Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

This would be my team starting against Southampton if I could bring in a few more players.

Mignolet

Clyne---Lovren---Sakho---Moreno

Gerrard

Can
    Henderson

Coutinho

Sterling---Sturridge

Bench; Lambert, Markovic, Ibe, Allen, Lucas, Flanagan, Skrtel and A keeper.

Lallana not counted because of injury.

I see a need for two full backs the ones I would be happy with are named above and a back up keeper.

We also need a striker but thats the major signing we all want different people but my choice is Jackson Martinez.
    Very good team. Like the idea of Sterling up front too. I also think we will still see the 4-4-2 diamond used alot also. I think we will get Martinez. Porto are known for getting huge money for here players & we don't like overpaying what we value a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton now have a bigger net spend than Liverpool so far this Summer following the Lukaku deal.

For any net spend fans out there.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

And another one down.

We'll hardly be able to justify a match thread between the two or three LFC fans left by the Southampton game.

And even then, they'll just be ex southampton fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Match threads for Southampton will be something like this with all the absences

1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Everton now have a bigger net spend than Liverpool so far this Summer following the Lukaku deal.

For any net spend fans out there.:D

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I like a bit of net spend me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

It's a bit mad the way lads keep disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Beidh mo lá teacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Feels like Southhampton round 'ere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only a couple of days until the new soccer forum season as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

That will mean we will need to concede far less. We conceded 50 goals. We have to bring that down by at least 20-25 goals. So far definsively we've only signed Lovren. Is he going to plug 25 goals on his own. I don't think so. I don't believe signing Schneiderlin if we pursue him will help in that regard either.

Hopefully Enrique will come back in and shore the defense up as well. He's not great getting forward with crosses etc, but he is decent at the back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Gonna do a raffle for the Panda Saps Club who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho and even Hendo although not an attacking midfielder, the chances they create are greater than any other team combined in my opinion.

Take into consideration how young they are and the experience they have then yes, I can't see any other team having a better unit in attacking midfield.

Silva/Toure/Navas/Nasri - Toure and Silva fair enough, wouldn't be as happy if Nasri and Navas took any of our attacking midfielders position.

Ozil/Ox/Cazorla/Ramsey - none of these players are better than what he have, Ozil just can't adapt to the English game as of yet. Ramsey will be injured more than he was last season this year by the looks of things. Carzola is only a free kick taker at the majority of times.

or Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Fabregas? - Willian, really? If anyone Schurrle? Hazard is one of, if not the best attacking midfielder in the league but the other 2 can be hit and miss.

There is just to much wrong to even debate all of this, complete red tinted glasses.

I don't think Liverpool will struggle as much as people think but your opinion on others clubs and players is a mile off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beasty wrote: »
    If you wish to discuss modding matters PM the mods. Dispute threads are not up for discussion, and the mention of them here is not acceptable

Mod Post: Folks it was made very clear by the above post as to what would be a no go in the soccer forum. People trying to use the soccer forum to discuss sitebans that were applied by the owner of the site are only going to get themselves carded needlessly.

Lets try to keep this thread somewhat on topic, and not get bogged down with earning avoidable bans and cards right at the death of the forum season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Beidh mo lá teacht.

¿Hablas inglés?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Soups123 wrote: »
    There is just to much wrong to even debate all of this, complete red tinted glasses.

I don't think Liverpool will struggle as much as people think but your opinion on others clubs and players is a mile off

I would also be of the thinking that Liverpool will not struggle this season, but I do think it will be much tighter at the top, and that a team will not have to be struggling in order to find itself outside the top four.

Could well be a very exciting/tense season if it does turn out to be as close as many think it will be.

ush wrote: »
    ¿Hablas inglés?

Up the RA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would be very unusually for Liverpool to sign a top level star though. Not saying that I would not like for it to happen, but it is something that the club has rarely done.

If we look at the players who became or look to be becoming our bigger names of the past decade or so

Torres
    Suarez
    Mascherano
    Alonso
    Hyypia
    Konchesky
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Reina
    Hamann

And we get lists of players who were seen as having the potential to be very good, or who had stagnated elsewhere.

We never really were a club that went out and bought players who were established as being one of the best in Europe. Even when we brought in club legends like Kenny, Hansen, Souness, and Barnes we were buying players on the up rather than players who were at the peak of their powers.

Plus although we are without doubt a big club, we are also one that has not been a CL regular for a number of years and many players may view us as being a once in a blue moon CL team. We may all, as supporters, point to things like 2005, but that was 9 years ago and to a young player, especially one from outside of England, that is a long time ago.

Very true . Liverpool turned most of these players into stars .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lol at the casual inclusion of Konchesky in that list.

bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Augmerson wrote: »
    Gonna do a raffle for the Panda Saps Club who's in?

I'm always in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What time is the match on tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

12:10 am

What time is the match on tonight lads.

12am I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

If anyone needs a good cry then Premier League Years 13/14 is on Sky now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Just saw this on another forum, not specifically Liverpool related but amazing none the less
    Altidore > Messi & Ronaldo

ATQH679.png

kfallon wrote: »
    If anyone needs a good cry then Premier League Years 13/14 is on Sky now :(

It was a great season IMO. I loved it after the previous four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just saw this on another forum, not specifically Liverpool related but amazing none the less
    Altidore > Messi & Ronaldo

ATQH679.png

:-/

It was a great season IMO. I loved it after the previous four years.

Yeah but the end of it was :(
    And seeing Luis in a Liverpool shirt again too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Look on the bright side, every ten minutes we get to see Man United get hammered! Just after showing the Chelsea game now! :D

• Advertisement

It'll be a few years before we have as good a season.

It'll be a few years before we have as good a season.

Probably but the fact we had the league in our hands with 3 games to go and didn't win it will cause very mixed emotions for us all until we win the league again.

So basically we'll be saying 'what if' til May 2015 :pac:

Oh sweet lord above let this be true.
    Liverpool have failed to agree a fee of £10m with Chelsea for Ryan Bertrand. #LFC bid £8m. The left-back could join Southampton on loan.

Liverpool have refused to meet Chelsea's increased valuation of Ryan Bertrand, and will look elsewhere for a left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I'm sure it's been discussed but would you take a punt on Torres, or is he just past it

I'm sure it's been discussed but would you take a punt on Torres, or is he just past it

Not a chance, guy is a shadow of his former self. I'd rather resign Fowler tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I still haven't forgiven him for how he left the club and the interview he give after (bitter and childish I know).

But for pure football reasons he's lost what he had with us and will never be a top level player again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

It amazes me how the Torres question always pops up now and again. How many bad seasons and well publicized easy chances does he have to waste before people put their sentimentality aside.
    In the end after losing Torres and gaining Carrol i consider us lucky to have been up 15 million from the deal. Had we held onto him we could have ended up much worse off and he would be our past his peak overpaid striker rather then Chelsea's past his peak overpaid striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest, at a low cost, and low wages, i'd still take a chance on him. Nothing compared to what he was of course, but with a bit of confidence he could still be a very good second or third choice option.

Physically he's lost a bit of pace which likely won't ever come back - but the right setting might be able to bring back his finishing ability. Again though, only worth a punt at the right price and contract.

If he were to come back i couldn't see it ending well. I mean sure with some confidence he might get some goals but he burned his bridges with a lot of the fans in the manner he left and they aren't going to give him much time if any at all. I can't imagine him being too confident when most of the stadium is booing him.

Big problem with Torres is not his finishing or his ability it would be his wages.
    He would be a squad player and would do a job id imagine but he would be on 150k a week when we have Ricky Lambert doing the same job for 60k a week im guessing.

He still has ability and id imagine in an ultra attacking team like ours he would score goals.
    Rafa built a team around him and look at the results. You dont lose that class overnight.
    Pity he turned into a prat after he left though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Probably but the fact we had the league in our hands with 3 games to go and didn't win it will cause very mixed emotions for us all until we win the league again.

So basically we'll be saying 'what if' til May 2015 :pac:

Pffffffft! Delusional nonsense :eek:
    It'll all be wrapped up in a nice little package by Christmas :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Rumours on rawk that konoplyanka cou ld be back on again that could be a decent signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gmol wrote: »
    Rumours on rawk that konoplyanka cou ld be back on again that could be a decent signing

Hope it's true. £16-£20 million would be perfect since in my opinion, he's worth double that in today's market. Electrifying pace, world-class dribbler and he knows where the back of the net is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is he not another attacking midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Konoplyanka has a 12.5m release clause its a no brainer imo. Everytime ive seen him he has been superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I read that, frankly it looks like some sort of silly wind up.

Torres? "Are you 'aving a laff?"

Finally - I'm happy to bet something entirely notional and unclaimable that Div Origi at 10 million (if all the T&Cs kick in) will turn out to be at least twice a good a deal as Everton have got by signing Lukaku.

Seems like were well stocked in the AM and Wing positions, would rather we focus on getting in another striker or some full backs.

As much as i admire Borini for his workrate and his will to stand and fight for his place i would be much happier with Remy up front than Borini. Alas that deal is dead though, so onto the next striker not named Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

£28M for Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

£28M for Lukaku.

Daylight robbery, Chelsea have done extremely well offloading lukaku and luiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Praise the old gods and the new

316546.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We probably bought him and then loaned him to the Saints.

Our version of Live Aid, for them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement