Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

lol.. Solid snake would be proud of that kind of espionage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I reckon 3 CFs is enough for a team that plays 1 up top.

Lunacy. Its gonna be a much longer season with CL matches. Sturridge is injury prone and the other two aren't adequate replacements. We need another striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would prefer to take the same money that Bony would cost in terms of wages and a transfer fee, and see if we could get Aubameyang from Dortmund or Son from Bayer. Both are capable of playing across the front line or out wide, but can also play as the main striker. Have a feeling that this season may be the one in which Son's value starts to spike, so getting the likes of him in now makes sense to me.

Strurridge, Aubameyang or Son, Lambert and Eto'o (on a 12 month contract). :D

Good shout but didnt he only go there last year and for about 12m-15m? I'd say he'd be a hit too if he went to the EPL.

ush wrote: »
    Lunacy. Its gonna be a much longer season with CL matches. Sturridge is injury prone and the other two aren't adequate replacements. We need another striker.

If thats the case you should have 3 CFs, 2 that are at least quality and 1 back up. Speaking for us we're f**ked if Costa gets injured or his form dips dramatically, a 36 year old Drogba ro a sh*te Torres doesnt strike me with confidence if Costa is out for longer than a few games.

I'd prefer to play Schurrle through the middle if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Good shout but didnt he only go there last year and for about 12m-15m? I'd say he'd be a hit too if he went to the EPL.

Yep, scored against Bayern in the Super Cup win as well. Apparently he was supposed to be leaving the club due to under performing but the club and himself are insisting he'll be staying. Would love to see him in the EPL as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I heard he went something like 18 games without scoring also after a good start.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If thats the case you should have 3 CFs, 2 that are at least quality and 1 back up. Speaking for us we're f**ked if Costa gets injured or his form dips dramatically, a 36 year old Drogba ro a sh*te Torres doesnt strike me with confidence if Costa is out for longer than a few games.

I'd prefer to play Schurrle through the middle if I'm honest.

To be honest, I think that Costa will have a tough time unless the style of play at Chelsea is more suited to a striker. He'll still get goals, but not be as prolific as he could be. What I've found about Chelsea last year is that it was obvious around the team that there wasn't much confidence in the front line and the players just behind them didn't integrate well with them.

Cesc could change all that though with his passing and positioning.

But, I still rate Schurrle and would have him as an automatic starter, he wont be given that chance though.....and rumours about Athletico are not going away either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He did, but they have added Immobile since then, so an offer that made them their money back or some profit might be tempting.

Son also moved last summer, but I would still like to see how strong Bayer's resolve would be if £15m was waved at them, given they paid €10m last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Son also moved last summer, but I would still like to see how strong Bayer's resolve would be if £15m was waved at them, given they paid €10m last summer.

Wouldn't Bayer be a bit pissed at us taking Can already? Might take a few mil extra...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Suarez appeal verdict is announced at 2pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dickerty wrote: »
    Wouldn't Bayer be a bit pissed at us taking Can already? Might take a few mil extra...

It's grand Bayer can be our German Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

He did, but they have added Immobile since then, so an offer that made them their money back or some profit might be tempting.

Don't know that much about Son but I like that he's young, a hard worker and not too expensive (on wages too I'd imagine!).

LFC's strenght in the market recently has been identitify this type of player and trying to get them before they reach full potential and get too expensive. Son seems to fit that mould.

I'm not overly excited about Eto or Bony so would prefer someone like Son or Aubameyang

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Lavezzi has apparently turned down a new contract offer from PSG according to Di Marzio of Sky Italia

Hope this isnt so he can push for a move to somewhere like Liverpool. Dont want him at all, high wages and goal shy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

x43r0 wrote: »

Who?

Never heard of him....

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I give this > < much about Suarez, he is just some guy who Liverpool will hopefully play against in the CL final next June (its late next year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I give this > < much about Suarez, he is just some guy who Liverpool will hopefully play against in the CL final next June (its late next year)

Why would you want to play against him in the final? I'd like not to have to have us play against him at all to be honest.

Dickerty wrote: »

Or could be that we build up some good relations with them during the Can negotiations.

Either way they paid €10m for Son last summer. If we came in with a bid that was anywhere between €15m and €20m, then they would stand to make a very quick return on the player, and we would get a pacy skillful hard working player who can play as a winger, as a wide forward, as a striker or as a second striker.

Aubameyang would tick many of the same boxes, and, like Son, I could see him being able to play in the same team as Sturridge as well as being able to step into the striker slot if Sturridge is out/being rested.

Throw Lambert and maybe Eto'o into the mix and we would then have a pretty adaptable set of forward options to be supplied by the likes of Lallana, Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic etc.

Or could be that we build up some good relations with them during the Can negotiations.

I guess it's better to sell to us than to a German rival.
    Shame we lost our Sami link.

Can we try the same with Dortmund??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lavezzi has apparently turned down a new contract offer from PSG according to Di Marzio of Sky Italia

Hope this isnt so he can push for a move to somewhere like Liverpool. Dont want him at all, high wages and goal shy.

All true but Lavezzi would be a cracking signing for any top club... I think if he was given more of a spotlight role then he'd show his talent from his Napoli days...he's always been in the shadows at PSG I think if he came to England he'd get in shape too...always been a bit chubby but he seems to be out of breath a lot easier now a days... at Napoli he was constantly running and very fresh at the end of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, I don't know how you can all be so optimistic about Eto'o. The partnership between Sturridge and Suarez was sensational last season with both players working off each other brilliantly. Would Etoo and Sturridge have this same understanding? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Lads, I don't know how you can all be so optimistic about Eto'o. The partnership between Sturridge and Suarez was sensational last season with both players working off each other brilliantly. Would Etoo and Sturridge have this same understanding? I don't think so.

Would Etoo play with Sturridge ? No
    He would be his backup and we would play with 1 up front and sterling and coutinho on the wings. Much better team formation so for that reason id LOVE etoo at liverpool to be honest

Would not be expecting that from Eto'o if he were to arrive. Would see him as a 3rd or 4th choice back up (in an ideal world where we sign a 2nd choice forward this window) or as the 2nd or 3rd choice back up if we were to wait until January to get a new second choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Like checking your ex birds facebook to see what shes up to. Move on, focus on the new missus. Weve got 7 new ones this summer to focus on so your spoiled for choice :D

S&S only has 6 months together, part of which Suarez was suspended for, so it was only from late September last year that they had a chance to blossom. Smart players will usually find a way to work well together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Daily Mail reporting Giuseppe Rossi interest. I think £28 million is a stupid amount of money for the amount of injuries he's had, but still, if we can get it at a lowered fee I wouldn't say no

Daily Mail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I Hope the ban gets reduced.

Rossi must be the most ACL'd footballer still in the game - three times. Remarkable that he came back so well last season scoring 14 goals in the last 18 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I Hope the ban gets reduced.

So would I, purely to be entertained with how they spin the ban being reduced now that he's at Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£28m is to much for Rossi with his injury history knock £10/12m off that and he would be worth a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,396 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Daily Mail reporting Giuseppe Rossi interest. I think £28 million is a stupid amount of money for the amount of injuries he's had, but still, if we can get it at a lowered fee I wouldn't say no

Daily Mail

Would take him in a heartbeat. Great finisher and this Liverpool team will create chances for him.

The injuries are a real concern though. Would be hard to justify 28M due to the risk involved.

• Advertisement

Cjs21 wrote: »

Daily Mail

Would see him as far too big a risk tbh despite his ability when fit. Especially for anything over about 12m, let alone the silly 28m price tag his club have put on him.

He has only played 39 games over the past three seasons thanks to that right knee of his, and the same knee gave him trouble when he was in Spain as well.

Three season in a row with the same problem (as well as a past history with the same problem) would have me wanting us to stay well away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

skywalker wrote: »
    Like checking your ex birds facebook to see what shes up to. Move on, focus on the new missus. Weve got 7 new ones this summer to focus on so your spoiled for choice :D

Yeah but the ex-missus had big boobies, stunning face, a tight gash and took it up the arse!

The next missus will probably only do it in the missionary position, lights out, under the covers and leave her socks on :(

No way are we taking a punt on someone as crocked as that. We expect every player to be able to do their part, we don't do passengers.

Any more work on Yesil? Is he staying? I think he should, give him the starting berth for the U21 and monitor him closely.
    Can also ensure he doesn't play too much while getting back to 100%...

kfallon wrote: »
    xxxxx

The next missus will probably only do it in the missionary position, lights out, under the covers and leave her socks on :(

Too far, edit that quick!

I've decided that I want him, he's got a character about him that suggests he could thrive in Liverpool and I say that as someone who is now constitutionally opposed to Serie A players. Obviously the price is silly but we have a CEO who's getting better at this transfer lark

Andrea Della Valle "we want 35m euro for him"

Ian Ayre "look, we'll just skip the haggling and I'll offer 20m"

Andrea Della Valle "done"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rossi is a class player, no doubt, but Italians have a very poor record in the PL, you only need to look at the disasters we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Didn't United have first refusal on Rossi at one stage. That expired after he left Villareal did it?

I've decided that I want him, he's got a character about him that suggests he could thrive in Liverpool and I say that as someone who is now constitutionally opposed to Serie A players. Obviously the price is silly but we have a CEO who's getting better at this transfer lark

Andrea Della Valle "we want 35m euro for him"

Ian Ayre "look, we'll just skip the haggling and I'll offer 20m"

Andrea Della Valle "done"

(quietly) Andrea Della Valle "Just got €20M for a crock, hehehe!!"

FYP

I see Andre Schurrle is still being linked with a move to Atletico.

I said before I really can't see Chelsea willing to sell him.

But it is a big but if they are I would love to see us try for him, He would be the ideal player to play alongside Sturridge.

I would have no pronlem with the club spending £25m on him.

Again I don't think Chelsea would be foolish enough to sell him.

I see Andre Schurrle is still being linked with a move to Atletico.

I said before I really can't see Chelsea willing to sell him.

But it is a big but if they are I would love to see us try for him, He would be the ideal player to play alongside Sturridge.

I would have no pronlem with the club spending £25m on him.

Again I don't think Chelsea would be foolish enough to sell him.

we have to chop one foreigner from our squad, we've 18 for 17 positions, even ythough we've plenty of supoprt options I can see why Schurrle is being linked.

Cesc & Moses are HG, Hazard wont be sold, Willian and Oscar very unlikely, Salah i U21 so isnt registered, that leaves Schurrle. Now i'd prefer to sell Oscar and or Willian before Schurrle but the market wont be there for them so I think thats why the Schurrle reports popped up.

We could drop, sell or loan, Mikel/Torres from the squad and the job would be done or if Cech goes that solves all the issues.

Either way I'd be pi**ed if we sold Schurrle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Suarez games ban upheld, but can now start training with Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

For anyone that cares. Suarez ban upheld but he's allowed to train, enter stadium etc.

I wish him well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Suarez games ban upheld, but can now start training with Barcelona.

Was the basis of their appeal that he was now a Barca player, and so different rules should apply?

we have to chop one foreigner from our squad, we've 18 for 17 positions, even ythough we've plenty of supoprt options I can see why Schurrle is being linked.

Cesc & Moses are HG, Hazard wont be sold, Willian and Oscar very unlikely, Salah i U21 so isnt registered, that leaves Schurrle. Now i'd prefer to sell Oscar and or Willian before Schurrle but the market wont be there for them so I think thats why the Schurrle reports popped up.

We could drop, sell or loan, Mikel/Torres from the squad and the job would be done or if Cech goes that solves all the issues.

Either way I'd be pi**ed if we sold Schurrle

Nah you should get rid of him. Hang on to the younger brother and sell Eden.

Tell you what, we will even take him off your hands as a favour

BEST fans in the world!

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Was the basis of their appeal that he was now a Barca player, and so different rules should apply?

It was always gonna be appealed seeing as he's a major investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Rossi is a class player, no doubt, but Italians have a very poor record in the PL, you only need to look at the disasters we've had.

He's a finisher not sure he does much more than that.
    If he did half as good as Zola\Vialli then i'd be happy to have him on board
    He's had some injury issues also so a medical could be turn up something as i think the lad's had two knee rebuilds all ready.

Drone footage shows Liverpool's Anfield stadium development taking shape.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-amazing-drone-footage-shows-7613714

Only if ye take Moses back as well.

What's that , no?

Grand so. :o

• Advertisement

woodyg wrote: »
    He's a finisher not sure he does much more than that.
    If he did half as good as Zola\Vialli then i'd be happy to have him on board
    He's had some injury issues also so a medical could be turn up something as i think the lad's had two knee rebuilds all ready.

Has had more than some injury issues though. You have to go back four seasons to find a fairly injury free season from him. He has been out for between 4 and 10 months at a time at least three times over the past three seasons, and every time it is down to the same knee.

Granted he started last season strongly, but that ended at the start of January when he was out again for 4 months due to his right knee acting up again.

The only thing he has shown consistently for the past three seasons is that his knee has been unable to take any sort of sustained training or playing.

It is a shame that his knee seems to be made from rice krispies because the guy has so much ability, and is the kind of player who could play anywhere across the attcking line

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement