Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams UK tour

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

thanks for that

I just read on mcd's site that Natalie Prass is the support for the gigs.

Do you know what time she started?

Bit after 8 and played for about 35 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

thanks for that

I just read on mcd's site that Natalie Prass is the support for the gigs.

Do you know what time she started?

Around 7.50 and played to 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

thanks clevtrev and krustydoyle, for the details

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Lads, the impromptu song about the clown (rescue clown) when someone shouted for whiskeytown was :eek:

How do you finish a gig? Turn a smoke machine and give all the band members plastic swords and Shields and watch them fight as they go off stage!

What a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Probably the best gig I've seen him do in Dublin.
    He was so relaxed and the band really enjoyed it.
    The setlist was fantastic... old classics, acoustic, heavy band numbers and just damn right brilliant songs from an amazing catalogue of songs!
    Almost tempted to go along tonight!
    Rescue Clown was hilarious, but just showed off the pure talent and genius of the guy!
    Fair play to the crowd too. Very little chatting or talking, and you could tell everyone was memorised.
    If you're going tonight, you're in for a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

OK gig overall. Far from his best here but good to see him with a band again.
    But by Christ were Magnolia Mountain and Peaceful Valley dull.

The stage exit was funny though; pretty unexpected!

By the way, after the gig, I went for a drink and and was walking back to the hotel (walking up dame st) when I heard a group of lads singing gimme something good...That was grand until I realised they were singing to the band on the tour bus while they were stopped at the lights!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Fair play to the crowd too. Very little chatting or talking, and you could tell everyone was memorised.

There were a lot of idiots in the crowd last night. Quite rowdy at times during the songs.

Great gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Decuc500 wrote: »
    There were a lot of idiots in the crowd last night. Quite rowdy at times during the songs.

Great gig though.
    Depends where you were in the crowd I'd say. Always wasters and half arsers down the back.
    I was in the pit and heard very little noise

Great gig though.

Yeah, id say it happens alot given the different types of songs that they play. Uptempo tune gets the crowd going followed by an acoustic number...The band didn't seem to mind and Ryan obviously didn't care given he was able to have the banter about the 'snakes'!

The analogy about how the crowd was split in pizza slices was funny too. Never been to a gig with so much chat from the artist. He really had the crowd (and the band) in his hand.

• Advertisement

Great gig though.

Was at circle, and most seemed good.

I guess there's always gonna be assh*le pieces of pepperoni on a lovely pizza :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Does anyone know if he came out after the show to meet the fans? I was thinking of staying behind afterwards and trying to get an autograph or picture.

Suas11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if he came out after the show to meet the fans? I was thinking of staying behind afterwards and trying to get an autograph or picture.

If you wait at the stage door to the side of the venue, you'll probably catch them after a good while.
    I wouldn't take a picture, and especially with a flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Great gig last night, Ryan Adams was in great form and the band played a great tight set. loved the pizza analogy from Ryan with regards to the type of music fans that were in attendance , with the slices. He could'nt have been more precise on "slices 7 and 8, been the 2 out on a date" as there was a fella and girl in front of me, who when not taking pics (twice) with the flash , proceeded to yap away , particulary through some of the quiet solo acoustic numbers, that really wrecked my head. Thankfully the girl had the decency to feck off with a friend and didnt come back for a good while, which helped!!!!

Great songs and setlist last night, loved "Oh My Sweet Carolina", which was beautifuly backed up by Natalie Prass's sweet vocals. "Dirty Rain" had a lovely bluesy twist to it and of course "Come Pick Me Up" rounded off a great night.

He interacts with the crowd well (loved the way he was slagging the girl up in the circle "are you leaving as you want to get out of the car park early"? and "trying hitting that falsetto note, tough guy!!!"), the sound was great and had a good view of the stage, the band are brilliant, the ending was a like WTF???, like something out of Game of Thrones mixed with Excalibur , but thats Ryan Adams for you.

Hopefully it wont be too long before he's back on these shores, loved to see him at a summer festival, EP???, eh??, one can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very good performance tonight which i enjoyed in spite of the shockingly poor form of quite a large portion of the audience in the sectiin closest to me in the circle. Really regretted buying seated tickets.

Tristram wrote: »
    Very good performance tonight which i enjoyed in spite of the shockingly poor form of quite a large portion of the audience in the sectiin closest to me in the circle. Really regretted buying seated tickets.

What happened, were they yapping away or taking pics???

Brilliant night. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Does anyone know where I could find a bootleg of the Thursday night? I need to hear all that again

What happened, were they yapping away or taking pics???

Constant chatter, photos with flash, constant back and forth to the bar. Just didnt seem interested in the performance. At least when you're standing you can just move away.

• Advertisement

Constant chatter, photos with flash, constant back and forth to the bar. Just didnt seem interested in the performance. At least when you're standing you can just move away.

I had the same problem and I was standing in the pit. I noticed some people that were going to the bar three or four times right in the middle of the gig. I don't know why they bother going at all when they're gonna miss half the show doing that.

Glad it wasn't all in my head anyway. It was my first gig in Ireland in years so wasn't sure.

Was a bit like that where I was standing, I was just down from the barrier, posted earlier about the 2 muppets taking the pics and talking during the acoustic, but similar with people moving back and forth to the bar, dont get it.

But with the circle, same situation , when I was at the Interpol gig (Thursday night), amazing gig, but like yourself, getting up and out of the seats to the bar, was headwrecking most of time, just didnt get it. Stay in the bar and have your pints and listen to the gig, without ruining it for others is what I would say!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

whiskeyman wrote: »

He is the musical guest on The Saturday Night Show tomorrow night. Don't think he's getting interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Nice acoustic version of Gimme Somethin Good on Saturday night show:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10387018/

Advertisement