Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

XG55aKf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coutinho called up into Dunga's first Brazil squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Its hard to see this chase for a striker ending up well when theyre predicting it will go down to deadline. With our negotiating skills I really dont see how we will be competent enough to close a deal for a big striker before then and instantly convince him to join. Samuel Etoo will go for the best offer available and at the moment Ajax have an offer on the table for him which he is still deciding whether to take. All in All as it is all a big rush and becoming a bit desperate as the options are limited in the market and I can honestly see this turning into another Clint Dempsey situation

Sorry just wondering if you have experienced bad negotiations with LFC yourself?

Plenty of concluded deals this summer including getting a good price for Suarez, but people still think they cannot do deals because stuff falling through before and people assume it was Liverpool's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Hoki wrote: »
    If Napoli overcome Athletic Club in the second leg what would people think of making a move for Iker Muniain ? He seemed to have gone off the boil 2 seasons ago but was a lot better last season. I know he is more of a wing forward but he mightn't be a bad option to have. I know we are fairly well stocked in the wing forward role , can/has he played up front on his own before?

Similarly if Napoli were to get knocked out I'd be all for going for Higuain - the guy has an insane scoring record . Yes he's not the paciest player but he's not slow as sh*t either and he is a fantastic finisher . The rate at which we create chances I think he would be a massive success here.

Last season I got the impression Munian was falling under the weight of his own hype. Tonight is the first I've seen of him this season, and man tonight he looked good, he looked interested, and that the shackles were off. He had one move in the second half where he just ghosted past three players and swept a beautiful ball inswinging with the outside of his boot, across the 6iyard box and if they'd a decent striker it would have been finished.

If he was attainable for a reasonable fee, he'll prove his weight in gold I reckon.

Higuain proved his class with his goal. Excellent control to begin with, and a proper finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Coutinho called up into Dunga's first Brazil squad.

Should have been at the WC but also thankful he wasn't seeing as it ended in a horrendous national disgrace for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Higuain is not slow at all actually pretty quick. Im not his biggest fan but he is a brillant finisher but doesn't do anything else.

class finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Are you trying to be smart of something? Take your sarcasm elsewhere.

Let me rephrase that, its our blatently obvious lack of confidence and ruthlessness when it comes to trying to negotiate a deal for a big name player, I suppose a lack of ambition if you like, taking cheap options like loan deals etc. You dont see any of our rivals being so complacent when it comes to making game changing signings. Even Man Utd were able to convince Mata to join them before despite all their troubles. The point being I think were wasting our time with the likes of Falcao, Cavani etc, their not going to join us unless their demands are met which we are not going to do and these loan deals being touted around, i heard a 20 million loan fee for Falcao touted earlier which is ludicrous. Whats the problem just pay up a little extra for a permanent deal and thats that. Either were going to get a has been in Etoo or we will get no one at all just like the Dempsey situation a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't think this was posted.

fowler.jpg

I dont think it was either

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't think this was posted.

m4olF1F.jpg

(Not sure what happened to original post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I see Nani will be departing the PL for a season at least

As a tribute I'll post my favourite Nani moment

Gerrrard at 1.31 is priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Carragher could have seen red for it, it was a very poor challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So...we still haven't bought Falcao?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So...we still haven't bought Falcao?

We did.

We're just being really cool about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I see Nani will be departing the PL for a season at least

Gerrrard at 1.31 is priceless!

Looking at it again my favourite moment is around 24 seconds when Kuyt is screaming at Nani to get up Scholes comes over and pushes him in the chest, realizes what he's done and quickly starts back tracking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Let me rephrase that, its our blatently obvious lack of confidence and ruthlessness when it comes to trying to negotiate a deal for a big name player, I suppose a lack of ambition if you like, taking cheap options like loan deals etc. You dont see any of our rivals being so complacent when it comes to making game changing signings. Even Man Utd were able to convince Mata to join them before despite all their troubles. The point being I think were wasting our time with the likes of Falcao, Cavani etc, their not going to join us unless their demands are met which we are not going to do and these loan deals being touted around, i heard a 20 million loan fee for Falcao touted earlier which is ludicrous. Whats the problem just pay up a little extra for a permanent deal and thats that. Either were going to get a has been in Etoo or we will get no one at all just like the Dempsey situation a few years back

Cheap options like loan deals ???
    We were almost bankrupt 4 years ago and this season we have spent over 100m and counting. A top class striker could see us break 130 or 140m spent this window. How much more aggressive would you like us to be? This on top of announcing the extension of our stadium despite not having been in the CL for years.
    Personally I think its been a remarkable window. Huge credit needs to go to the board and Ayre especially for the Moreno deal and buying Can so early and cheap.

Also a "little extra" on top of 20m to buy Falcao? You realise he is a 70/80m pound player on 350k a week right ? There isnt a club in England that can afford him at that price so I think its a little bit more than ambition :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

NukaCola wrote: »
    Carragher could have seen red for it, it was a very poor challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

LOAN WATCH

Brad Smith (Swindon), full game in 2-2 away draw (playing as a number 10!)

I read that they had sent him back with an injury for a few weeks.
    I can picture it now...

"That's not a knee injury, it's MUD. Sent him back to Swindon...!"

Pessimistic Murphy is Pessimistic!

There is no doubt that we have done well this summer. Fair prices for Lovren, Lallana and Lambert, a significant fee for Markovic but hopefully he's worth that, and what looks like 2 very good prices for Moreno and Origi. And Manquillo the only loan, which already looks like a shrewd move.

Getting a player like Falcao on a perm move is not a LITTLE extra. Instead of £20M for a year, it would be £100M for 5 years. And then you are taking a MUCH bigger risk for a 27 year old who's just returning from an ACL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Samuel Eto'o has until 6 pm Dutch time to commit to Ajax according to Marc Overmars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Samuel Eto'o has until 6 pm Dutch time to commit to Ajax according to Marc Overmars.

Samuel Eto'o has been crushed into a cube.
    Ajax have 6 hours to remove their cube.

• Advertisement

I must be too old to get that.

Samuel Eto'o has been crushed into a cube.
    Ajax have 6 hours to remove their cube.

I love it!

That episode, when Homer keeps setting fire to Mr Burns' breakfast...:D

Homer reading Mr Burns his messages.

Phone rings

Homer - "Hello?"
    Mr Burns "Is it about my cube??"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Never watched the Simpsons as my own life is comically tragic enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We used to have another old guy around here, you'd have liked him.

Yeh, what ever happened to that guy???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nah they wouldn't get along!

gafferino wrote: »

The right move for him, he'll start every game when fit and should have the kind of impact that Ince had at Blackpool, needs to improve his finishing though.

I am guessing that this means Suso will stay?

Wisdom, Ibe, Ilori and Origi next season will be great additions, after a year of first team ball elsewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Dickerty wrote: »

He swallowed the red pill.

matrix_red_blue_pill.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

fa87a4aa3343c8063a073e8f11be03b29c8f12e7e1973f5b4f6808bf4e0760fd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ssshhhh.... it's a secret....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Couldn't be him!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91811632&postcount=6439

That image would have taken about 3 days to upload over a dial-up connection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Can I be Lambert!!!

Got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I really think we should take a gamble on Balotelli. Would cost around 15-20m & if it dididn't work out we could get most of our money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I really think we should take a gamble on Balotelli. Would cost around 15-20m & if it dididn't work out we could get most of our money back.

@NicoSchira

#Liverpool offer to Mario #Balotelli a contract until 2018 by 6 mln € a season. #Milan wants 25 mln € from #LFC

Guy is an Italian journalist with www.tuttolegapro.com, but I've no idea about his repute.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

brevity wrote: »
    Can I be Lambert!!!

Got it!

Finally! It makes sense to me.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    @NicoSchira

Guy is an Italian journalist with www.tuttolegapro.com, but I've no idea about his repute.
    Seen that don't know how reliable they are.
    But Di Marzio(Very reliable with Italian football) reported that Balotelli had a long meeting with his agent yesterday http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milans-balotelli-has-a-long-meeting-with-his-agent-raiola/

This day 10 years ago, Liverpool signed Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia. Where has the time gone. :(

rafa_five_years_4.jpg7vvdhQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rafa thought he was cool in that coat

But he's not BR cool
    5112302634542866_ff19b0a9c99786f73b35daaad20e84d6fcc619cf43ef9730e7f8b6cd7d0c6475_:original

On a serious note. Its great to be back in the Champions League. There was a time with Rafa that I felt we were unstoppable in Europe. I was confident of winning nearly every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No thanks. For every outstanding game he has, he seems to have a game in which he is a liability for his team.

Used to love seeing him line up for City against Liverpool because he usually had a strop or went missing during the game.

For £15m -£20m there would be other players that I would prefer to take a punt on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Seen that don't know how reliable they are.
    But Di Marzio(Very reliable with Italian football) reported that Balotelli had a long meeting with his agent yesterday http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milans-balotelli-has-a-long-meeting-with-his-agent-raiola/

Probably took hours just to get him to sit down.

Raiola: "Hello Mario."
    Balotelli: "Wahey! Mino, how's things? Is that your tie? I like it. Give it here *Removes Raiola's tie, ties it around his head*
    Raiola: "Mario we have interest from Liverpool"
    Balotelli: "Liverpool, yeah? 'This Is Anfield', Kenny Dalglish and all that, yeah?
    Great. How tall is this ceiling? I bet I can reach it. No, wait! How thick is the wall?! I bet I can smash it!" *Balotelli grabs chair, bashes through the wall*
    Raiola: "Mario, this could be amazing for your career." *Balotelli breaks the chair, throws the shards of wood into a corner and throws a load of cash on top*
    Raiola: "They're challenging for league titles, and in the Champions Lea...." *Balotelli takes a lighter and sets fire to the wood and money*
    Raiola: "Jesus, Mario!"
    Balotelli "Relax Mino! Minnie, Miney, Mickey, hahaha!"
    Raiola: "Get the fire extinguisher!"
    Balotellli: "This one?!" *Balotelli throws fire extinguisher through the window, climbs on to the ledge*
    Balotelli: "Yeah. Liverpool. Whatever. Later, f**ker!" *Climbs down drainpipe, drops into a Lambourghini with a supermodel in the passenger seat and speeds away flipping the bird behind him*

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Probably took hours just to get him to sit down.

Raiola: "Hello Mario."
    Balotelli: "Wahey! Mino, how's things? Is that your tie? I like it. Give it here *Removes Raiola's tie, ties it around his head*
    Raiola: "Mario we have interest from Liverpool"
    Balotelli: "Liverpool, yeah? 'This Is Anfield', Kenny Dalglish and all that, yeah?
    Great. How tall is this ceiling? I bet I can reach it. No, wait! How thick is the wall?! I bet I can smash it!" *Balotelli grabs chair, bashes through the wall*
    Raiola: "Mario, this could be amazing for your career." *Balotelli breaks the chair, throws the shards of wood into a corner and throws a load of cash on top*
    Raiola: "They're challenging for league titles, and in the Champions Lea...." *Balotelli takes a lighter and sets fire to the wood and money*
    Raiola: "Jesus, Mario!"
    Balotelli "Relax Mino! Minnie, Miney, Mickey, hahaha!"
    Raiola: "Get the fire extinguisher!"
    Balotellli: "This one?!" *Balotelli throws fire extinguisher through the window, climbs on to the ledge*
    Balotelli: "Yeah. Liverpool. Whatever. Later, f**ker!" *Climbs down drainpipe, drops into a Lambourghini with a supermodel in the passenger seat and speeds away flipping the bird behind him*

Not a chance in hell that Mario would be that reserved and professional in a meeting. :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    No thanks. For every outstanding game he has, he seems to have a game in which he is a liability for his team.

Used to love seeing him line up for City against Liverpool because he usually had a strop or went missing during the game.

For £15m -£20m there would be other players that I would prefer to take a punt on.
    What strikers though for that money? Bony maybe?. If we are considering Eto'o I think we should consider Balotelli imo.

On a serious note. Its great to be back in the Champions League. There was a time with Rafa that I felt we were unstoppable in Europe. I was confident of winning nearly every game.

Personally speaking, I completely took it for granted. Year on year, hearing that music, big nights at Anfield, watching with mates, I never even thought of not finishing top 4.

I can remember* watching us struggling under Hodgson in the Europa league on a ****ty pitch in the back arse of eastern Europe with terrible coverage by 3e one night and it hit me all of a sudden how far we'd fallen.

The feeling was akin to how David Hasselhoff must have felt watching himself back in that video where he's blind drunk and attempting to eat a cheeseburger off the floor while his daughter filmed him.

In our case the cheeseburger was Joe Cole and the floor was... never mind, I've lost where I was going with this.

*Steau Bucharest I think. I am aware Roy had a decent record in the Europa League, but c'mon like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

What strikers though for that money? Bony maybe?. If we are considering Eto'o I think we should consider Balotelli imo.

And so begins another circle of Balotelli - Bony - Lavezzi - Cavani - Falcao posts.

Someone through in a new name instead.

He runs an offshore dial up service afaik.

Rumour has it he's 7 feet tall and kills gifs by the hundreds. If he were here he'd consume us with fireballs from his eyes and lightening bolts from his @rse.

Attackers for that kind of money that I would like to see us try for would be the likes of Son or Aubameyang. Just think that they would suit our team better than Balotelli would.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-light-six-forwards-liverpool-7638096

Echo today has a run down of six strikers that we could sign
    Falcao
    Cavani
    Lavezzi
    Etoo
    Icardi
    Munriel

The usual names being bandied about. No sign of Bony in that list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've said before if Rodgers/Peters could get Balotelli under control the upside for €25m is huge. He has everything to be a world class striker.

I don't think he would effect team moral, from what you hear he's a good guy just a bit troubled.
    The managerial turnover at a club like Milan wont help him either, a strong stable manager would.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement