Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

Not a chance he'd pass the medical with our Dr Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Only if ye take Moses back as well.

What's that , no?

Grand so. :o

We get Eden Hazard as long as we take Moses as well?

No problem. Can always put Moses working in the club shop or something.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not a chance he'd pass the medical with our Dr Nick

Pass the medical? I would be worried about him doing his knee in trying to get out of the people carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

If we do have all of the Suarez money to spend i would like us to go for Stephan el shaarawy. Missed most of last season with a foot injury but is still only 21 and looked like he was going to develop into a great player before his injury. Could be gettable after the bad few years they have had and wouldn't cost more then 30 million euros(I hope!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

If we do have all of the Suarez money to spend i would like us to go for Stephan el shaarawy. Missed most of last season with a foot injury but is still only 21 and looked like he was going to develop into a great player before his injury. Could be gettable after the bad few years they have had and wouldn't cost more then 30 million euros(I hope!).

His haircut should drop his value by 10 million alone :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Drone footage shows Liverpool's Anfield stadium development taking shape.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-amazing-drone-footage-shows-7613714

How far back does our plans go? I see a lot of demolition across the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

For anyone that cares. Suarez ban upheld but he's allowed to train, enter stadium etc.

I wish him well

He can also play in friendlies ????

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Not a striker, we dont need another left sided forward. He plays the same position as Lallana so cant see us spending 50m+ on two players and neither of them can play in our problem position of striker

Lallana back training today. Thank god, should be good for at least the bench v City you would think

1408020254552_wps_6_LFC_players_are_seen_trai.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kelly has moved.
    Martin KellyVerified account
    @MartinKelly1990
    Now to start a new chapter of my football career at crystal palace a great club with unbelievable fans excited already for the weekend
    Martin KellyVerified account
    @MartinKelly1990
    I would like to thank all the managers at lfc for making my wish from the age of 7 come true playing for 1 of the biggest clubs in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kelly has moved.

I'll never forget his magnificent debut against Lyon back in 2009. He's been a great servant to the club, despite all his injury problems. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's a bargain in the making for Palace. Play him at CB and watch him blossom...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Vicxas wrote: »

JS43531228.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dickerty wrote: »
    That's a bargain in the making for Palace. Play him at CB and watch him blossom...

It could well be, he never really kicked on for us and would not get the chances to develop, it would be nice to see him do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Let's hope there's either a buy-back or sell-on clause in there for Kelly. I think he's going to turn into a very good player so we might as well take advantage of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was just thinking of a wildcard we could look at for a player to play across the front three.

Deulofeu!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I was just thinking of a wildcard we could look at for a player to play across the front three.

Deulofeu!
    I know he is still young and all but he looked way too greedy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Dickerty wrote: »

i genuinely hope we've put a buy back clause/first refusal stip in the sale contract. if he's over the injuries and puts two solid years together, he could be a top class player. best of luck to him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Let's hope there's either a buy-back or sell-on clause in there for Kelly. I think he's going to turn into a very good player so we might as well take advantage of that.

get out of my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

get out of my mind

"Get into my caaaar, do do do dooooo"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That pic of Lallana back in training gave me a flashback a dream last night.
    Opening day of the season, we are 0-0 with Southampton, 89th minute.
    We have not been at our best for the match, its been dreadful to watch. The feeling that this could define our season has kicked in.
    On comes a sub I dont recognise immediately. Gets the ball and jinks between the centre half and full back and passes the ball to the back of the net. It's Lallana, scores on his debut against his old club.

Are we actually in for song!?

Jesus the disadvantages of working night shifts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Deulofeu!

Think we have enough of that type. Cover or someone to rotate with Sturridge is what is needed.

Are we actually in for song!?

Jesus the disadvantages of working night shifts

You back working on Baggot Street Bridge again?

Cross Rossi off the list lads, his agent comments below
    “There is nothing between Rossi and Liverpool,” Andrea Pastorello told Tutto Mercato Web.

“There is absolutely nothing to comment on. Honestly, I don’t know anything about this.

“I’m not aware of any offer. This is something that has come from England and nowhere else.”

I know we were linked with him about a year back but wouldn't mind being linked with him again, Stefan Kiessling.

Great finisher and great strength and aerial presence, much better option than Eto'o but would of course be more expensive.

Another one we've been linked with previously is Llorente, always thought he'd suit the English game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Looks like Samuel Etoo it us then. Very underwhelming. Im still shocked we havent looked at Jackson Martinez, hes probably the only one that has slipped through the net so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That pic of Lallana back in training gave me a flashback a dream last night.
    Opening day of the season, we are 0-0 with Southampton, 89th minute.
    We have not been at our best for the match, its been dreadful to watch. The feeling that this could define our season has kicked in.
    On comes a sub I dont recognise immediately. Gets the ball and jinks between the centre half and full back and passes the ball to the back of the net. It's Lallana, scores on his debut against his old club.

Unfortunately he wont be ready to play for a few weeks.

Cjs21 wrote: »
    I know we were linked with him about a year back but wouldn't mind being linked with him again, Stefan Kiessling.

Great finisher and great strength and aerial presence, much better option than Eto'o but would of course be more expensive.

Another one we've been linked with previously is Llorente, always thought he'd suit the English game.

Llorente is slower than andy carroll !
    110% no, never!

• Advertisement

Llorente is slower than andy carroll !
    110% no, never!

He is slower granted. I think we need a vulture, just hangs around the box. We've signed many players like that in the past, like you mentioned Andy Carroll, but never in this system.

I think if we had this team and Carroll was in it he would be successful in the team (Bar the injuries of course)

EDIT: Before the replies come in, I am not for one second saying sign Andy Carroll, I'd prefer to have Dalglish as he is now up front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

He is slower granted. I think we need a vulture, just hangs around the box. We've signed many players like that in the past, like you mentioned Andy Carroll, but never in this system.

I think if we had this team and Carroll was in it he would be successful in the team (Bar the injuries of course)

EDIT: Before the replies come in, I am not for one second saying sign Andy Carroll, I'd prefer to have Dalglish as he is now up front!

Ricky Lambert?

Bony has all of Llorentes attributes along with far more pace
    Llorente im afraid is a non runner in our system

You back working on Baggot Street Bridge again?

I wish! I've been demoted to Phoenix Park :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Bony has all of Llorentes attributes along with far more pace
    Llorente im afraid is a non runner in our system

Bony and far more pace does not compute unless you are talking about how slow Bony is.

The likes if Llorente and Bony just dont suit our system. If sturridge gets injured you dont want to have to adopt a whole new approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bony would be the best realistic buy for a fox in the box type striker, if that is what Rodgers wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think the that ship has sailed, with regards to Kiessling. He's 30 now, and can't see us getting him of Leverkusen without stupid money.

Don't see him wanting to leave, either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I hadn't seen a link between us and Rossi in years, I threw his name out there during the week as a fantasy signing and now he's linked by the Mail? They're on to us lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

rob316 wrote: »
    Bony would be the best realistic buy for a fox in the box type striker, if that is what Rodgers wants.

Franny Jeffers please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

mosstin wrote: »
    Franny Jeffers please.

Way to kill the conversation in here! :D

joe123 wrote: »
    Bony and far more pace does not compute unless you are talking about how slow Bony is.

The likes if Llorente and Bony just dont suit our system. If sturridge gets injured you dont want to have to adopt a whole new approach.

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/6416/wilfried-bony/

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/2827/llorente/

Check out the acceleration difference. Bony is FAR from slow. He has the same pace as Rooney and I would doubt many would whinge if we were buying him because he is too slow

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/797/wayne-rooney/

And those are the Fifa 14 stats which are some of the most accurate sporting stats on earth before someone starts saying they are made up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Genuinely gutted if the murmurs of Kellys leaving are true. Always rated him, and he's a beast. Think were trying to cash in on a crock while he's fit.

Real pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

And those are the Fifa 14 stats which are some of the most accurate sporting stats on earth before someone starts saying they are made up!

Are you actually being serious?

El Inho wrote: »
    Genuinely gutted if the murmurs of Kellys leaving are true. Always rated him, and he's a beast. Think were trying to cash in on a crock while he's fit.

Real pity

Sorry to say but they haven't been murmurs for about a day now.

BvA7ya3CMAE9Gxo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Sorry to say but they haven't been murmurs for about a day now.

BvA7ya3CMAE9Gxo.png

Jaysus this new job has my eye off the ball!

Here's hoping for a buy back clause

Let's hope so. Thought it was good for him to be left go before it's too late. If he was at City or Chelsea he's be kept there to rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Have a walk around. Its comes in fourth on the the most crimes committed (In Liverpool)for the month of June.:)
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Hayfield+St,+Liverpool,+Merseyside+L4,+UK/@53.432179,-2.965618,3a,75y,116.41h,87.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1ssnOGPBUfH18Al0ite5MEJQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x487b2165caab4613:0x1b7d584ba83b3db9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Always wanted Kelly to make it with us but the injuries were too much and whenever he was fit he never got much of a look in recently. Really hope things go well for him at palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kelly had the makings of a beast, he's an absolute crock though god love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In light of the above post, and what with the season kicking off this very weekend, I suppose now is as good a time as ever to remind people of the below.

The LFC Thread's approved way of getting out of work, family occasions, and other such obligatory matters, in order to view the matches, is the following:

Call in dead. Its the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/6416/wilfried-bony/

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/2827/llorente/

Check out the acceleration difference. Bony is FAR from slow. He has the same pace as Rooney and I would doubt many would whinge if we were buying him because he is too slow

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/797/wayne-rooney/

Fair play for doing the research, but stats will only give you half the story, as we know too well from the time we recruited Downing based on his 15 assists.

I don't see Bony being a success for Liverpool as I don't think he's technically good enough to link well with the other forwards, nor mentally aware of what's going on around him.. maybe I'm being overly concerned with "tekkers" having been spoilt with the likes of Danny, Cout and Sterling's inspired play last year (let alone Luis' handy footwork).

The only nuggets I'm taking from the Bony stats are a couple of comments underneath, surely attributed to Chuck Norris in the past:

"Bony has a bear carpet in his living room. The bear isn't dead, it's just afraid to move."
    "Bony has already been to Mars, that's why there are no signs of life."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement