Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time job while studying

Options
  • 28-07-2014 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

What are my chances of getting a part time job in Dublin? I'm hoping to get a course in TCD. I'll probably look for bar work or working in a cafe. Do you think I will have much look finding one around late August? I'll be living in halls (all going well). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's fairly likely you will assuming you have a god CV and interview well, there isn't really a jobs problem in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

If you've got experience and you're persistent you'll get part time work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hello96

I see. I've got good bar experience alright. So is it just a case of handing out hundreds of CV's and waiting for a phone call?!
    thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

hello96 wrote: »
    I see. I've got good bar experience alright. So is it just a case of handing out hundreds of CV's and waiting for a phone call?!
    thanks for the replies

I'd also recommend keeping an eye on Twitter (specific pubs sometimes advertise for staff and also some general "pubs in Dublin" accounts like publin and pouringindublin tend to spread the word if somewhere's looking for staff) and uploading a CV and cover letter to jobs.ie. I managed to get part-time bar work this summer straight away after spending about an hour firing off about 20 or 30 applications on jobs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

hello96 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies
    Yuss. Hand out CV's til you're sick of smiling. Also, jobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Is it possible to juggle part-time work and studying as well as being an active member of many clubs and socs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

plmko wrote: »
    Is it possible to juggle part-time work and studying as well as being an active member of many clubs and socs?

Depends on the course,
    the Job
    and the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

papu wrote: »
    Depends on the course,
    the Job
    and the society.

without a job you wont be able to afford study supplies and society events. simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

yournerd wrote: »
    without a job you wont be able to afford study supplies and society events. simples.

What's the point of going to college if you're prioritising work... Youd be better of taking a year out and working full time .

Advertisement