Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Gianluca DI Marzio a fairly reliable Italian Journalist for Sky Sport Italia now reporting LFC have enquired about a loan deal for Balotelli but Milan refused. Tony Barrett also reporting it and are now discussing a permanent deal with Milan. Talks have also been held between Ian Ayre and Balotellis agent Raiola in Amsterdam

What you do is offer 25m, then up this to 30m, and then finally 35m!

The fools! We would have gone as high as 75m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

8-10 wrote: »
    And he's Assaidi's agent which could also be why they met

"Please get him to agree to go!"
    "I'll do my best Mr Rodgers." :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tony Barrett isn't too reliable these days tbf

I don't know about that he gets very little wrong. Barrett says falcao or balotelli I fully believe him coupled with the local reports in the respective countries.
    Two high quality targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it was on here earlier that someone pointed out that Balotelli's agent is also the agent of the goalkeeper, Romero, we have been linked with of late.

Could easily be a case of Ayre being seen with the agent, and journos guessing wrong as to which of the agent's clients was being discussed.
    True but Tony Barrett is reporting we are in talks with Milan about a permanent deal for Balotelli plus balotellis agent is now on his way to England. Barrett is extremely reliable so normally when he reports something it is true. Thats not to say Romero is not under consideration aswell

They both share the same agent as Assaidi which may also be pertinent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

noodler wrote: »
    What you do is offer 25m, then up this to 30m, and then finally 35m!

The fools! We would have gone as high as 75m!

Yeh I agree like whats with all the loan deals for god sake, can we not just get the finger out and pay up for a top class player that we have the money for which makes the loan deals all the more puzzling. Balotelli wouldnt cost an arm and a leg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeh I agree like whats with all the loan deals for god sake, can we not just get the finger out and pay up for a top class player that we have the money for which makes the loan deals all the more puzzling. Balotelli wouldnt cost an arm and a leg

I'm starting to suspect a case of book keeping, FSG have money but may have decided that if possible they'd prefer to keep most of it for the next financial year (starting in June 1st 2015).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They both share the same agent as Assaidi which may also be pertinent.

He is also seemingly the agent of Pogba, Matuidi, Hamsik, and Mkhitaryan so there are four more names for us to get silly over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well thats an interesting night regards transfer news, should make for an interesting ending to the transfer window. Falcao is our preferred option and balotelli would be second choice? Certainly we've come a long way since signing aspas as our striker target. We could certainly be doing worse, not sure how i feel on balo but ill go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Berlusconi isn't an admirer.

That alone makes me want Balotelli to succeed, wherever he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

ush wrote: »
    That alone makes me want Balotelli to succeed, wherever he ends up.

Agreed.

Wanted him to sign for Arsenal if he was going to leave but I'd be happy enough seeing him play for Liverpool.

Has CL experience and he's not near as big of a headache as many believe him to be. Tomorrow will tell a lot.

• Advertisement

ImprobableMadGannet.gif

Love the way he just walks away casually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    ImprobableMadGannet.gif

The lad has a pile of talent. No doubt. It's everything else that is the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

****tt we might sign Balotelli so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I hope we do sign him just so I can hear Brendan wax lyrical about "young Mario"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

If ever there was a moneyball signing out there BR could shape into a world beater, that is Mario Balotelli. Make it happen Mr. Ian Arye.

Weird that Pearce in the echo totally glossed over the balotelli link.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

I think I've seen it on these pages. If both options are being explored, and considering the Falcao option would be a one-year trick anyway, would it be THAT crazy to actually pursue both options together, rather than one or the other?
    Instantly that would the best forward line in the league, and Madrid and Barca aside, the best in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Kingdom wrote: »
    I think I've seen it on these pages. If both options are being explored, and considering the Falcao option would be a one-year trick anyway, would it be THAT crazy to actually pursue both options together, rather than one or the other?
    Instantly that would the best forward line in the league, and Madrid and Barca aside, the best in Europe.

Would hardly be space for them all in the starting XI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

ImprobableMadGannet.gif

I would sign him for the ability to do that alone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Mignolet

Moreno lovren Sahko skyrtl Manquillo

Can Gerrard Lallanna Henderson

Sterling Coutinho Ballotelli

Sturrige Falcao

Seems Legit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ardinn wrote: »
    Mignolet

Moreno lovren Sahko skyrtl Manquillo

Can Gerrard Lallanna Henderson

Sterling Coutinho Ballotelli

Sturrige Falcao

Seems Legit!

What's this, we're having a bash off GAA next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Theres loads of things that rhyme with Falcao AND Balotelli. Thus making chants easy. I say go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If we do sign a striker, please god don't let it be Jim White to break the news, I hope the club do their business before the final day of the window as I wont be able for this shyte till the 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ush wrote: »
    Carlyle and Coltrane shouting Celtic and Liverpool at each other. None of that American boxset nonsense will every touch that.

Cracker was brilliant stuff, really had to watch at 9 O'Clock stuff, and Alby was the most memorable bad guy for me. Coltrane was unmissable, can't take your eyes of him stuff, remarkable for, let's say, a rather unphotogenic guy!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

ImprobableMadGannet.gif

I've been back on forth on whether I would like Balotelli at Liverpool, but the fact he can bang in a screamer like that and just walk away is classic. A must buy!
    Balotelli permanent and Falcao on loan to close out the window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If ever there was a moneyball signing out there BR could shape into a world beater, that is Mario Balotelli. Make it happen Mr. Ian Arye.

If you think moneyball means giving someone a ball of money, then I agree with you. If you referring to the purchase of undervalued players based purely on stats, then Mario is pretty wide of the mark.

rossc007 wrote: »
    If you think moneyball means giving someone a ball of money, then I agree with you. If you referring to the purchase of undervalued players based purely on stats, then Mario is pretty wide of the mark.

Not sure about that. If Balotelli wasn't a nutcase he would cost a lot more.

His attitude is rotten though, and that counts for a lot. If things aren't going his way he just strolls around. Literally. Like a sulking child. I had a kid on my team who used to do that but he outgrew it when he hit 12 years old. Balotelli apparently never has. :p

Falcao is a professional. Better option. A lot more expensive, but better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

But he is a nutcase, not only that but his stats don't match the hype. He is the antithesis of moneyball.

• Advertisement

He's just gone 24 and his last two seasons with Milan scored 12 in 13 games and 14 in 30. Not the worst.
    Control the madness and super mario could be phenomenal.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

not mad on balloteli cos of, ya know, the insanity and such... but yeah, he has an amazing amount of talent so if we can harness that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rossc007 wrote: »

You want stats..

Balotelli 155 league games 66 goals; 2.35 goals per game

So in comparison to another striker who was written off by many before he came to Liverpool:

Sturridge 140 league games 58 goals; 2.41 goals per game

Very similar stats and we can see now that Sturridge is considered a moneyball transfer example which has been a success. And stats aren't everything in the moneyball process either. Revitalising a player that many people think is "a lost cause" is perhaps the one of the best traits. Something to prove to everyone. Balotelli certainly has that. I reckon we've manager whod help to give him a "last chance" to prove himself as a top player at the top aka another Daniel Sturridge. most importantly hes got the attributes to go with the way Liverpool play more so than Cavani and Falcao imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fowler87 wrote: »
    You want stats..

Balotelli 155 league games 66 goals; 2.35 goals per game

So in comparison to another striker who was written off by many before he came to Liverpool:

Sturridge 140 league games 58 goals; 2.41 goals per game

Very similar stats and we can see now that Sturridge is considered a moneyball transfer example which has been a success. And stats aren't everything in the moneyball process either. Revitalising a player that many people think is "a lost cause" is perhaps the one of the best traits. Something to prove to everyone. Balotelli certainly has that. I reckon we've manager whod help to give him a "last chance" to prove himself as a top player at the top aka another Daniel Sturridge. most importantly hes got the attributes to go with the way Liverpool play more so than Cavani and Falcao imo

You might want to rethink those stats there Einstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I would love if we signed mario So much value in so many ways.
    Just watched a video of all his goals from 2012-13. Christ, an awful lot of them were penalties, which he won't be taking here. I'm very much in two minds. He is good, and has a very fine goalscoring record in England and Italy, but he's nowhere near the world-class talent some make out.

As Morzadec said, he's not as good as Sturridge. £160K a week is mental money for him

Why wouldn't he take them? He has only ever missed one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    Inter for three years, City for three as well. That's not bad at all.

Suarez's wouldn't be markedly better, for example.

And he's only just turned 24 last week, which is nuts.

And he's only nuts, which is like watching all the box sets of 24 together!

Has anybody come across anything remotely positive that a previous club has said about Balotelli?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5live wrote: »
    And he's only nuts, which is like watching all the box sets of 24 together!

Has anybody come across anything remotely positive that a previous club has said about Balotelli?

Mancini said he was an amazing young talent. Before.... You know.

I'm sure if Brendan can handle a phenomenal cannibal we can handle a mad inflated ego..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

He's just gone 24 and his last two seasons with Milan scored 12 in 13 games and 14 in 30. Not the worst.
    Control the madness and super mario could be phenomenal.

You're asking for a lot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

United rumoured to be in for Xabi, please please don't let that happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

559149_10151250373564741_1643516147_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Alonso or Hernandez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Where is this coming from? Doubt there's much truth in it. I'd rather it was Khedira if United were after a Madrid midfielder, I don't think Alonso would even think about that move to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

itL3dsSj2gThu.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    itL3dsSj2gThu.gif

He can play alright. It's his mentality and behaviour that I'd be worried about.

Big step down for him. He could still get a good few apps if he stays where he is despite being down the pecking order. It's a long season with Madrid, they play a lot of games generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It would be nice to see Fanny in the stadium!

fanny_neguesha_0-212x300.jpg

Have I just had a Malky Mackay moment!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

That's nonsense. I think part of the reason he left was the wife wanted to raise children in Spain.

At his age if he was to leave Madrid he'd go to another Spanish club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Balotelli could be amazing......can BR get the best out of him though? Can anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd say Balotelli's signing would be welcomed by many locals at petrol stations near Melwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I am thinking about Bellamy, another well known nutcase in his younger years. Man, did he turn a corner.

Everyone grows up. Everyone learns from mistakes. Particularly young men who have money thrown at them from a young age and are moved from club to club. So maybe he is ready to settle down?

I think him and Sturridge would actually get on well, both full of life and fun, and Raheem also.

Ok, go on so...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement