Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

No Canos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Does anyone think the Remy deal could be resurrected on a "pay as you play" basis both in terms of wages to the player and a transfer fee to QPR? How many years does he have left on his contract with QPR? If there's only a year left a pay as you play deal from LFC might be the best opportunity he'll ever get from a big club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No Canos?

Probably cos Yesil will definitely get a run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

BenThere wrote: »
    Does anyone think the Remy deal could be resurrected on a "pay as you play" basis both in terms of wages to the player and a transfer fee to QPR? How many years does he have left on his contract with QPR? If there's only a year left a pay as you play deal from LFC might be the best opportunity he'll ever get from a big club.

The whole episode seems very strange to me. There has never been any confirmed reasons for the collapse. Failed medical/agent interference/failed drugs test are the rumours I've seen.

Probably cos Yesil will definitely get a run out.

I don't know if it was you, but someone here has Posted about Mclaughlin's Loan. So why is he still here playing with us?

I don't know if it was you, but someone here has Posted about Mclaughlin's Loan. So why is he still here playing with us?

Not me, and as far as I can see he has no loan (yet). I always laugh when the LFCTV commentator says nothing as LFC do something badly. He's a real cheerleader! :)

Jesus, this is such a Bad Half.

It's like, we fielded 11 Strangers. Couldn't string a few Pass together, no Fluidity whatsoever.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The whole thing smells off to me. I don't for a second think he failed the actual medical, I think there is something else behind the scenes.

When Ojo is our Best Player in the 1st Half, you know we got a Problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Teixeira just scored for Brighton in his first game! Wonder what the lads on there forum are saying now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

ASOT wrote: »
    Teixeira just scored for Brighton on his first game for Brighton! Wonder what the lads ont here forum are saying now....
    HUH??

Love Teixeira.

Think he will have a super season, and be involved with the 1st team next season or sold on for a nice profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did I miss something about people slagging off Teixeira?

I think what he meant to say was that he would love to see what people on their (Brighton) forums are saying about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

No, just some Brighton fans who didn't know who he was.

I'm referencing this:
    The kids are playing Utecht leading 1-0 through Sergi Canos

Fulton, Brannagan, Brewitt, Canos, Cleary, Ejaria, Maguire, Ojo, Rossiter, Sinclair and Virtue-Thick

Seagulls are less than whelmed by Teixeia signing but they are speaking from a position of utter ignorance of course

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?306952-Joao-Carlos-Teixara-in-on-loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think ASOT meant that he was wondering what the Brighton fans were saying about Tex on their own forums, not what others here would say.

That said, I think his mother is a hamster, and his father smells of elderberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah whoops my bad i basically misspelled everything in my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

brevity wrote: »
    The whole thing smells off to me. I don't for a second think he failed the actual medical, I think there is something else behind the scenes.

Exactly, Newcastle or the likes would have jumped in by now if something wasn't up.

Impressed by Stewart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

spockety wrote: »
    I think that may have been last season...

That's just like, your opinion man. Gerrard starts when fit endof. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

redzerdrog wrote: »
    But but but we don't need a striker :confused:

We don't need a centre half but if Thiago Silva was available then you go for him.

Mclaughlin. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Kess73 wrote: »
    Still think that one from Higuain or Walcott is the target now, with Eto'o as the fall back.

My own preferences are at Bayer and Dortmund though.

wouldnt touch Higuain, isn't he very slow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Higuian just buried one for Napoli. Drawing 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mada999 wrote: »
    wouldnt touch Higuain, isn't he very slow ?

Yup, looks like he dropped a number 2 running around the pitch.
    Also we need to find someone who can play with and around sturridge. Higuain while decent would force sturridge wide. He doesn't offer enough IMO to justify that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Just because a player isn't lightening quick like Sterling doesn't mean they are slow and won't suit us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

billy2012 wrote: »
    Just because a player isn't lightening quick like Sterling doesn't mean they are slow and won't suit us.

Of course, we don't need lightning speed but Higuain is the other extreme, he's not very mobile at all.

I think he would get in the way of our front two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

garra wrote: »
    That's just like, your opinion man. Gerrard starts when fit endof. ;)

Sorry Brendaõ.... :D

If Stevie is off kilter he should be dropped like any other player who is playing the same....

He does provide the backbone the youngsters need though with his presence alone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Teixeira nearly drew a penalty there. Having a decent game by all accounts.

edit - Brighton score from the free he won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

No, just some Brighton fans who didn't know who he was.

I'm referencing this:
    They've changed their tune now he's actually playing. Hope he keeps it up.
    I am at the game and he looked a class act in the first half as did Holla. Let's hope it continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

If Napoli overcome Athletic Club in the second leg what would people think of making a move for Iker Muniain ? He seemed to have gone off the boil 2 seasons ago but was a lot better last season. I know he is more of a wing forward but he mightn't be a bad option to have. I know we are fairly well stocked in the wing forward role , can/has he played up front on his own before?

Similarly if Napoli were to get knocked out I'd be all for going for Higuain - the guy has an insane scoring record . Yes he's not the paciest player but he's not slow as sh*t either and he is a fantastic finisher . The rate at which we create chances I think he would be a massive success here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Higuain is not slow at all actually pretty quick. Im not his biggest fan but he is a brillant finisher but doesn't do anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

MD1990 wrote: »
    Higuain is not slow at all actually pretty quick. Im not his biggest fan but he is a brillant finisher but doesn't do anything else.

He's not as quick as he used to be. He'd beat Lambert and Gerrard in a foot race for sure but I would wager he wouldn't beat many other Liverpool players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Just saw there that John Arne Riise is still without a club after leaving Fulham. He says Villa are looking at him. Think he'd do a job...

...at a Championship side. :D He's one of those players I liked to see do extra well, especially after he left the club. Always struck me as one of the foreigners who 'got' the club and the fans and the history.

Hoki wrote: »
    If Napoli overcome Athletic Club in the second leg what would people think of making a move for Iker Muniain ? He seemed to have gone off the boil 2 seasons ago but was a lot better last season. I know he is more of a wing forward but he mightn't be a bad option to have. I know we are fairly well stocked in the wing forward role , can/has he played up front on his own before?

Similarly if Napoli were to get knocked out I'd be all for going for Higuain - the guy has an insane scoring record . Yes he's not the paciest player but he's not slow as sh*t either and he is a fantastic finisher . The rate at which we create chances I think he would be a massive success here.

Are people from the qualifying rounds eligible to play for other teams in the group stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

5starpool wrote: »
    Are people from the qualifying rounds eligible to play for other teams in the group stages?

Probably not actually , still though - plenty of other games to be played before the end of the season . We could be out of the champions league after 6 matches!

Hoki wrote: »
    Probably not actually , still though - plenty of other games to be played before the end of the season . We could be out of the champions league after 6 matches!

How dare you! 13 games in the CL this season for us, nothing less is acceptable.

LOAN WATCH

Brad Smith (Swindon), full game in 2-2 away draw (playing as a number 10!)

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Brighton), goal and won free kick which from which the other goal was scored 0-2 win away to Leeds

BvbfwQuCIAAVQ2i.jpg

BvbdUbkIMAAzNYZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Brendaõ wrote: »
    Just saw there that John Arne Riise is still without a club after leaving Fulham. He says Villa are looking at him. Think he'd do a job...

...at a Championship side. :D He's one of those players I liked to see do extra well, especially after he left the club. Always struck me as one of the foreigners who 'got' the club and the fans and the history.

Most of Norway "gets" the club.

ush wrote: »
    Most of Norway "gets" the club.

Most of Norway has season tickets. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ibe to bolton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Boom.....Falcao was just a smokescreen :pac:

https://vine.co/v/M3EHL6Jl1gD

What happened between Arbeloa and Casilias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Its hard to see this chase for a striker ending up well when theyre predicting it will go down to deadline. With our negotiating skills I really dont see how we will be competent enough to close a deal for a big striker before then and instantly convince him to join. Samuel Etoo will go for the best offer available and at the moment Ajax have an offer on the table for him which he is still deciding whether to take. All in All as it is all a big rush and becoming a bit desperate as the options are limited in the market and I can honestly see this turning into another Clint Dempsey situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-lazar-markovic-not-7640804

“I believe in myself and in the luck that’s following me. I believe in the people in charge of my career. That is why I go with my dreams.

“I’m not the most expensive signing of the summer but even if I were I wouldn’t care much about that.

“I’ve never thought about anything in relation to money. I’ve never cared about or done anything for money in my personal or my professional life.

“What does it even mean to be more expensive than others? It absolutely doesn’t matter. The pitch, not the money, is the measure of everyone’s worth in football.

“I believe Liverpool fans expect a lot from me, and to be honest I expect a lot from myself. The same applies for the people who worked hard to bring me here.

“I do not have any fear or stage fright whatsoever. To tell you the truth, I can’t wait to start playing for Liverpool.”

Markovic better have one hell of a debut after that kinda talk :)

Re Jordon Ibe to Bolton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-winger-jordon-ibe-join-4076009

They already look like a side in some bother - 1 point in 3 games but its defenders they really need - 7 goals conceded.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse, the Falcao rumours or the people believing it

Yep, total garbage imo, no truth to it.
    Sturridge is the main man up front now, Liverpool won't be buying a striker better than him (despite many fans hoping they do), and to be fair Sturridge is quite likely as good as it gets for a non super rich English premiership team.

I have no idea who Liverpool will buy but I think they will be of the ilk (impact wise) of a Lambert, Remy, Benteke.

Let's not forget all going well Lallana will chip in with quite a few along with Gerrard and Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What happened between Arbeloa and Casilias?

Saw something the other day that said they fell out when Mourinho dropped Casillas.

Edit: Dail Fail article that mentions a retweet gone awry between the two also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Laois Rose is going to win the Rose of Tralee. To make this relevant to LFC, Sterling is god.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement