Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the season so far :D Bring on the saints tomorrow and plenty of pints!

Three, hopefully!

Heres to wishfully hoping that Spurs suck.

G'wan Big Sam, I've always loved you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I know what you mean.

And then i remember that it took them a whole twelve minutes to sing a song about Liverpool and I say fck 'em

Yeah, but I think that I am getting to a stage where I don't even want to acknowledge the minority of idiots who do that kind of thing.

There was a time when I would get really worked up over it, but really are that kind of idiots worth it? And they are certainly not worth the effort it would take to come down to their level.

Every club has that sort of idiot supporter, and I am starting to believe the only way to wean them out is to blank them out.

It is pretty much the football ground version of online trolling/baiting. A group of idiots who feel safe to shout bile thanks to being getting a degree of anonymity through being part of a cluster of people whereas online that anonymity is gained through just being a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Screw the minority of idiots. Our team plays tomorrow and we can go through all sorts of highs and lows watching that team without the need to think about another team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone getting a bad reception on Setanta? Keeps stopping and starting.

Know it's not Liverpool related but this is the only place I'd get a quick answer.

Mine is fine also but their clock is so stupid whats that all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Theres a lot of garbage flying around on Twitter at the moment regarding possible incomings. Balotelli on Loan which makes no sense considering we have the money to buy him outright and he wouldnt be that expensive, Gonzalo Higuain is another which makes no sense, would not suit our system and Alex Song is more rubbish I think seeing as Lucas is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Naughton sent off for deliberate handball for Spurs. Noble misses penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Theres a lot of garbage flying around on Twitter at the moment regarding possible incomings. Balotelli on Loan which makes no sense considering we have the money to buy him outright and he wouldnt be that expensive, Gonzalo Higuain is another which makes no sense, would not suit our system and Alex Song is more rubbish I think seeing as Lucas is still there

Lucas to Napoli, Higuain to Liverpool then Song to replace Lucas who has left.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    But then if we don't win we lose out on the laughing??

Also, holding in a laugh for over a day probably isn't medically advisable!

All a bit of crack tbf, what it's all about.

Too early to use the van Gaal celebrating on the bus gif that I've seen loads of time this summer?

Despite the result earlier I expect utd to be better this season anyhow, so I'll enjoy the result earlier just in case they win their next 5 easy-on-paper games.

Lucas to Napoli, Higuain to Liverpool then Song to replace Lucas who has left.

If Rodgers got in Clyne, an attacking player (say Son or someone of that level), and maybe Romero (on loan or as a buy), then I would be a very happy camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

pmy.murphy wrote: »

I enjoyed this
    @JamesPearceEcho: @cn83lfc No truth whatsoever. There's more chance of the manager registering Colin Pascoe to play.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On a topical note (vine, etc, not LFC), Squawka are taking this approach to things:
    Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 7m
    Aidan McGeady's goal for Everton was a beauty. We're not allowed to show you so here's a graphic instead.

BvKrpGkIMAATyNC.png

Kess73 wrote: »
    If Rodgers got in Clyne, an attacking player (say Son or someone of that level), and maybe Romero (on loan or as a buy), then I would be a very happy camper.

Just looking at that seems he is available for less than £2m that really good give us good competition in the goalkeeping department.

5starpool wrote: »
    On a topical note (vine, etc, not LFC), Squawka are taking this approach to things:

I want to see Naismith one now :D

Think you are going to see a lot more of that on various sites :(

The EPL's legal team have been very busy this summer, and sites that are businesses in their own right will all have to comply or face having to line the coffers of the EPL

I still think that at some point we will see Vine do a revenue share type thing similar to what Youtube are doing, and that money coming in will see the EPL relax their stance towards Vine. Just speculation on my behalf of course, but makes sense to me for the EPL to go down that route at some point rather than to try and go for tighter restrictions.

Just looking at that seems he is available for less than £2m that really good give us good competition in the goalkeeping department.

For under £2m I would be happy to see him come in as an upgrade on Jones. I am not sure he would be anywhere near as good a keeper as Mignolet, but improving on the number two slot would be very welcome indeed.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think you are going to see a lot more of that on various sites :(

The EPL's legal team have been very busy this summer, and sites that are businesses in their own right will all have to comply or face having to line the coffers of the EPL

I still think that at some point we will see Vine do a revenue share type thing similar to what Youtube are doing, and that money coming in will see the EPL relax their stance towards Vine. Just speculation on my behalf of course, but makes sense to me for the EPL to go down that route at some point rather than to try and go for tighter restrictions.

They should really take a leaf out of the NFL's book, and nfl.com. They've a great system, even more so when you consider Game Pass.

If that existed for the PL, I'd buy it straight away.

Knex. wrote: »
    They should really take a leaf out of the NFL's book, and nfl.com. They've a great system, even more so when you consider Game Pass.

No arguement from me on that.

How does that system work?

How does that system work?

Every game is available to view and you pay a season pass say €120 for the sake of it and then you can watch any game you want.

There would be highlight shows. you can also watch the full match again if you missed it.

• Advertisement

Every game is available to view and you pay a season pass say €120 for the sake of it and then you can watch any game you want.

There would be highlight shows. you can also watch the full match again if you missed it.

Sounds cool enough.

Sky and BT would have something to say about that.

Is that every game for a specific team or just every game btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Doubt that would be as lucrative to the PL as the current tv rights. Otherwise they'd do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

A fan has just ran onto the pitch on the Spuds game and taken Eriksens free kick for him . Hilariously Eriksen puts his hands on his head as it sails over like as if it would have counted had it gone in . /Vine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would pay twice that happily for that service. If you are paying full price for sky and bt you ate looking at €56 per month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

A fan has just ran onto the pitch on the Spuds game and taken Eriksens free kick for him . Hilariously Eriksen puts his hands on his head as it sails over like as if it would have counted had it gone in . /Vine

Hows Mr Tayto playing i heard he came on for spuds earlier ;)

Sounds cool enough.

Sky and BT would have something to say about that.

Is that every game for a specific team or just every game btw?

It can be done either way.

If you lived in New Zealand that's how you watch the PL there. beIN sports offer a similar service in the middle east.

Sky and BT or the PL would never let that happen here though.

• Advertisement

It can be done either way.

If you lived in New Zealand that's how you watch the PL there. beIN sports offer a similar service in the middle east.

Sky and BT or the PL would never let that happen here though.

If it could be a pass for each team it would be good for the likes of Liverpool and Utd with the biggest fan bases. Not so much for lower teams

If it could be a pass for each team it would be good for the likes of Liverpool and Utd with the biggest fan bases. Not so much for lower teams

My mates that live in New Zealand pay about €130 give or take for a full season pass there. All 380 games are live so you just pick which one you want to watch.

That really is great value for money compared to what we have to pay over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/vine-west-ham-pitch-invader-takes-free-kick-and-hits-the-target-30513266.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

jammy spurs.

• Advertisement

Same as last season.

*Sighs*

Kelly starting against Arsenal.

Everton held by Leicester City at the Walkers King Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tex came on for brighton with about a half hour left when they were 1 down but the result remained the same. Two 1-0 losses for sami so far, early days yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gbear wrote: »
    They're a bunch of dinosaurs. They don't understand the internet.

If they had half a brain between them, once their contractual agreements for broadcasting replays (for MotD and all that) were completed they'd be trying to push people to watch videos on their site.

At least then they could get some add revenue, and I'd imagine it would be substantial if they were the busiest site in the world for watching football videos.

But it's never the businesses full of computer illiterate 50-somethings that think of these things.

you think not? i'm sure they understand it pretty well.

why do you think they're so bothered by streams, clips of goals, vines of a bird shíting in youngs mouth :pac: the internet is threatening to affect the coffers

cash is king, the TV deals are worth too much to them. £1bil per season for the UK alone ~60mil people, a fraction with subscription to even watch it.
    if they could be making more money they'd be making it, they're not idiots.

start offering content on the site & the value of TV deals will drop.
    & it's easier to access a geoblocked website than a satellite not covering your region

BT coming into it was great for them, they're even considering bring the next rights auction forward because of the competition between sky/bt. read this on DS: if(when) that ever starts to dry they'll just let another few fixtures slip off the 3pm slot to keep money coming ( perhaps even moving all 3pms in the uk) before moving towards online viewing for 360 matches for the UK

afaik those NFL passes mentioned are only for people outside the US, in the US you've can sign up to watch games not show on TV - from one of the TV companies. NFL has massive TV deals
    same as you can watch PL from another territory now online (vpn + a sub sat provider in the MENA region and watch all the sport you want)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Welcome to the revelation from 2 weeks ago.

Well I was on 2 weeks holidays from work that's what I wasn't able to trawl the forum for 8 hrs a day so I must have missed it :)

QPR lost.... I think Arry needs a £100k a week right back to join his gang.

NFL makes most of its money from terrestrial TV channels which makes a massive difference. The PL is doing its best to avoid the model where teams sell individual subscriptions.

Back by popular demand (and you're gettin' it whether you like it or not anyway)

j-arthur-rank-gong.jpg

LOAN WATCH

Divock. Origi - Lille full game and goal in 0-1 win
    João Carlos Teixeira - Brighton & Hove Albion last 25 mins in 0-1 defeat
    Brad Smith - injured
    Andre Wisdom - WBA full game 2-2

and that's it. Three loanees leagues have yet to start. You can sure several players will be off in the next 2 weeks.

eh yeah
    Markey @baggieboy4life · 35m
    "@blundellwba: Seb Poco was awesome andre wisdom was dog poo no pace he wont have a look in when gamboa is inExpand

The Baggies' Way @TheBaggiesWay · 39m
    Highlight for me was the performance of Andre Wisdom. Looked solid and composed on his debut #wba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Moreno deal just confirmed

• Advertisement

^^

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/168868-liverpool-complete-moreno-transfer
    2737__0680__1000d_517X310.jpg

Liverpool FC have today completed the signing of Spanish international defender Alberto Moreno from Sevilla.

The 22-year-old sealed the formalities of his switch at Melwood, having undergone a medical, and becomes Brendan Rodgers' eighth new recruit of the summer.

An athletic, talented left-back, Moreno won the Europa League with his former club last season and helped the La Liga side to a fifth-place finish.

He has made three senior appearances for Spain and narrowly missed out on a place in their squad for the World Cup in Brazil.

Upon finalising his transfer, Moreno told Liverpoolfc.com: "In my view, Liverpool are the best club in England and I couldn't waste an opportunity to come and play for them.

"I spoke with Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina and Alvaro Arbeloa and they told me this is a spectacular club whose fans follow it in a very special way.

"They all told me I can grow a lot here as a footballer as this is a massive club. I'm very happy to be joining a club as big as Liverpool. I hope to give my best and do all I can to help."

The Spaniard was not registered in time to be eligible for Sunday's Barclays Premier League opener against Southampton, but becomes available thereafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Took kuyts old number 18 shirt.

Officially official:

1520__3655__1000i_513X307.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Vineception.

I like it.

Not sure why, but got a chuckle out of that one, good job!

My mates that live in New Zealand pay about €130 give or take for a full season pass there. All 380 games are live so you just pick which one you want to watch.

That really is great value for money compared to what we have to pay over here.

At the moment I'm paying:

€118 - Sky - Full Package all channels, sky broadband and phonline
    €20 - Setanta Pack (ESPN/Setanta/BT)
    €7 - Netflix

That's €145 per month. If I want to watch a fookin vine of a goal I should be allowed - nanny state is really creeping in. Thinking about cancelling them all and going down the illegal road..what incentive is there for me otherwise?

I mean, a fooking mspaint diagram showing a goal? C'mon!!

Chilling eating a bunsen burger and reading the United Thread - welcome back (real) Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

At the moment I'm paying:

€118 - Sky - Full Package all channels, sky broadband and phonline
    €20 - Setanta Pack (ESPN/Setanta/BT)
    €7 - Netflix

That's €145 per month. If I want to watch a fookin vine of a goal I should be allowed - nanny state is really creeping in. Thinking about cancelling them all and going down the illegal road..what incentive is there for me otherwise?

Cancelling them all? Good luck watching matches online without broadband ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Chilling eating a bunsen burger and reading the United Thread - welcome back (real) Saturdays.

Any good? Been meaning to get up there but have to go past Jo Burger to do so and I never manage to avoid heading in there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not saying anything. But we need a real good result after today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement