Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US PSN Store

Options
  • 28-07-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have only recently set up my PSN account but now see how much people are saving by using the US store for cheaper games.
    Is there any downsides to using the US Store from Ireland?

Considering making a new account and just sharing the PSN+ between the two accounts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The only 2 minor downsides I can think of are that you cant directly link your credit card to the US account, so you have to buy PSN credit from amazon etc... Also US DLC will not work on european copies of a game..

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Someone mentioned in a thread here lately how certain cards, debit cards/CC will work just fine. Although i've just bought the cards off amazon.com... So apart from having to manage 2 accounts, youll need to buy any dlc for a US game from the US store, which isnt really a problem over the savings you make doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My biggest issue is sony's handhelds and their ability to only hold one account. It means any games I buy for that platform have to be on the one account but with my love of the ps1 selection on us psn and the free games I get on the European one, I'm not getting as much out of my vita as I'd like

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Thanks for the replies everyone, think ill set up the second account.
    There won't be a problem sharing the ps+ online gaming between the two accounts will there once they're both on the same console?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I use my Irish account for all my game playing. Games bought from the US store using my US account work with my Irish account with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I feel everyone needs to have a US account, you save so much money and their selection is a lot better than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IhateScalpers

Just wondering is there any issues playing online on an Irish account with us psn games?
    I'm unsure if it works OK on irish PS+

So far I think it's fine, you just may need to do some research into the game if for example if it was an MMO that limits you to US servers.

Thanks, does there be any extra lag playing on us servers from Ireland though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was playing Dcu online with a few Irish lads and trying to get one American on with us, he had the game and the subscription but couldn't.

First he had to re download the game of EU psn ( game is free now anyway)on top of already having it installed from Us store, his Us account could play but the game content (sub, character, dlc) didn't work, and he couldn't buy anything in game.

Only game I can think of that this extreme, but it's also a Sony first party game.

Varik wrote: »
    Was playing Dcu online with a few Irish lads and trying to get one American on with us, he had the game and the subscription but couldn't.

First he had to re download the game of EU psn ( game is free now anyway)on top of already having it installed from Us store, his Us account could play but the game content (sub, character, dlc) didn't come work, and he could buy anything in game.

Only game I can think of that this extreme, but it's also a Sony first party game.

Thanks, its good to know its a rare thing going by what you said.. I'm not to much of an online player but I was curious.

I'd mainly play the likes of GTA V with my friends or maybe a few games of Fifa 15 when that comes out..
    One more question.. If a game is due out first on US psn is there any problems downloading it that day to a ps4 here?

Sorry it that's a silly question

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If a game is due out first on US psn is there any problems downloading it that day to a ps4 here?

Not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

I started doing this a few months back, FIFA14 and Battlefield all came from Irish PSN store, once I got my US PSN Ive downloaded MLB'14 and Watch_dogs. No issues playing any of them on Irish PSN account. You'll save a fortune!

Thanks, its good to know its a rare thing going by what you said.. I'm not to much of an online player but I was curious.

I'd mainly play the likes of GTA V with my friends or maybe a few games of Fifa 15 when that comes out..
    One more question.. If a game is due out first on US psn is there any problems downloading it that day to a ps4 here?

Sorry it that's a silly question

Nope... It's how I managed to get Ground Zeros a week early :p

Thanks.. One last question
    How do I use my card on Amazon.com with the random address?
    I'm curious since its an Irish card on the us amazon

For the billing address create whatever you want but with your real name and a legit zipcode and state etc... Oregon for example has zero sales tax so that a good option.
    Mine is like this:

Billing address:
    Combat Cow
    123 fake st
    1 rainbow Road
    Seattle, Washington 98121
    United States

Thanks a lot.. So should I use the same fake address on the us psn account as I do on the Amazon account?
    And that address is definitely tax free on games?

Actually now it wants a phone number.. Anything I can do about that?

Sure you can, it does not have to be the same. The example above is for amazon.com to buy the $ psn credit, then you just redeem it on your US psn account. I haven't paid any sales tax on buying psn cards from amazon with that address.

Use your own number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think one thing to watch is if you want a game if it's released at midnight here, you might have to wait a couple of hours for the official release in the US, happened a friend of mine on watchdogs!

I think one thing to watch is if you want a game if it's released at midnight here, you might have to wait a couple of hours for the official release in the US, happened a friend of mine on watchdogs!

You will. Midnight in Ireland is not midnight in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    You will. Midnight in Ireland is not midnight in the US

I wonder if you signed up to an Aussie account could you actually get it earlier at midnight Aussie time?

I wonder if you signed up to an Aussie account could you actually get it earlier at midnight Aussie time?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Do you need to buy a membership to both networks?

You don't need PS+ to buy from any store.

agentgreen wrote: »
    Do you need to buy a membership to both networks?

Yeah you need separate PS+ subscriptions per PSN country profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, gonna try this US store malarky to get NBA 2K15. It's 70 euro on PSN stre released on Friday with no confirmation of pre-load availability. I can't access the US PSN store but read it's only 60 dollars (48 euro), out tusday and you can pre-load Sunday.

So, I create a new PS4 and PSN account with US address like Combat Cow said above, then create a US Amazon account with same address. Can I use my Mastercard debit or credit card on that to buy credit?

Will the PS store not accept my irsh deb cred card? Sorry if there is FAQ and know this has been asked a lot but any hep is greatly apprecited

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Will the PS store not accept my irsh deb cred card?

That's hit and miss. Some people it will work while others (like me) it wont so I just buy the PSN credit off Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow the US PSN store is so much better. YUP NBA is 60 dolars, 22 euro cheaper than Irish store. UNBELIEVABLE!

Gonna try my paypal and cred card now.

Advertisement