Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Cancelling them all? Good luck watching matches online without broadband ;)

Got a new job, so I can expense UPC BB as part of that...cheaper and faster :cool:

Any good? Been meaning to get up there but have to go past Jo Burger to do so and I never manage to avoid heading in there instead.

I love a burger. I live in the city. This is the best burger in the city, hands down. Double cheeseburger with no onions, shoestring fries, and a choco shake..welcome to heaven my friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

At the moment I'm paying:

€118 - Sky - Full Package all channels, sky broadband and phonline
    €20 - Setanta Pack (ESPN/Setanta/BT)
    €7 - Netflix

That's €145 per month. If I want to watch a fookin vine of a goal I should be allowed - nanny state is really creeping in. Thinking about cancelling them all and going down the illegal road..what incentive is there for me otherwise?

Maybe nanny state but for me it's more huge corporations paying fortunes for rights and wanting to get bang for their buck.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The point I was trying to make is that whilst I watch vines, I also pay my bills to watch the legit stuff. Ergo, not everyone who watches vines is cheating the league out of their money. I was free to make decisions, made them, and they got their money. Now I'm having decisions taken away from me, so I may aswell withdraw my funding.

Reminds me of a report I saw the other day - since Weed was legalised in Colorado, use among teenagers has actually gone down..medics and law are baffled.

Just because there's a Zeitgeist or Perception around something, doesn't mean it's actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I could kill for a burger now someone's mentioned it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Kelly was to maim Alexis Sanchez on his debut?

I could kill for a burger now someone's mentioned it :(

Why kill for a burger when you can just buy one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Why kill for a burger when you can just buy one?!

Fresh meat tastes good :cool: :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

huey1975 wrote: »

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kelly played well for a guy who hasn't started a premier league game in over a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

huey1975 wrote: »

Yeah. Gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Two injury time winners for Arsenal and Spurs taking the shine off the day slightly. Ah well on to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Two injury time winners for Arsenal and Spurs taking the shine off the day slightly. Ah well on to tomorrow.

Its still a great day for liverpool. Im not convinced spurs or everton are major threats, so as long as we finish above Utd, we'll be in the top four imo. Anything better than 4th will be a bonus for me this season, as it was last season.

Also, I didnt watch Spurs, but Arsenals win was a far from convincing performance. It sounds like spurs werent too dominant either. If we get three points tomorrow it will have been excellent opening weekend, even better if one of chelsea or city drop points, though it seems highly unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First Interview.

First Day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Lads, have any of you stayed in the Days Inn hotel on James St in Liverpool? Heading over next month and was going to book the apartments I used to use for matches but they've closed down, all the online reviews seem good and seems to be a central location.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just deleted a few posts discussing VPNs and work arounds for region locked content. That kind of stuff is off limits for discussion I'm afraid. This is completely separate from the vines/gifs stuff and is a rule across the whole boards.ie site so it's not up for debate either.

I do hope the team goes out tomorrow and does a clinical job, they are well capable of scoring a few and not letting in as many.

3 - 1 or 3 - 0 sort of scoreline would be great, scrappy 1 - 0 would be fine for 3 points too of course.

It would be a great start to see Sterling and Coutinho playing to their ability and supplying an in form Sturridge.

Mignolet..... Gerrard......... Henderson....... Sterling........ Coutinho....... Sturridge are now (some more than others of course) established and experienced, that's 6 from a stating 11, Lovren slots straight in with presumably Škrtel alongside.

No real weaknesses in that 8 to allow Southampton much hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Who'll start at LB/RB tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think it will be Johnson/Manquillo.

Enrique/Johnson would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Enrique/Johnson would be my guess.

Live score have the team down as Manquillo/Johnson - not sure if that's the actual team though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm slightly worried about Pelle tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I'm slightly worried about Pelle tomorrow.

Don't be. You're thinking of Pelé. Two completely different players.

The Times and others are running with Falcao tomorrow

edit that - I may have been whooshed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

The Times and others are running with Falcao tomorrow

edit that - I may have been whooshed

Just think of it tho....If we stuck Falcao into that team.......Our Year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Match of the Day. How I've missed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Just think of it tho....If we stuck Falcao into that team.......Our Year!

Is it just me that would prefer Cavani on a permanent position rather than Falcao on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Pique wrote: »
    Is it just me that would prefer Cavani on a permanent position rather than Falcao on loan?

Why not both? We can afford it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Get Reus too. And bring back Suarez while we're at it.

• Advertisement

Zlatan was injured today not sure how bad but that may have an affect on Cavani staying or going if its a bad injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Zlatan was injured today not sure how bad but that may have an affect on Cavani staying or going if its a bad injury.

Did you see Thiago Motta getting a headbutt in the tunnel at half time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    Not saying anything. But we need a real good result after today :)

I made an unholy prick of myself on Facebook today so if we don't win tomorrow I'm doomed heh heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

kfallon wrote: »

That was a bit mad alright. Was there fighting in one of the other games too?

It was crazy.

https://vine.co/v/M3KU16KgnvZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Considering the ban that Suarez got, it'll be very interesting to see the punishment Brandao gets. Nobody will convince me a bite is worse than that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

monkey9 wrote: »
    Considering the ban that Suarez got, it'll be very interesting to see the punishment Brandao gets. Nobody will convince me a bite is worse than that.

Not sure. A bite is more cowardly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not sure. A bite is more cowardly

Cowardly? Did you not see the man legging it as soon as he hit the guy?

EDIT - beter viewed here, in fairness.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers wrote:
    I’d like to bring another striker in before the window closes. Someone with experience who could go into the team straight away. Not necessarily someone for the future, someone who could make an impact now

Delighted with this quote, particularly still mentioning someone with experience who is straight into the first team. A huge part of our season rests on this transfer IMO.

I think Sami Hyypia is in for a long season or rather a very short one, some people better clued up on Leverkusen than me pointed out how once he took sole charge the team went downhill, well the natives are restless on the south coast (though he seems to have a poor squad to work with and no money - I'd not be shocked if one or two more didn't follow Tex down)

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?307070-Hyypia-you-don-t-know-what-you-re-doing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Delighted with this quote, particularly still mentioning someone with experience who is straight into the first team. A huge part of our season rests on this transfer IMO.

Who would you call a success if we were to get him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I heard in Germany that Sami was too soft as a manager so will be hard for me in the long run I think. Maybe as a defensive coach he can make it but as a manager it will be hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just see MOTD, lot of teams look hungry this year!

Spurs did'nt look that great either did utd, both will have to make major sinings in the next couple of weeks to push for 4th IMO.
    Moses has gone to Stoke which is a pity it would have been nice for him to stay at Chelsea for the year!
    Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Not too pushed on Falcao or Cavani, if pushed i'd take Cavani but who else is out there that we could get that would be in the same bracket as those?

Predicting lineups for tomorrow..

Pelle and Long only 2 fit senior strikers..which leads me to think 1 up front with tudic behind. So I defo reckon southampton will go 4-5-1, and a 4-4-1-1 in possession.

Koeman favours 3-5-2 but Southampton don't appear to have the personnel.

Taking all this into account, this rules us out of using a 3-5-2. Using it against 1 striker is a disaster. Remember Pulis changed his shape just before kickoff at Anfield when they beat us a couple of years ago? They went one up top and dominated.

That means I can see us going with a narrow 4-3-3, sterling and couthinho cutting in, and Manquillo/Johnson providing the width from fullback.

Pretty confident we can dominate tomorrow and I'm going for 3-0 to us, loving our new defensive unit.

Predicted line up, which I think picks itself, despite our newly acquired depth.

LFC: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge.

My balls out prediction for the season is that we will take at least 30% off our goals conceded, and am backing us to concede 35 goals or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So that's what a vine is. Here was me thinking it was something to do with all the Panda nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    Match of the Day. How I've missed you.

I wouldn't be too bothered now watching motd unless Liverpool was in the lineup:) Over the years now, I find myself preferring Goals on Sunday for watching the highlights.

I'll watch it tomorrow though, that's if Liverpool avoid defeat.

Not even this season which is why I like the transfer strategy, this is looking at the next 4-5 years. All going well, we could be set for attacking talent for a season or two, and concentrate elsewhere in the team/squad.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm full of poteen & weed predictions tonight..our striker signing will be Cavani. He knows how good it is to play at LFC from talking with Luis. It's common knowledge that when Suarez arrived at LFC, he was telling everyone that he can't wait to move to Spain..his wife was there, it was his dream I don't begrudge him at all, footballers are human. I work for an amazing company, but there is one of our direct rivals, who are smaller, and if they offered me a job I'd be gone in the morning.

Cavani's agent has said recently that his next move is more about football than money. The Uruguyans are a passionate bunch (cliché alert), and he's obviously not satisfied by money alone. I really feel we're destined to sign him, he'd fit into our play magnificently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

K-9 wrote: »
    Not even this season which is why I like the transfer strategy, this is looking at the next 4-5 years. All going well, we could be set for attacking talent for a season or two, and concentrate elsewhere in the team/squad.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a striker available who is young-ish, has experience in a top league and is affordable. Although I don't rate Eto'o too highly, he has loads of experience, was decent enough at Chelsea and is free. The likes of Falcao, Cavani etc. are highly unlikely to happen and a younger, cheaper alternative isn't really what we need.

Well that's why Rodgers and the transfer committee are on the big bucks. It wouldn't ruin the transfer window for me, I'm sure the club has a good few targets that they want, but sometimes it just doesn't come to pass. Eto would do but that's about it for me, he'd do. Hopefully they can pull something off, a good start to the season will help!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement