just a word of warning for the Dublin gig, you'll be asked not to use flash photography as he has Ménière's disease. There's even a a video of gig before Christmas of him getting really cross with a woman in the audience who was using it throughout. There was only one clown in the standing area of the arena who was literally lighting up the place continuesly with the flash on his camera, fortunately for him Ryan didn't rip him a new one but it was still disrespectful and ignorent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Folks, going to the gig tomorrow night, looking forward to it, but i havent got the current album as of yet, whats it like, is it any good compared to his previous releases??. Thanks

Folks, going to the gig tomorrow night, looking forward to it, but i havent got the current album as of yet, whats it like, is it any good compared to his previous releases??. Thanks
    I like it. Musically it reminds me of Gold, but it's let down by school child standard of lyrics I think

It was his voice, that was giving him problems. He said he cracked it during dirty rain, so when he went to do acoustic version of winding wheel, he continued with acoustic songs until the encore when the band came back out.
    Very different gig to rest of tour, some unusual covers and some songs he hasn't played before on tour. He was in great form, quite jokey and a funny improv song about the cat on his amp, sound in opera house was great, really clear.

My uncle reckons he was joking about the voice cracking, and the monitors were forked. Not his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Like other poster said it's similar to Gold with a Tom Petty feel. First 6 tracks are great, fades after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Can you drink in the standing area of the Olympia like you can in the Point/O2/3Arena?

Can you drink in the standing area of the Olympia like you can in the Point/O2/3Arena?

You can yep. Go there for 7 to get a pass for the pit. I always do that and then leave out the smokers exit out back. I come back for 9 for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

You could hear him struggling with his voice in some of the acoustic songs and when the band came back on for Come Pick me up, you could see he was trying not to force it too much.

I wouldnt be any expert but the two things are possibly connected, he may have had dodgy monitors for several songs, before he stoped the show briefly to get them fixed. but while they were crap, he might not have been able to hear properly and strained his voice trying to compensate for something he couldnt hear but we could.

The sound in front of house was excellant for the whole show.

He did say during the acoustic bit, that he felt his voice crack during Dirty rain - which was before monitors were fixed.

He seemed to take it all in his stride and really engaged with the audience for the remainder of the gig, some great covers and some song choices not seen on this tour before. The band seemed to be just off to the side of stage while he was playing solo and he was joking with them too

I was happy with the acoustic set, but hopefully his voice will be back to normal for the Olympia gigs. these will be his 7th & 8th appearances in the Olympia, he really likes this venue, so hopefully something special for Dublin!

My uncle reckons he was joking about the voice cracking, and the monitors were forked. Not his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What time was Ryan Adams on stage for the Cork gig? I am going tonight and assume it will be a similar time...

Olympia is nearly always between 9 and 9:15

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Pit passes, and in. Still a pretty small crowd so far!

Well that was just fecking deadly..

The band are unreal tight and the banter with the crowd was hilarious (snakes united)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

At what time did he start?

How long did he play?

Was there a support act, if so, what time did they start?

At what time did he start?

How long did he play?

Started just after 9 and finished up before 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Started just after 9 and finished up before 11

thanks for that

I just read on mcd's site that Natalie Prass is the support for the gigs.

Do you know what time she started?

Advertisement