Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fizman wrote: »
    I see Markovic is back and available for the city game.

Any news on Lallana being available?

End of September i read somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Vicxas wrote: »
    End of September i read somewhere

Really? Wasn't he back training a few days ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I mentioned it earlier, but I believe the 2 DMs where prep for the City game. Also, first game of the year and make things a bit more controlled rather than full on attack.

Might well be, but if you are going to play two DMs then they need to be able to provide some solidity in front of the back four. Lucas and Gerrard as a pairing are not going to provide that.

It was horribly one paced with both of them there. Gerrard at least brought other aspects of his game into play, namely some nice passes and the like, but Lucas offered nothing at all going forward and nothing at all by way of a physical presence or defensive cover. Actually felt sorry for him because he looked out of his depth yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I mentioned it earlier, but I believe the 2 DMs where prep for the City game. Also, first game of the year and make things a bit more controlled rather than full on attack.

I hope that's not the case.

With a combo of Hendo and Lallana/Allen/Can ahead of Gerrard we shouldn't need to play like that, thankfully.

Ideally for a big away match I would prob have Hendo, Lallana, Allen all playing ahead of Gerrard, obviously Lallana playing a bit more advanced and droping back when need be. The energy in that team would be amazing, especially with Raheem turning into a little warrior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah he is back in training although I don't think it is full training yet.

Think Rodgers said something about how he hoped that Lallana was a few couple of games away from being in contention for a match day spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I wouldn't fancy Gerrad and Lucas against the city trio to be honest! The athleticism of Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho could blow them away!

I'd prefer Gerrard in front of the back 4 with Allen and Henderson just in front of him! Most of the problems yesterday came from us not being able to hold possession and I'd prefer Allen to Can in that regard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lucas and Gerrard are just not mobile enough to play beside each other anymore. Henderson had to do the running and closing down for all three of them yesterday until Allen came on to give him some help. And to make it worse the one thing Lucas should still be able to do is track runners and he didn't even do that when Clyne ran right past him into the area. That combo should never be seen again especially once Can and Lallana are both available.

That was Markovic,

Although I could be wrong, but sites are still reporting the 20th of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vicxas wrote: »
    That was Markovic,

Although I could be wrong, but sites are still reporting the 20th of September.

Lallana is back in light training. I'd say it's still a few weeks off before he is fully fit.

1408020254552_wps_6_LFC_players_are_seen_trai.jpg

Talk of Atletico being after Agger. Lets just do a straight sway for Toby!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If Agger goes surely we don't want another CB, we are stocked at the moment with Toure staying also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That photo was posted either Sat morning or Friday evening so he might not be too far off from returning.

rob316 wrote: »
    If Agger goes surely we don't want another CB, we are stocked at the moment with Toure staying also.

Yea but Toby would start RB or CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

@Sivertsen38, followed by @LFC, is stating he's on the same flight as Ian Ayre - Manchester to Amsterdam.

Bakkali? Eto'o?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Sappy404 wrote: »
    @Sivertsen38, followed by @LFC, is stating he's on the same flight as Ian Ayre - Manchester to Amsterdam.

Bakkali? Eto'o?

Fischer?

Bakkali? Eto'o?

Viktor Fischer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bakkali? Eto'o?

Must be that fella, Gan Ja...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lallana is back in light training. I'd say it's still a few weeks off before he is fully fit.

1408020254552_wps_6_LFC_players_are_seen_trai.jpg
    Earlier on in the month (I think it was Aug 7th/8th) Rodgers said they were going to take their time in bringing Lallana into the team and he wasn't expected to be available for the first team for six weeks. He was asked if that meant he'd be available for the West Ham game (Sep 20th) and he responded saying he definitely expected him to be back for Everton (Sat 27th). So we can probably expect him to be on the bench for the West Ham game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bakkali? Eto'o?

Bubba Kush.

• Advertisement

Bakkali? Eto'o?
    Daley Blind just to piss off the other lot.

Talisman wrote: »
    Daley Blind just to piss off the other lot.

Twould be mad crack, sign up Vidal and Di Maria while we are it too for the laugh, they wouldn't be bad additions to the team either :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Brendaõ wrote: »
    Can't tell if sarcasm, or... :o

I know my profile must seem like a pisstake, but I'm a big Rodgers fan, the sig is just to be funny and the 'playing with 11 men' is just classic innuendo :P
    *Brendão.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ilori gone on loan to Bordeaux http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169152-reds-confirm-ilori-loan-deal.
    Hopefully he can get alot of games . Bordeaux have started the season very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

*Brendão.

Really? That's just embarrassing. :o

In my defence I Googled around and Brendaõ came up more often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ilori gone on loan to Bordeaux http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169152-reds-confirm-ilori-loan-deal.
    Hopefully he can get alot of games . Bordeaux have started the season very well.

Did'nt they just slay Monaco 4-1, Monaco that have Falcao? Its all linked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Lads any place I can watch last nights match of the day?

joe123 wrote: »
    Lads any place I can watch last nights match of the day?

Sorry Joe, I have visitors over tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I reckon Ayre is either carrying a suitcase of cash which Ajax are owed from the Suarez sale or he is off to watch PSV play Shakhtyor in the EL play off and is going to sign Memphis Depay afterwards.

Or maybe he's selling someone....Assaidi out to PSV in cash/player deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

gafferino wrote: »
    So who is still banned? Agueerrroooooooooooo?

Nuri is gone. Opr is gone. Leiva is gone. Mike is gone.

You lads know nothing about you're own comrades :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That's true. We just don't have your dedication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sorry Joe, I have visitors over tonight.

Busy on the sofa rarnes1 :P

That's true. We just don't have your dedication.

Doesn't take dedication. Some things just stick out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fallen comrades but their ghosts lives on.
    All here in spirit although one is a well known spook!

YNWA

Who was banned? What did I miss

Monday night football tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Costa plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Monday night football tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Costa plays

He's gonna take the PL by storm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kfallon wrote: »
    He's gonna take the PL by storm!
    Out of their striker transfers he's probably the most tee'd up to flop.....but probably won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Luis in a Barca shirt :(

Come home Luis, please just come home and we'll never speak of this incident again.....

Fallen comrades but their ghosts lives on.
    All here in spirit although one is a well known spook!

YNWA

And another was another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is Aguerrooooo permabanned?

Not allowed talk about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dont-mention-the-war.gif

Hey you :)

Knex. wrote: »
    dont-mention-the-war.gif

fawlty-towers-tree-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Basil attacking his car is brilliant

Lol Di Maria to united more chance of us signing Falcao.

I hate this transfer stuff but can't help get caught up in it. Get that striker in this week and we can all relax.

Basil attacking his car is brilliant

I think that might my favorite moment from the whole series. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

kfallon wrote: »
    Luis in a Barca shirt :(

Come home Luis, please just come home and we'll never speak of this incident again.....

On the bench, messi scores after 3 mins, against a team from Mexico, called LFC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

D'Agger wrote: »
    Out of their striker transfers he's probably the most tee'd up to flop.....but probably won't

It depends on the definition of a flop, but I don't think Costa will flop completely.

He's just a really excellent all round player that is pretty horrible for defenders to play against. He doesn't need to be scoring to be playing well, so I think he'll always have something to offer. He's a bully. He's really like Drogba imo. When he's on fire he's pretty unstoppable because he has so much power.

However, I'm not sure he's a natural finisher. He's not a player that when chance falls to him I immediately think 'goal'.

I think it's likely enough that he'll finish on less than 20 league goals, maybe less than 25 overall. Some might see that as a flop for his transfer value.

But in today's market he wasn't all that expensive, and I still see him as a huge huge upgrade on Chelsea's options last year, and I can see him being a very important player for Chelsea.

This guy could do a job for us, Mattia Destro, he scored 13 goals in 20 league appearances for Roma last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If we're going to sign a striker this week, realistically who's it going to be do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement