Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

5starpool wrote: »
    Oh I know why it's being done, just wanted to record my view that it's certainly overkill but I know it's not going to change, no matter how silly I think it is.

Anyhow, there'll be a few more posts, people will grumble, and then in a week or so it'll be an accepted (if grudgingly) restriction. Hopefully ye'll include allowing some limited comment as part of the sensible modding at first (as seems to be the case thankfully) on this rather than banning all talk about it as well straight off the bat.

I don't like it either, but it is just the way it has to be if the site wishes to comply with the law. I have no problem at all with some civil discussion on it, in fact I welcome any such chat as it will help forum users become more aware of what is going on and lets folk have a bit of steam venting, but it is a change that we have no choice whatsover with, and one that anyone who wishes to mod this forum is going to have to back and one that anyone who wishes to use the forum will also have to comply with.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheers. Be super exciting if he pushes on this season and gets a few goals

Thoughts on a name change?

What about links to twitter posts which contain vines?

Cannot give you an answer to that as I don't know myself yet. Unless Twitter get or have something in place with the EPL, then my guess, and it is only a guess, is that we may see that being looked at as well.

But right now I don't know, and all I can advise is to err on the side of caution when and where possible with regards to any footage or links to footage.

When the mods know more, we will make sure it gets to the rest of forum the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kess73 wrote: »
    Cannot give you an answer to that as I don't know myself yet. Unless Twitter get or have something in place with the EPL, then my guess, and it is only a guess, is that we may see that being looked at as well.

But right now I don't know, and all I can advise is to err on the side of caution when and where possible with regards to any footage or links to footage.

When the mods know more, we will make sure it gets to the rest of forum the same day.

I'm with you on the whole Vine thing, in terms that nobody likes it, but we have no choice.

But I really don't see how anything can be done about Twitter links here, in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Are we allowed replay match incidents in our head?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Waiting til the transfer window closes :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm relived.

I had put the motion out there, but literally nobody wanted to take up the Loan Watch mantle.

Harry seems fresher and younger than Mike too. I bet he got faster internet.

hSgp9An.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd fans singing 'you scouse b*stard' at Shelvey 2 mins after their club captain, an actual scouser, equalises is kind of funny.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Only if you don't commentate over it. That would lead to file sharing.

• Advertisement

So no news articles to be posted, now no clips from games, or no streams. All on top of good posters going missing on a weekly basis for a variety of reasons. Im not trying to rock the boat, but it doesn't really look good for the Soccer forum imo.

The news article rule stays the very same as it has been since 2012. As in a link to the article and the first paragraph are allowed.

The stream rule is as it has been since last season and I am sure that if people want to go down that route they can do so easily enough without having to mention a source here on Boards.

As for posters, well posters come and go and there has been, and will be, no shortage of good posters using the site.

So nothing new save for the gif and Vine side of things, and that rule will stay or go depending on how things go between the EPL and the sites shown the copyrighted stuff.

No reason at all for things to look bad for the soccer forum. People can still discuss teams and what not, and I am sure not being able to look at a gif/Vine on this site is going to have a big impact as people will still discuss what happened in various games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why, are the PL bigwigs clamping down on our usernames too?

Boards Soccer Forum in 2018

User 398

I enjoyed when player 7 of 11 from our team red put the leather sphere into the rectangle net.

User 712

I also enjoyed that moment.

Mod:

Thread Locked.

Richard Scudamore is outside my gaff with a hi ace full of lads.

Only if you include an EPL logo on the top right corner, and say a prayer to Richard Scudamore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Only if you don't commentate over it. That would lead to file sharing.
    Only if you include an EPL logo on the top right corner, and say a prayer to Richard Scudamore

Ill do that as long as I can use a commentary team of Michael Owen and Phil Neville, and have Paul Alcock giving the referee input?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So Liverpool eh?

We could do worse than a bid for Ki of Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Liverpool eh?

We could do better as well.

Edit; maybe Sigurdsson on loan in January :pac:

• Advertisement

So Liverpool eh?

By Odin's blistling Beard I had forgotten this was the Liverpool FC forum. :)

Back to the proper stuff then.

What team do folk want to see put out tomorrow, and what team do they think will be put out?

Me I want this team.

Mignolet
    Johnson
    Lovern
    Sakho
    Moreno
    Gerrard

Henderson
    Can

Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge

With Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge being free to roam and interchange.

But I think we will see

Mignolet
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Lovern
    Enrique
    Gerrard

Henderson
    Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge

Whatever about the other 10, I don't want Johnson anywhere near the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

God its a pity we are not paying United early in the season. They look v uncomfortable in this new system and have no pace in the side. They have zero chance of challenging for the league on this showing, a million miles off it

Think Manquillo for Enrique, and Can for Allen.

Be shocked if Johnson doesn't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Morenos paperwork was not done in time so he cant play tomorrow so hopefully its manquillo rb and johnson/enrique lb

• Advertisement

God its a pity we are not paying United early in the season. They look v uncomfortable in this new system and have no pace in the side. They have zero chance of challenging for the league on this showing, a million miles off it

That is always the way with LVG when he takes over a new team, I'm expecting very poor results until Christmas until the players get used to his ways.

I really would like to get an experienced RB in.

Manquillo lots of promise but little experience.

Flanagan I really just don't think he will become a first team regular. He will be a very good squad player.

Johnson out of Liverpool not just the squad.
    Sign Clyne tomorrow

That is always the way with LVG when he takes over a new team, I'm expecting very poor results until Christmas until the players get used to his ways.

Who says the players are good enough to play his way though?

In fairness the same happened with Rodgers when he took over. From Feb to May that season the team really started to click.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see utds easy start of the season going so well!!

D7zve3O.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Good start to our top four challenge.

I really would like to get an experienced RB in.

Manquillo lots of promise but little experience.

Flanagan I really just don't think he will become a first team regular. He will be a very good squad player.

Johnson out of Liverpool not just the squad.

Would love to go back to Southampton and get Clyne tbh. Think there is a very good right back in him, and whilst his attacking play is average, he is very good on the defensive side of things which might be no harm if we are going to go with a very attack minded full back on the other flank.

He has looked good whenever I have seen him, and his performance against us at Anfield last season really stood out for me. He was like a brick wall against everyone that tried to go down his flank, and can remember him matching Sterling for pace pretty much every time Sterling tried to run at him. What really stuck in my mind about that game was how he was able to handle different types of attack. He could meet pace with pace, he met strength with strength, and he had the agility to match anyone who tried to beat him with skill.

Will be interesting to see how he does tomorrow with the likes of Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Can, Henderson etc all providing different kinds of threat

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Perfect start to the weekend. Surprised how poor United were.

Perfect start to the weekend.

Prefer to wait until we have three points on the board before laughing at Man U. :)

I'd say John Motson and Dion Dublin are raging now.

• Advertisement

Prefer to wait until we have three points on the board before laughing at Man U. :)

I wish more people thought like that. I would imagine it would make this place much better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Not at all, when one of our main rivals lose it's always a good thing. If they keep playing like that they won't be rivals for long either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Even more eager now for us to make quick work of Soton.

Would love to go back to Southampton and get Clyne tbh. Think there is a very good right back in him, and whilst his attacking play is average, he is very good on the defensive side of things which might be no harm if we are going to go with a very attack minded full back on the other flank.

Clyne has been my shout all summer. I wouldn't be to worried about his attacking play at all,We have enough attacking players in the team.

I feel he is a good young defender first and foremost who would add good stability to the shakey defence we had last season.

I just don't see us taking the p1ss again this season and going back to Southampton.

I just feel the weak spot in our defence now is RB. Of course Brendan could suprise us all and go with three at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So no news articles to be posted, now no clips from games, or no streams. All on top of good posters going missing on a weekly basis for a variety of reasons. Im not trying to rock the boat, but it doesn't really look good for the Soccer forum imo.

I enjoy posting here but the reason I post on another, smaller, dedicated Liverpool forum is so I don't have to worry about ****e like that.

It's also fun to be allowed to abuse opposition players/managers/etc :P

I wish more people thought like that. I would imagine it would make this place much better too.

More a case of me, in seasons gone by, having a good laugh at other teams losing games only to have my own team lose the following day and having my scoffs thrown back at me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Super-Rush wrote: »
    0944EBD00F994CC4A93DAEBF9847C0C2-0000324468-0003634044-00501L-52E1ACA232F04D38A0C1C3896FB599E0.jpg

I can't cope with our mid table mediocrity. Just as I was getting used to top 4.

Oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I would too.

Doesn't mean I will though :pac:

But then if we don't win we lose out on the laughing??

Also, holding in a laugh for over a day probably isn't medically advisable!

All a bit of crack tbf, what it's all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

If ever a team needed to spend big on 8 or 9 players (aside from us) it's United. I couldn't believe the amount of people tipping them for a top four. They have to invest big in the next couple of weeks and give the players and VG a few months to get things sorted. Miracles don't happen overnight, or in one off season.

Which is why I think that the winning mentality we showed last season (and the last half of the season before that) will reap dividends this season also. Haven't been this confident in August for years. Expecting another top 2 finish, and to hold our heads up in the CL. We need a solid year in the CL to improve our ranking before we can really compete at that level.

Anyone getting a bad reception on Setanta? Keeps stopping and starting.

Know it's not Liverpool related but this is the only place I'd get a quick answer.

Know it's not Liverpool related but this is the only place I'd get a quick answer.

No its fine for me.

Just checked and my reception is clear atm

No its fine for me.

Must be the telly so.. :(

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Must be the telly so.. :(

Cheers.
    I'm getting it too, very choppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, very choppy for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fine for me as well but what the hell is that diamond with the time in it all about? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the season so far :D Bring on the saints tomorrow and plenty of pints!

I'm getting it too, very choppy

Yeah that's what I have. I'll just wait it out, they'll probably fix it in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I know what you mean.

And then i remember that it took them a whole twelve minutes to sing a song about Liverpool and I say fck 'em

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement