Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US PSN Store

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok cred card no go as I can't chang billing address country. Paypal seems to work okay, any reason peopl don't use it though?

Aw man, i bought a 10 dollar card, put code in and have 10 dollars in my wallet. Tried to buy a 50 dollar card, processd for ages and said it is now an open order and can take 2 hours to process for a security check. Am I goosed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wouldn't think so. It's common enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man, i bought a 10 dollar card, put code in and have 10 dollars in my wallet. Tried to buy a 50 dollar card, processd for ages and said it is now an open order and can take 2 hours to process for a security check. Am I goosed?

Same thing just happened to me. '2 hour' wait from 5 mins ago.

Let me know if you get anywhere.

Yupp 2 hours later i got the code and a dirt cheap game.

Big thanks to all the great advice in this thread, will be seriously using this more in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp 2 hours later i got the code and a dirt cheap game.

Big thanks to all the great advice in this thread, will be seriously using this more in future.

Did you go through Amazon? I always get mine instantly from Amazon.

I buy mine from here incase you're wondering.

irishmover wrote: »
    Did you go through Amazon? I always get mine instantly from Amazon.

I buy mine from here incase you're wondering.

Yeah got it from the same place, very handy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some posts deleted - no discussing of game sharing.

Hey, I was just wondering did I make a mistake or something?

I bought Madden 15 on my US account and it play's perfectly with no problem, but the game won't play on any other account on the Playstation (Both which are Irish)

It says- 'Cannot Start the application Only Users who Hold a license for this application can start it'

I googled it and some people have said to Restore licenses, log out and back in and Activate as primary PS4, all which I have done to no avail.

Anyone else have similar problems? Or is it not possible to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

double GG wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering did I make a mistake or something?

I bought Madden 15 on my US account and it play's perfectly with no problem, but the game won't play on any other account on the Playstation (Both which are Irish)

It says- 'Cannot Start the application Only Users who Hold a license for this application can start it'

I googled it and some people have said to Restore licenses, log out and back in and Activate as primary PS4, all which I have done to no avail.

Anyone else have similar problems? Or is it not possible to do this?

You activated your US account as primary right? i had the same issue when i first bought a game and just set US to primary. All good since then.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    You activated your US account as primary right? i had the same issue when i first bought a game and just set US to primary. All good since then.

:o:o:o:o

Thank you kind sir.

I did now and it worked. I don't know why but for some reason I thought I had tried it yesterday and it didn't work.

Now to spend the rest of the day throwing picks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hay guys so i got myself an american psn account, and on the cc information part wanted an american address.So im assuming il have to buy a card or some thing to put money on it, but the ones i found on amazon say they require a usa billing address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

use a fake address for the PSN credit card details or leave it blank. Use a legit billing address for amazon.com and a fake US shipping address. Buy the PSN card then just redeem it on your us psn account.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Hay guys so i got myself an american psn account, and on the cc information part wanted an american address.So im assuming il have to buy a card or some thing to put money on it, but the ones i found on amazon say they require a usa billing address

To buy a PSN card on Amazon.com, eg. 50 dollar card, create a new amazon account with fake american address. I used a fake street in seattle, washington like combatcow. Then when you have to pay amazon, use your irish credit card and real name but use the fake american address. Because it is a digital purchase, I guess they just don't check it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd actually make a fake address in Portland oregan. No sales tax there just in case they ever start adding sales tax. I know Nintendo do which is why I changed my address to there.

Has anyone ever had to get a refund from the US PSN store? NBA 2K15 has had issues since launch and now my My Player has been replaced by someone else's on their server. I heard Sony are offering refunds but might get messy with the US account. I obviously don't want it to come to their attention that I'm not in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Hey guys, where do you buy your game cards from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

amazon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I presume if a game is bought from the US store, then the DLC must also be bought from the US store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I presume if a game is bought from the US store, then the DLC must also be bought from the US store?

yep

• Advertisement

Anyone picking up GTA 5 from the US Store? Thinking of pre-ordering before the 3rd November for the 1 mil in game cash.

60 dollars compare to 65-75 euro here.

double GG wrote: »
    Anyone picking up GTA 5 from the US Store? Thinking of pre-ordering before the 3rd November for the 1 mil in game cash.

60 dollars compare to 65-75 euro here.

Was gonna do the same but waiting to see how you get the 1 mil and if the servers are split into regions.

I got nba from us store and the 10k credits were sent to my account, couldn't use them on my regular psn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CombatCow wrote: »
    you cant directly link your credit card to the US account

You can. Give your CC company a call and tell them you're going to the states for 4 months to stay with your aunt and uncle. Tell them you need their address to be registered on the card, and then use that on the PSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

RedXIV wrote: »
    My biggest issue is sony's handhelds and their ability to only hold one account. It means any games I buy for that platform have to be on the one account but with my love of the ps1 selection on us psn and the free games I get on the European one, I'm not getting as much out of my vita as I'd like

You could, not that I'm saying you should, pick up PlayStation TV and use that for one region and your actual Vita for the other. Not ideal, but it's a solution

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

In an unlikely event of a problem occurring when buying form the US store with the game not working etc, I presume one would have to contact the customer care department in the States?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In an unlikely event of a problem occurring when buying form the US store with the game not working etc, I presume one would have to contact the customer care department in the States?

Yes, but how can a game from a digital store not work. If it gets corrupted during downlaod... just you know... download it again??

Some games will be region locked if you still bought from US store, I got Persona 4 Arena from there a few years back when it was released but couldn't play because it blocked me because of my isp was not american. You will just have to contact the US PSN Customer service and it was no problem to get a refund

boiledeggs wrote: »
    Some games will be region locked if you still bought from US store, I got Persona 4 Arena from there a few years back when it was released but couldn't play because it blocked me because of my isp was not american. You will just have to contact the US PSN Customer service and it was no problem to get a refund

Persona 4 Arena though is the only region locked game on PS3.

Yeah but is an example and answer to what was being inquired about above

• Advertisement

Amazon cancels my order as billing address for my card is Irish, what have you guys done to get around that

Advertisement