Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balotelli for Borini I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Yes, he would be a disaster to team morale

You don't think that the players are mature enough to ignore him if he acts up? Or that Rodgers is clued in enough as a man manager to be able to deal with him? For me he's shown that ability (Rodgers) in the way he's handled Raheem and the various luis issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not Mario, I really don't know would he fit into our setup to be honest, we don't need the publicity either post Suarez era....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

So Tony Barrett filed his report with The Times saying that we enquired about a loan deal, but has since re-filed to say that there is a permanent deal in the early stages of discussion. Falcao is the preferred option.

Balotelli as a backup to Falcao. This is more arousing that that Nicki Minaj video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Potentially buying Mario.
    Still pursuing Falcao

tumblr_mazrps3r7n1r49x5ro1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

It sounds like the Balotelli deal is happening. His laziness is so frustrating. Fingers crossed it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can't see this on his twitter

Looks like its from his Times article. Anyone a subscriber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I loved Balotelli at City.....not sure I'd love him as much if he joined Liverpool!

Quality on his day.....just we don't know when 'his days' are likely to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

MD1990 wrote: »
    Tony Barrett - Liverpool have made an inquiry about taking Mario Balotelli on loan from AC Milan
    I would be thrilled if we brought Balotelli in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like its from his Times article. Anyone a subscriber?

This whats out there.

http://www.lfc.pl/files/pdf/2014_08_21_times.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It'd be a pity if we couldn't loan him as he seems the type of player who would set out to prove a point that he'd be worth a permanent deal. Ideal scenario is Rodgers gets the best out of him, he thrives with Sturridge, Coutihno & Sterling around him and he lives up to his potential. Worst case scenario, he acts the lunatic and is a bad influence in what seems to be a harmonious squad. If the fee is around the £14m mark that was in papers earlier in the summer then it's a bit like the Sturridge deal to me, I didn't know whether he would be cocky, selfish & be able to step up and supply goals consistently - he's been a dream signing. Balotelli for a fee around that is a gamble that I wouldn't mind us taking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I have to say, after getting dicked around on all these loans (Aquilani, Reina, etc) for years, it'd be great to see us pick up somebody like Falcao or Balotelli in a similar low-risk fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think Balotelli would probably be worth the risk.

I would probably get behind the signing.

I certainly don't get the horror and fear that he's going to do something absolutely mental.

Question marks over his attitude? Maybe. The problem is he's not as good as he thinks he is. I mean, is he better than Sturridge? I don't think so really, though he does have more 'star quality' and is maybe a bigger name.

As long as he's coming in with no illusions of grandeur I think he could be a really good fit.

I mean when you think of the qualities he has it's almost exactly what we're crying out for. Can play up top, but can easily slot in out wide, can hit a free kick (which we're now missing), is fast and flexible in attack...

He's just coming into a good age for a forward. I think it's an age when people tend to mature a bit in general.

Out of all Rodgers' qualities as a manager, I think his number 1 is undoubtedly his man management. I think he could get the best out of him, and get him hungry.

That's my main concern about Balotelli - not that he'll do something crazy, because I think that's all overblown a bit. My concern is more - will he fight and do everything to win? Does he have that will to win in every match? DOes he have the Suarez-factor, or is he going to shrug and sulk if things don't go his way?

I don't know, in many ways I think Balotelli could be a more shrewd move than Falcao if we're talking about a 20-25m pound fee.

I'd be excited by it anyway and it'd be a tentative thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I would be thrilled if we brought Balotelli in.

Me too I think he would be a great signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

here it is
    Falcao remains their preferred option, but Liverpool have been made aware that the Monaco forward favours a move to Real Madrid. Should Real’s longstanding interest in Falcao fail to materialise, though, Liverpool would be willing to put together a £20 million package to sign the prolific Colombia international on a season-long loan.

Balo for 20m and Falcao for 20m - that's only 40m. Sell Sterling for 70 million next summer to Real Madrid, buy the rest of the Columbian :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Either Balotelli or Falcao would be perfect. Much better than the likes of Eto'o or Borini. Hopefully we get the deal done pronto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

D'Agger wrote: »
    It'd be a pity if we couldn't loan him as he seems the type of player who would set out to prove a point that he'd be worth a permanent deal. Ideal scenario is Rodgers gets the best out of him, he thrives with Sturridge, Coutihno & Sterling around him and he lives up to his potential. Worst case scenario, he acts the lunatic and is a bad influence in what seems to be a harmonious squad. If the fee is around the £14m mark that was in papers earlier in the summer then it's a bit like the Sturridge deal to me, I didn't know whether he would be cocky, selfish & be able to step up and supply goals consistently - he's been a dream signing. Balotelli for a fee around that is a gamble that I wouldn't mind us taking

Oddly enough, the answer to all four of those questions is yes. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just watched a video of all his goals from 2012-13. Christ, an awful lot of them were penalties, which he won't be taking here. I'm very much in two minds. He is good, and has a very fine goalscoring record in England and Italy, but he's nowhere near the world-class talent some make out.

As Morzadec said, he's not as good as Sturridge. £160K a week is mental money for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

So we're all behind Balo move in a reverse jinks maneouvre to ensure we get Falcao, is that it? :confused:

Sterling---Sturridge---Balotelli

Interchanging all over the place and running on to Coutinho's throughballs like there's no tomorrow

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't care what we pay out, as long as we do sign someone in the ilk of Falcao or Balotelli. Even more so if its a year loan with option to buy.

We need the quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Curb gifs always welcome!

Is he quick?

Only attribute that matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is he quick?

Only attribute that matters

We've got a fifa player over here! :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Morzadec wrote: »
    Sterling---Sturridge---Balotelli

Interchanging all over the place and running on to Coutinho's throughballs like there's no tomorrow

giphy.gif

Balotelli is far too lazy and unreliable. Would rather play Markovic or Lallana.

Just watched a video of all his goals from 2012-13. Christ, an awful lot of them were penalties, which he won't be taking here. I'm very much in two minds. He is good, and has a very fine goalscoring record in England and Italy, but he's nowhere near the world-class talent some make out.

As Morzadec said, he's not as good as Sturridge. £160K a week is mental money for him

I actually agree that he's not as good as his name suggests. He's kind of got this aura and personality where people believe he's more talented than he is.

I also agree that 160k a week is an excessive wage demand. It should be more like 100k. Would be a decent test of whether he wants to come and if he believes in the project. I can't see him being on more than 100k at Milan.

Despite all this, he still is a very talented player, a player that really nails the need we have in the squad right now (a really flexible centre-forward who can do more than just score goals, and with a good bit of pace), and in today's market, at his age £20m isn't too bad a fee.

If you're talking about risk, for me Balotelli at £20m is a shrewder and less risky move than Falcao for £40m.

Maybe the latter is more exciting and a bigger name, but I really believe Balotelli is a better fit for the style we play, is younger, is cheaper, has less injury-risk, has a sell-on value.

Either would be exciting and would make me really happy about the window, but I see Balotelli as the more sensible move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Sappy404 wrote: »

Balotelli as a backup to Falcao. This is more arousing that that Nicki Minaj video.

LoL Sappy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

@LFCZA posts the Times articles on his timeline whenever there's anything interesting happening. He's worth a fellow if you're just looking for transfer news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Why do we have to pay ridic loan fees?

We seem to give players out on loan for a pittance!

Milan owe us one for Aqualani!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Name the dweeb behind Riise

BvWXz5rIUAATaer.jpg

Nothing would justify giving Mario £160k/week, Sturridge would be rightfully p1ssed off imo along with lots of other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Alberto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Arda Turan apparently

Name the dweeb behind Riise

BvWXz5rIUAATaer.jpg

Is it Balotelli?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I came into see how the Falcao signing was going and in about 10 mins it became Balotelli

I'll be back at qtr to 12 for the next one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Soups123 wrote: »
    I came into see how the Falcao signing was going and in about 10 mins it became Balotelli

I'll be back at qtr to 12 for the next one

Bony

Curb gifs always welcome!

You're God damn lucky I can't find any decent Alan Curbishly gifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is it Aspas?

Suarez out, Ballotelli in. Stuff of nightmares.

Really hope it's not true.

He doesn't last long at clubs for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Gianluca DI Marzio a fairly reliable Italian Journalist for Sky Sport Italia now reporting LFC have enquired about a loan deal for Balotelli but Milan refused. Tony Barrett also reporting it and are now discussing a permanent deal with Milan. Talks have also been held between Ian Ayre and Balotellis agent Raiola in Amsterdam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Gianluca DI Marzio a fairly reliable Italian Journalist for Sky Sport Italia now reporting LFC have enquired about a loan deal for Balotelli but Milan refused. Tony Barrett also reporting it and are now discussing a permanent deal with Milan. Talks have also been held between Ian Ayre and Balotellis agent Raiola in Amsterdam

Think it was on here earlier that someone pointed out that Balotelli's agent is also the agent of the goalkeeper, Romero, we have been linked with of late.

Could easily be a case of Ayre being seen with the agent, and journos guessing wrong as to which of the agent's clients was being discussed.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Inter for three years, City for three as well. That's not bad at all.

Suarez's wouldn't be markedly better, for example.

And he's only just turned 24 last week, which is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »

To be fair he was at Inter and City for 3 years each, it's just this Milan move which will be particularly short, and he did still have 14 goals and 6 assists in 25 starts and 5 subs.

I'd definitely have Falcao over him, but if we do bring in Mario, it'll be because Rodgers wants him, in which case i'm ok with it. Noone here knows better than Rodgers how the squad is, and how much Mario will or won't disrupt that. It's clear that attitude and group dynamic is a key part of buying new players at liverpool now.

Knex. wrote: »
    Inter for three years, City for three as well. That's not bad at all.

Suarez's wouldn't be markedly better, for example.

And he's only just turned 24 last week, which is nuts.

He's an Italian Collymore.

Stan Ballotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it was on here earlier that someone pointed out that Balotelli's agent is also the agent of the goalkeeper, Romero, we have been linked with of late.

Could easily be a case of Ayre being seen with the agent, and journos guessing wrong as to which of the agent's clients was being discussed.

True but Tony Barrett is reporting we are in talks with Milan about a permanent deal for Balotelli plus balotellis agent is now on his way to England. Barrett is extremely reliable so normally when he reports something it is true. Thats not to say Romero is not under consideration aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I can systematically, 100% tell ye that Balotelli will not be loaned to Liverpool from Milan.

Only way he'll move is on a permanent basis and a fee of £20m would most likely be enough.

Will be gutted if he leaves Milan but I won't be shocked as Berlusconi isn't an admirer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kess73 wrote: »

And he's Assaidi's agent which could also be why they met

Tony Barrett isn't too reliable these days tbf

• Advertisement

at-first-i-was-like.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement