Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen not collecting bins?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with Oxigen not collecting when they are meant to?
    This is the 3rd Monday in a row this has happened, on call with them atm for waiting to speak to someone for the last 12 minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently they can collect up to 10pm at night. I swear if there is no collection again today there is going to be serious trouble with them in the morning... my daughter is only home from hospital after open heart surgery and I cannot leave rubbish piling up again.

Did you get a notification that there would be no collection today?

Bins still not collected. I'm actually fuming here. If I didn't have an appointment in Crumlin hospital first thing in the morning they'd be hearing from me at 9am. Instead it's going to simmer until I get home from the appointment and get even more angry. I'm sick of this crap service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Ours did get collected at 7pm this evening, but I had rang them and gave out that this is the 3rd week in a row and asked what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

The brown bin was collected this morning but the black one wasn't.
    This is Mulhuddart.
    I'll leave it out and hopefully they'll come tomorrow.

• Advertisement

We don't have a brown bin, just a green and black. Neither have been collected. I'm actually fuming here. It doesn't matter if it's collected now, after 10pm at night is unacceptable, especially when the estate is filled with kids who are trying to sleep and a noisy bin truck clattering in at this time is all they need. I've two kids in nappies and two more so my bins are always full and waiting for them, I can't have another 3 days rubbish building up. I was pretty angry last week when they didn't collect them but this week will be a different story, they'd want to get a bin truck out here first thing tomorrow. I will not be placated by them telling me they'll collect the bin on Thursday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary12345

The service level with Oxigen was brilliant until a few months ago. What is going on there? All our bills are paid - no issues there.

Despite repeated requests and agreements reached with them, 7 weeks later still no bin collection for my house - another text this morning re-scheduling. It is incredible. No answering calls, no answering emails until recently. Then empty promises that they will collect and repeated failure to do so. 7 weeks rubbish piled up. And the crazy thing is that no other provider can empty anothers' bins, by law. So I cannot get anyone else to do it. There is a serious health and safety issue handling rubbish that is up to 7 weeks old. How to overcome the problem?

Same here something has happened in the last 4-6 weeks, I had thought it was maybe it was drivers on holidays or something like that, but this is absurd.

Mary if I were you I would demand they send a truck out, ASAP or you will be on to the Health & Enviromental section of the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mary12345

Thanks for that.

have been on to Dublin City Council but have no response other than they are passing on the issue to someone else....

I am awaiting the outcome of yet another promise from Oxigen. It beggars belief that this could happen...that the law does not allow one operator to collect the others' bins even when they won't collect them themselves....

I rang this morning to be told, once they'd checked the bin serial number, that it must have been human error and they've put me down for a collection tomorrow.
    I'll let you know if it happens.

• Advertisement

Can I ask where you're living gabsdot? They can't collect mine until Thursday. It's totally not on. She told be the bin truck broke down, again, same as two weeks ago. She also lied through her teeth and told me she was a manager when two weeks previously she was just a team leader, I called her out on it too. They're lying <SNIP> and I've cancelled my account with them. I'm ringing around everywhere tomorrow and seeing what my options are, if I have to pay collosal prices with Panda, I will. At least they collect their bins on time without fail every week.

Im in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Not living in Dublin 15. But Oxigen are brutal. We had all sorts of problems with them from day 1. We were paying by the month and they kept sending us a bill for €40.
    We just continued to pay by the month until one month they didn't send out the sticker. So didn't bother with them after that and they came and took back their bins.
    Then this morning got a letter from some debt collection company called Intirum justica DEMANDING payment of €103, or they were coming to my door.. Ha ha they can swing for it I'm not paying Oxigen for nothing

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    Im in Mulhuddart.

Same as me so. I'll be getting on to them first thing in the morning to get the same collection as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Then this morning got a letter from some debt collection company called Intirum justica DEMANDING payment of €103, or they were coming to my door.. Ha ha they can swing for it I'm not paying Oxigen for nothing
    Be careful with with Intrum Justitia. They've quite the reputation for hounding people over minor debts and may eventually sell your debt to someone less professional if it's left unpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

that is crazy, can ye change provider? We get our bins from Panda and they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Be careful with with Intrum Justitia. They've quite the reputation for hounding people over minor debts and may eventually sell your debt to someone less professional if it's left unpaid.

To be honest they can hound all they like but when you say they will sell the debt to someone less professional what do you mean by that.
    Surely they can't sell it to someone who is gonna come round with baseball bats and what not. That has to be illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

To be honest they can hound all they like but when you say they will sell the debt to someone less professional what do you mean by that.
    Surely they can't sell it to someone who is gonna come round with baseball bats and what not. That has to be illegal.
    Bad debt gets bundled together and factored (sold to debt recovery agencies for a fraction of its value). The more difficult the recovery of the bundle is the cheaper the debt is and the less professional the recovery firms tend to become. Do a search online and see the kinds of less professional that can happen in those situations. There's plenty of small "agencies" in the North Wall area of Dublin that I wouldn't like to deal with.

I'm not saying to pay it. I'm just saying that ignoring companies like Interim Justita isn't as easy as you might think.

eviltwin wrote: »
    that is crazy, can ye change provider? We get our bins from Panda and they are great.

Great, but the 110 euro annual charge plus €9.35 per lift is mental money to the 20 euro a month I was paying Oxigen, like I said though I'd prefer that to the shoddy service I'm receiving at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I changed over to the City Bin company a year ago and they havn't missed a collection as far as I know.

I was very satisfied with them until today when they sent me a letter saying that they were increasing my monthly service charge by E1 and that the black bin was going up by E2.10

I don't know what I'm paying them at the moment and their letter didn't tell me.

One thing I particularly like about them that they send you (or Mrs Murt in my case) a text the evening before collection advising you which bins are being collected the next day.

Mrs Murt then tells me which bins to put out.

http://www.citybin.com/cms/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We are in city centre but were with Oxigen. There are only two of us so bins don't go out too often, however they hadn't been collected since May. Turns out they had switched us over to another company (Ozo.ie) in May, our contract is still with Oxigen but physically collected by these guys. First collection was today after rectifying some mess up.of details when transfer was made (weren't told about it until we enquired about bin collection several times).

City bin don't cover my estate and won't until they expand their fleet according to their employees on Facebook anyway so my options are oxigen and panda unless I find someone else today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

AFAIK debt collection agency's have no legal merit with you (or anyone) as you don't have and never did have a contract with them, also under the data protection act you have the legal right not to disclose any information with them whatsoever.

+1 for Panda also.

Anyone not had their bins collected again today??

They were surprisingly emptied, I was expecting to have to ring them again.

Well they didn't have an explanation for why they didn't collect my bins yesterday. Apparently operations weren't answering their phone all day and there was a big meeting on today to discuss what was going on with the collections (apparently over 100 house's bins weren't collected yesterday). I still haven't a clue when my bins are going to be picked up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I remember when we did not pay for bins and they were collected on time. People think we are going to get a better water service cause we are paying for that now..... I don't think so....

I got a text of oxygen on the Tuesday, a day after supposed collection to tell me that they will now collect on Thursday. Just move it to Thursday and be done with it if they are over loaded.....
    I wonder if that strike at the other company is affecting them, are they having to pick up the slack from them?

Have they just stopped collecting in some estates?

We got a letter three weeks ago telling us that Panda was taking over our service and they'd contact us to arrange payment etc... haven't heard anything from Panda and our black bin was collected first thing Monday morning last week. Waiting to see how long it takes them to either stop collecting because of non payment or contact us from payment. Although I was assured by a lovely gentleman in Oxigen that I'll still only be paying 20 euro per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well that's good to know, Im happy to keep paying 20 and not have to worry about that tag rubbish...

Advertisement