Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jose must be pissed off, hardly heard a word from him in pre-season! :pac:

Kess73 wrote: »
    I have mentioned it by way of a mod edit to the OP in the match threads that are currently up, and my co mods and I will add a message to any other match threads that get started today.

Same thing will be done tomorrow and Monday.

We really don't want to "catch" people out on this, but it falls under the copyright rule that is already part of the charter. We will be doing our best to enforce it without cards for as long as we can, but repeat offenders will get carded.

Cool, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

no mention of an alternative table this year Morzadec?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

I know it sounds as if we're killjoys but we have to protect our intellectual property.
    The only intellectual property they have is the branding.

Man Utd have banned iPads/tablets from the stadium under the guise of a "terrorist threat" - nothing at all to do with the fact that you can record/stream the game from such devices.

Otten Cup

Line up Liverpool: Fulton, Brannagan, Cleary, Hart, Maguire, Ojo, Phillips, O' Hanlon, Rossiter, Wilson, Roberts

Line up Heerenveen: Bekkema, St. Juste, Oosterlen, Gartenmann, Schoop, Ymele Feudjio, Kada, Leilis, Gudmundsson, Agbaljan, Deckers

edit 12:34 (EST) Goal Liverpool!! Wilson is one on one with the goalie and scores

HT Liverpool lead 1-0, the games are just 60 minutes.

13:13 Substitution Liverpool: Sinclair replaces Ojo

13:12 Goal Liverpool!! Ojo sets up the play and his teammate crosses to Brannagan heading the ball into the net from close range.

13:29 Goal Liverpool!! Wilson rounds the goalie and puts the ball into the net. This immediately is the end of the match

13:32 The result of Liverpool FC - sc Heerenveen is 3-0

Bring on Real Madrid :)
    This match saw the two winners of yesterday's matches pair up. Liverpool got a lot of space by the Heerenveen defense. On an occassion Wilson goes one on one with Bekkema, rounds him and scores 1-0. Which was also the half time score.

Heerenveen had the better of play in the second half. The biggest chance for Heerenveen is when the ball is cleared of the line twice within a matter of seconds. On the counter attack Brannagan scores a close range header to give Liverpool a two goal lead. Just before the end of the match Wilson's second goal of the match secures Liverpools place in the semi-finals.

So Madrid game is a dead rubber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

bluefinger wrote: »
    no mention of an alternative table this year Morzadec?

Season hasn't started yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i see that utter buffoon paul merson has quickly changed his tune and has us down to finish in champions league places this year.

ricero wrote: »
    i see that utter buffoon paul merson has quickly changed his tune and has us done to finish in champions league places this year.

That's us fcuked so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Otten Cup

Line up Liverpool: Fulton, Brannagan, Cleary, Hart, Maguire, Ojo, Phillips, O' Hanlon, Rossiter, Wilson, Roberts

Line up Heerenveen: Bekkema, St. Juste, Oosterlen, Gartenmann, Schoop, Ymele Feudjio, Kada, Leilis, Gudmundsson, Agbaljan, Deckers

edit 12:34 (EST) Goal Liverpool!! Wilson is one on one with the goalie and scores

HT Liverpool lead 1-0, the games are just 60 minutes.

13:13 Substitution Liverpool: Sinclair replaces Ojo

13:12 Goal Liverpool!! Ojo sets up the play and his teammate crosses to Brannagan heading the ball into the net from close range.

This is Mike65 posting style. How are you keeping Mike.
    Registered end June over 700 posts and posts in Waterford forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nah, it's just rarnes' Mike tribute account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I love seeing gifs and Vine vids myself as it can really add to a discussion over a goal or incident, but we do to have to comply with whatever guidelines are given to us on it from here in.

Youtube is fine at present, but gifs of ingame incidents and goals are going to be a no no unless we get told otherwise. Same is going to apply to Vine as it has come under the spotlight of EPL legal eagles.

I earlier added a mod note to the OPs of the match threads that are currently up to remind folks of the copyright side of things, and whilst I can understand folks not being happy with it, it is something that Boards really does not have any say in. If those that own the copyrights say that they not want their property shown, then Boards has no choice but to comply.

Will be much easier for everyone that uses the forum, posters and mods alike, if we can all get onboard with it asap because none of the mods want to have to go down the card route to enforce this if we can help it, but at the same time we do have to try to get everyone onboard as it is something that could come back to bite the forum and individuals if left unchecked.

Can we post links to Vines/gifs (rather than embedding them) or is that a problem as well?

I can understand the PL having a problem with extended highlights or whole matches, but trying to play whack a mole with clips of goals is just utterly futile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Nah, it's just rarnes' Mike tribute account.

Is it actually Mike though? :pac:

Gbear wrote: »
    Can we post links to Vines/gifs (rather than embedding them) or is that a problem as well?

I can understand the PL having a problem with extended highlights or whole matches, but trying to play whack a mole with clips of goals is just utterly futile.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057270806

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So many comedic moments will be lost now.

Like someone else spit just landing in Youngs mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Links will not be allowed either. The EPL are cracking down on any showing, of what they have the copyright to, that they do not approve.

A five second clip/gif is getting the same treatment as extended highlight or full games and links to them will be no different.

Links will not be allowed either. The EPL are cracking down on any showing, of what they have the copyright to, that they do not approve.

A five second clip/gif is getting the same treatment as extended highlight or full games and links to them will be no different.

That seems ****ing daft (not that I'm having a go at boards about it).

I doubt they're clamping down on Google for displaying the relevant search results.

How about if we put it into "Let Me Google That for You"?:pac:

So many comedic moments will be lost now.

Like someone else spit just landing in Youngs mouth

It's just gifs/vines from games though? Funny gifs are still allowed afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That seems ****ing daft (not that I'm having a go at boards about it).

I doubt they're clamping down on Google for displaying the relevant search results.

How about if we put it into "Let Me Google That for You"?:pac:

Like trying to put a fire out with a water bottle.

How on earth do they hope to Police that?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's just gifs/vines from games though? Funny gifs are still allowed afaik

Happened during a match, so I'd assume it would fall under PL copyright.

Pity it was a doozy.

Knex. wrote: »

They're a bunch of dinosaurs. They don't understand the internet.

If they had half a brain between them, once their contractual agreements for broadcasting replays (for MotD and all that) were completed they'd be trying to push people to watch videos on their site.

At least then they could get some add revenue, and I'd imagine it would be substantial if they were the busiest site in the world for watching football videos.

But it's never the businesses full of computer illiterate 50-somethings that think of these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Agent Van Gaal reporting for duty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Depends on the size of the fire, tbh.

And the size of the water bottle too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

5live wrote: »
    Depends on the size of the fire, tbh.

And the size of the water bottle too:pac:

5live.

Shut up.

:pac:

Is Bony doing anything to suggest a last gasp bid to sign him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

very quiet game by big wilf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

His block on Jones led to the goal, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Definitely not

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Welcome to the revelation from 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Welcome to the revelation from 2 weeks ago.

I'm relived.

I had put the motion out there, but literally nobody wanted to take up the Loan Watch mantle.

Harry seems fresher and younger than Mike too. I bet he got faster internet.

The EPL are cracking down on vines, so they will remove the vines which will mean the post on boards is irrelevant then. They will not be trawling boards and the like for links to vines.

I know the futility of even trying to discuss this here so it'll probably be the last time I refer to it (and I won't post anything) but it's certainly not a necessary rule at all imo.

I love seeing gifs and Vine vids myself as it can really add to a discussion over a goal or incident, but we do to have to comply with whatever guidelines are given to us on it from here in.

Youtube is fine at present, but gifs of ingame incidents and goals are going to be a no no unless we get told otherwise. Same is going to apply to Vine as it has come under the spotlight of EPL legal eagles.

I earlier added a mod note to the OPs of the match threads that are currently up to remind folks of the copyright side of things, and whilst I can understand folks not being happy with it, it is something that Boards really does not have any say in. If those that own the copyrights say that they not want their property shown, then Boards has no choice but to comply.

Will be much easier for everyone that uses the forum, posters and mods alike, if we can all get onboard with it asap because none of the mods want to have to go down the card route to enforce this if we can help it, but at the same time we do have to try to get everyone onboard as it is something that could come back to bite the forum and individuals if left unchecked.
    Why is YouTube alright? It's checked by the PL as well.

The EPL are cracking down on vines, so they will remove the vines which will mean the post on boards is irrelevant then. They will not be trawling boards and the like for links to vines.

I know the futility of even trying to discuss this here so it'll probably be the last time I refer to it (and I won't post anything) but it's certainly not a necessary rule at all imo.

Aye. Surely Vine is the same as YouTube, in that when the content itself is acted upon, it won't show up in the post on boards anymore.

Can't see how its different, and certainly can't see how Boards could get in any hot water over it.

Youtube pay money to the vested interests to be able to use copyrighted material.

Vine is some dude recording the tv on his smart phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Only 45 mins but watching Swansea in action I feel Bony is certainly not the answer for us. Big, akward, slow and lumbering for me.

• Advertisement

Youtube pay money to the vested interests to be able to use copyrighted material.

Not in all cases by far. What if the same dude records his tv and puts it on youtube? It'd be up to youtube or PL to request it be taken down.

Just throwing my card into the "we don't need Wilf " hat.

Unless he bangs in a hat-trick, then I'll be flip floppin

They remove plenty of videos.

Vine is owned by twitter. Plenty of goals on youtube are recorded using phones pointed at the telly. It's really fine hair-splitting.

I don't mean all videos on Youtube.

C'mon guys

It is a necessary rule because Boards would be responsible for publishing a link to the content and as such face legal action.

The simple fact is that this site has received edicts with regards to copyrighted material which is why streams are not allowed, and we are going down the same road again now with regards to gifs/Vines of EPL copyrighted material.

• Advertisement

Any word on what the Origi winner was like for Lille?

Vine can be anything, though. Like last season when people recorded the scenes around Anfield when the team coach was coming through.

That's hardly an issue.

But to be fair to Boards, you can't start putting in if clauses like that, it has to be a blanket ban, or nothing at all in terms of modding it.

It is a necessary rule because Boards would be responsible for publishing a link to the content and as such face legal action.

The simple fact is that this site has received edicts with regards to copyrighted material which is why streams are not allowed, and we are going down the same road again now with regards to gifs/Vines of EPL copyrighted material.

Oh I know why it's being done, just wanted to record my view that it's certainly overkill but I know it's not going to change, no matter how silly I think it is.

Anyhow, there'll be a few more posts, people will grumble, and then in a week or so it'll be an accepted (if grudgingly) restriction. Hopefully ye'll include allowing some limited comment as part of the sensible modding at first (as seems to be the case thankfully) on this rather than banning all talk about it as well straight off the bat.

Aye. Surely Vine is the same as YouTube, in that when the content itself is acted upon, it won't show up in the post on boards anymore.

Can't see how its different, and certainly can't see how Boards could get in any hot water over it.

Nothing at all like Youtube when it comes to the EPL.

Youtube pays out revenue to the EPL and as such all EPL content on Youtube gets policed by Youtube. So there is no issues currently with Boards showing Youtube content.

As for Boards not being able to get into hot water if it gets used to published copyrighted material or used as a stage where copyrighted material gets accessed? Well the edicts that major organisations have sent to this site in the past say otherwise unfortunately.

Does not really matter how much people want to argue against this. It is happening and Boards does not have a choice in the matter.

If people have issues with the various copyright related rules that are going to be enforced in this forum, then the ports of call, depending on what folk disagree with, are Mr Sean Sherlock and the EPL.

Any word on what the Origi winner was like for Lille?

It was a bad penalty decision, but he put it away well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

0944EBD00F994CC4A93DAEBF9847C0C2-0000324468-0003634044-00501L-52E1ACA232F04D38A0C1C3896FB599E0.jpg

What about links to twitter posts which contain vines?

It was a bad penalty decision, but he put it away well.

Cheers. Be super exciting if he pushes on this season and gets a few goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So no news articles to be posted, now no clips from games, or no streams. All on top of good posters going missing on a weekly basis for a variety of reasons. Im not trying to rock the boat, but it doesn't really look good for the Soccer forum imo.

What about links to twitter posts which contain vines?

Vineception.

I like it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement