Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I would like a "Minaj a Moi".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Vicxas wrote: »
    I opened that in work, now I want to go home.

So did I, think I blew my chances with the cleaner..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The #LFC new striker chase:
    Sunday - Cavani
    Monday - Lavezzi
    Tuesday - Falcao
    Wednesday - Balotelli
    Thursday - Bony?
    Friday - Eto'o?

*robbed from twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Kirby wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. Minaj is definitely that breed of woman that her personality/voice/name overrides everything else. You couldn't pay me to be in the same room as her. I'd end up "hitting that". And not in the way the yanks do.

And why is her video in here anyway? Football plz.

Agreed. That fake plastic rear end, I have never seen anything so ridiculous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sunday - Cavani
    Monday - Lavezzi
    Tuesday - Falcao
    Wednesday - Balotelli
    Thursday - Bony?Minaj
    Friday - Eto'o?

*robbed from twitter
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sunday - Cavani
    Monday - Lavezzi
    Tuesday - Falcao
    Wednesday - Balotelli
    Thursday - Bony?
    Friday - Eto'o?

*robbed from twitter

To the tune of Happy Days

Sunday Monday Cavani
    Tuesday Wednesday Lavezzi
    Thursday Friday Falcao
    Saturday, maybe Bon-y
    Rockin the Kop all week with youuuuuuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Augmerson wrote: »

Sunday Monday Cavani
    Thursday Friday Falcao
    Saturday, maybe Bon-y

8E8XW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Augmerson wrote: »

Sunday Monday Cavani
    Thursday Friday Falcao
    Saturday, maybe Bon-y

You defo smoke too much green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Seems to me the interest is there from Liverpool in Balotelli, Galliani is trying to drum up interest from others, he said there has been no bid or negotiations but its not September 1st yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You defo smoke too much green.

He claims its, "coffee", that does it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just for the laugh
    Jonathan Johnson @Jon_LeGossip
    Per @RMCsport's @mohamedbouhafsi Monaco aware of Liverpool's interest. No offer has been received yet. Total fee would be €65m (£52m).

Jonathan Johnson @Jon_LeGossip
    Per @RMCsport's @mohamedbouhafsi Liverpool seriously considering loan (€15m) with obligation to buy (€50m) bid for Monaco's Falcao #LFC #ASM

The fact that we're even linked with Falcao, without people locking us all up and straight up laughing in our face, is probably a good thing.

Come a fair way since the brink of administration a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£50m and you could get him to take a pay cut down to £200k a week sure why not lets go get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Knex. wrote: »
    He claims its, "coffee", that does it.

It's the type of coffee they serve in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

First time I've heard of a loan with an "obligation" to buy rather than option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Neil Atkinson on the Anfield Wrap threw out an interesting option (without any basis as he said himself) - Jovetic , but not until we have played City.

He would be a very good buy, even if it is unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The most ludicrous thing I've heard in quite a while.

A loan with an obligation to buy.........is not a loan. It's buying a player and then paying for him later. Which is what a lot of clubs do when buying players anyway.

Silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kirby wrote: »
    The most ludicrous thing I've heard in quite a while.

A loan with an obligation to buy.........is not a loan. It's buying a player and then paying for him later. Which is what a lot of clubs do when buying players anyway.

Silly.

Could be Liverpool's stipulation though, the obligation might be there depending on performance during the loan, so if he helps qualify for CL then we buy for price but if we don't qualify there's no obligation. Would be better than signing him up front, him getting injured or whatever and having to fork out 50mil after coming 5th

Just speculating!

First time I've heard of a loan with an "obligation" to buy rather than option.

We gave Milan an obligation to buy if Aquaman played 25 games.

Think he played 23 so they wouldn't have to pay us, the bastids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

8-10 wrote: »
    Could be Liverpool's stipulation though, the obligation might be there depending on performance during the loan, so if he helps qualify for CL then we buy for price but if we don't qualify there's no obligation. Would be better than signing him up front, him getting injured or whatever and having to fork out 50mil after coming 5th

Just speculating!

Liverpool would not stipulate an obligation on our part to buy the player, we would request the option to buy at a named price. I would say the information is all boll1x to start with and the mix up of words is an indicator of baloney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Neil Atkinson on the Anfield Wrap threw out an interesting option (without any basis as he said himself) - Jovetic , but not until we have played City.

He would be a very good buy, even if it is unlikely

Suspect that option has been evaluated. As with Eto'o it will only come into play should other bids fail.

Can't make sense of this Falcao loan deal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Loan with obligation to buy is nothing new, happens regularly in Spain and Italy

The obligation is usually based on pre-determined conditions such as playing X number of games of the teams end of year position.

Knex. wrote: »
    We gave Milan an obligation to buy if Aquaman played 25 games.

Think he played 23 so they wouldn't have to pay us, the bastids!

I remember that one, intentionally kept him on the bench for the last few games so that he wouldn't have to be signed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I see Nani will be departing the PL for a season at least

As a tribute I'll post my favourite Nani moment

Gerrrard at 1.31 is priceless!

Good old Dirk having none of Nani's bull****. Great clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I don't think ferguson ever forgave him for crying at anfield. Harsh enough yellow card for me.

Aleksandar Mitrovic of Anderlecht now being linked he is a 19 year striker and International team mate of Lazar.

dailystar

20 seconds :D Irish kids for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Evra really was a horrible player wasn't he, nothing even remotely likable about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

That was actually a terrible tackle and Carragher should have been sent off.

Nani dives and rolls around, but he was very lucky that he didnt break his leg there.

joe123 wrote: »

Nani dives and rolls around, but he was very lucky that he didnt break his leg there.

He did break his leg. Or am I mistaken?

• Advertisement

ush wrote: »
    He did break his leg. Or am I mistaken?

Don't think he did. I remember you could see bone though down his shin. I can't really understand why that clip above all would be celebrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Evra really was a horrible player wasn't he, nothing even remotely likable about him.

I finally agree with you on something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It was the pathetic jump up and fall down that everyone gave out about, the tackle was indefensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Dont know if mentioned but Origi plays v Porto tonight in CL. An alternative viewing option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    How many times has power been mentioned tonight on MNF. Neville thinks us or Arsenal won't win it because were not as powerful. Going by his logic we need to buy bigger players hit the gym. No wonder England are gone so poor.
    Can and Hendo are not exactly small units, Lovren/Sakho double teaming a forward would flatten most I reckon.

Wonder if Carsten Yanker is ready to pull his boots back on...

Further to this

BvfhogZCQAEb3sC.jpg

a bunch of midgets! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Carragher might well have been sent off if Nani hadnt made such a fool of himself. He was a cry baby and an idiot.

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Carragher might well have been sent off if Nani hadnt made such a fool of himself. He was a cry baby and an idiot.

Nani is Nani and he made himself look daft by crying, but that tackle was horrible. Hate seeing that **** on a football pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

The journalist saying the 52m Falcao bid was the first guy to break our manquillo loan bid. I'm very excited I won't lie, very excited

The journalist saying the 52m Falcao bid was the first guy to break our manquillo loan bid. I'm very excited I won't lie, very excited

I'm going to hold you personally responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Me too.

Hahaha sorry in advance

• Advertisement

52 million is a hell of a lot of money for a 28 year old who has yet to be properly tested after tearing his cruciate.

But having a Falcao at 100% in your squad would be lovely.

I still don't believe it though. It doesnt just go against everything FSG stand for, but it punches it in the face, kicks it in the arse and then pushes it off a cliff.

It's 52m euro it should be said which is 40m sterling. I'd pay 40m sterling for someone of his outrageous quality

£$€52m?

€52m.........£52m.......$52m.
    £41.5.........€65m.......€39m.
    $70m.........$86.5.......£31m.

Falcao for £41m I'd bite there hand off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry just wondering if you have experienced bad negotiations with LFC yourself?

Plenty of concluded deals this summer including getting a good price for Suarez, but people still think they cannot do deals because stuff falling through before and people assume it was Liverpool's fault.
    Cheap options like loan deals ???
    We were almost bankrupt 4 years ago and this season we have spent over 100m and counting. A top class striker could see us break 130 or 140m spent this window. How much more aggressive would you like us to be? This on top of announcing the extension of our stadium despite not having been in the CL for years.
    Personally I think its been a remarkable window. Huge credit needs to go to the board and Ayre especially for the Moreno deal and buying Can so early and cheap.

Also a "little extra" on top of 20m to buy Falcao? You realise he is a 70/80m pound player on 350k a week right ? There isnt a club in England that can afford him at that price so I think its a little bit more than ambition :eek: :rolleyes:

Isnt Falcao not available for somewhere in teh region of 35-40 million rather thant the outrageous figure you have quotes so 20 milliion for a load fee seems silly to me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Looks as though this is to be Warriors last season, all to be re branded to parent company new balance, haven't a clue what any of their gear is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

£52m and £200,000 a week would probably be overpaying for Falcao, especially given his injury concern.

Would definitely feel more comfortable about it being done with a loan first and then option to buy (or even commitment to buy if he stays fit and CL football is attained or something like that).

Would be hard not to get excited about the signing though even if the fee is on the hefty side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Looks as though this is to be Warriors last season, all to be re branded to parent company new balance, haven't a clue what any of their gear is like!

At least it can't be as bad as the muck warrior has put out over the last few years. It really is sheeite stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ratracer wrote: »
    At least it can't be as bad as the muck warrior has put out over the last few years. It really is sheeite stuff altogether.

Would have to agree its been fairly hit and miss, more so miss. This seasons home is not too bad from a distance but up close it looks like theres tiny little grease stains all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,045 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ratracer wrote: »

Meh, home jerseys are always fine, and one of the crazy ones always ends up growing on me. And they give us lots of money.

To be honest, in a weird way, I kind of like having the batshit crazy jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I think warrior did a great job, particularly bringing back the old style yellow crest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement