Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Did anyone ever watch that episode of Cracker where Robert Carlyle plays the mad Liverpool fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HT Lille v Porto

4 Goal Attempts 3
    0 Shots on Goal 2
    2 Shots off Goal 0
    2 Blocked Shots 1

(and two of them can in the last minute)

They really know how to entertain. Anyone who is expecting Origi to "rip up" the league is going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Huh? What have I missed here......where are all these figures coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Twitter just went mental over Falcao.

Egads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Apparently the €15m loan amount would be taken from the €52m having a balance of €37m if we were to buy him. That's according to some twitters and my maths skillz.

Do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ush wrote: »
    He did break his leg. Or am I mistaken?

Played the next match IIRC! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No matter how mad twitter goes over it, we are still not signing Falcao.

gafferino wrote: »
    Huh? What have I missed here......where are all these figures coming from?

from here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91824901&postcount=6612

The source of which is a Monaco based sports broadcaster RMC Sport (Radio Monte Carlo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

The journalist saying the 52m Falcao bid was the first guy to break our manquillo loan bid. I'm very excited I won't lie, very excited

Who is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not sure if posted but....

@TheAnfieldWrap: This years Warrior kits to be the last as @newbalance pulls plug on @WARRIOR_FTBL, all current kits to be rebranded under @newbalance label

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

klose wrote: »

@TheAnfieldWrap: This years Warrior kits to be the last as @newbalance pulls plug on @WARRIOR_FTBL, all current kits to be rebranded under @newbalance label

"all current kits to be rebranded"? Surely they mean future kits there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The thought of spending the same amount on Falcao as we sold Suarez for saddens me.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Did anyone ever watch that episode of Cracker where Robert Carlyle plays the mad Liverpool fan?

Carlyle and Coltrane shouting Celtic and Liverpool at each other. None of that American boxset nonsense will every touch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The silence from Barrett and the usual gang says alot also they would usually be quick to squash anything like this.

This move is far more realistic than you think very few clubs can actually afford to put him on there books with ffp, it gives us a huge advantage even over real madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

rob316 wrote: »
    The silence from Barrett and the usual gang says alot also they would usually be quick to squash anything like this.

I'd go the opposite and say if there was anything to it, they'd be getting in on it for a slice of the pie.

There isn't a hope in hell we're signing Falcao. It's even worse than Utd fans with Vidal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Be prepared for an avalanche of "Slip" jokes when we are in a NewBalance kit.

Also explains Warriors bizarre designs
    IMG_2143-1.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

klose wrote: »

Shame the warrior logo looks decent

So we'll have 2 years of New Balance then? Hopefully they won't be manky kits anyhow. I think this years Warrior ones are pretty decent. In a couple of years if we can maintain CL qualification (tough deal of course) we can get 50m a season hopefully then for a while. Still not utd grade, but I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5starpool wrote: »
    So we'll have 2 years of New Balance then? Hopefully they won't be manky kits anyhow. I think this years Warrior ones are pretty decent. In a couple of years if we can maintain CL qualification (tough deal of course) we can get 50m a season hopefully then for a while. Still not utd grade, but I'd be happy with that.

It might be if they don't get CL £20m gets knocked off there deal every year they don't get CL and there are other terms as well to knock £££ if they don't reach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    The thought of spending the same amount on Falcao as we sold Suarez for saddens me.

Except we'll be paying a third less than that...

• Advertisement

I chuckled at this:
    Skills in Heels ‏@Boxofficefooty 41m
    I nominate Falcao, Mario Balotelli and Marco Reus to do the sign for Liverpool challenge #signforliverpoolChallenge #lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

New Balance have a strong legacy in making pretty good technical sports shoes and clothing, looking forward to seeing what they design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It doesn't sound like we would be, or even close. It sounds like 52million euros, so 40 odd million pounds. We sold Suarez for 75 million pounds.

Falcao for around 40 - 45 million pounds would be an incredible deal, even if we have to pay a good chunk up front.

Shouldn't Falcao be worth more than 50 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

He's 28, returning from a long term injury, a lot of the big clubs have done their business or are prevented from doing more because of ffp, the world cup throws up some inflated players too, so I'd say it's about right. Plus agent Ayre is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

All this talk of Falcao...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BMJD wrote: »
    He's 28, returning from a long term injury, a lot of the big clubs have done their business or are prevented from doing more because of ffp, the world cup throws up some inflated players too, so I'd say it's about right. Plus agent Ayre is amazing.

And his wages are high.

He's only worth more than 50 million if some team is willing to pay more than 50 million, plus his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The thing with Falcao is that at 28 is he now happy to collect massive wages and play to a home crowd of 8000 people or does he still have ambition as a player and would take a pay cut to move to a team like Liverpool?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The thing with Falcao is that at 28 is he now happy to collect massive wages and play to a home crowd of 8000 people or does he still have ambition as a player and would take a pay cut to move to a team like Liverpool?

This guy plays on the roof of a car park, one sniff of the lush Anfield pitch will get his juices flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

dogbert27 wrote: »

Considering how good he is I reckon he'll get the high wage packet and play in front of more people if he wants to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This falcor transfer saga is never ending...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

He's one of the few players on the planet who could replace his goals, if he has recovered to the same level as he was before his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

To cool the Falcao adoration, here's a table of goals (non-penalties) and assists per 90 minutes for Falcao's season at Madrid, in comparison to others in the same league:

BuXIlonCAAAEv5E.png

Dont be at yourself - that just means he's as good as Negredo and only slightly worse than Soldado:)
    Samuel Eto'o has until 6 pm Dutch time to commit to Ajax according to Marc Overmars.

Eto'o is still a free agent.

To cool the Falcao adoration, here's a table of goals (non-penalties) and assists per 90 minutes for Falcao's season at Madrid, in comparison to others in the same league:

BuXIlonCAAAEv5E.png

So he had a hand in a goal in every second game? Not including penalties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tony Barrett - Liverpool have made an inquiry about taking Mario Balotelli on loan from AC Milan

Barrett and others now reporting that we have approached Milan for Balotelli.

I'm still not sure how I'd feel about that.

FFS, I'm following City, at least he won't turn up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Balotelli on loan could be a shrewd bit of business. When he's on form he can be incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I hope we get Balotelli. Every team needs at least one lunatic :pac:

Please not Balotelli :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

BvgxrXpIcAAfHne.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Would people really have a problem with Balo on loan?!? Such a low risk transfer...

Just to further this -
    Barrett - Falcao remains the preferred option, #LFC would be willing to put a £20m package to sign him on loan if his move to Real fails

28utt2e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

The embedded tweets is a cool new feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like we are now in talks to signing Balotelli as Milan won't loan him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just to further this -

28utt2e.jpg

Can't see this on his twitter

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Would people really have a problem with Balo on loan?!? Such a low risk transfer...

Yes, he would be a disaster to team morale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liverpool is interested in Mario #Balotelli: Rodgers is thinking about a possible bid on loan with buy option. But AC Milan wants money - Fabrizio Romano

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement