Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

@indykaila saying "Liverpool have signed Mario Balotelli. confirmed."

Must be true then, indykalia is the most reliable ITK out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Crazy signing but at least we're guaranteed a few laughs.

Won't cry if he fails a "medical"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Crazy signing but at least we're guaranteed a few laughs.

Minus the biting

Probably

Vicxas wrote: »
    Minus the biting

Probably

Minus the workrate

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Must be true then, indykalia is the most reliable ITK out there.

Hahaha ya he is as reliable as a chocolate teapot that lad. Really wish idiots like him could just be nuked from Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Minus the workrate

Plus £60M...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Fck it I'm on board.

Mario is on his way lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

News breaking inside Liverpool's PR room.

6a0120a95a88d5970b019aff7bf7cf970b-800wi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

It's a great bit of business money wise noone can deny that. I am excited in a strange kind of way. He's mental but he's performed in the league before and I have faith BR can tame him a bit.

• Advertisement

I can see spells where he doesn't make the squad with mystery injuries, to take him out of the limelight.

But when we have a 3 games in 8 days, as we will when the CL kicks in, we need a striker who can genuinely replace Sturridge. He can do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Minus the workrate

Someone will bite eventually.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Plus £60M...

?

What good is a bag of cash with a vastly inferior player.

Tbh, I'm happy enough with the players signed so far but Balotelli is everything I hate in a footballer- lazy, poor workrate.

He's great crack though :rolleyes:

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Suarez will bite somone eventually.

FYP

?

What good is a bag of cash with a vastly inferior player.

Tbh, I'm happy enough with the players signed so far but Balotelli is everything I hate in a footballer- lazy, poor workrate.

He's great crack though :rolleyes:

Small sample of some of the words used to describe Sturridge before he joined:

Lazy, selfish, crap, shoots too much, doesn't track back, no teamwork, immature, arrogant.

The above probably has no small part to play in why I am not against this Balotelli transfer. Rodgers deserves to get a little bit of leeway here before we rush in and despair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We needed a top class striker, we got one. If we can get gk cover I reckon this could well go down as our best ever window. He will score goals and probably annoy a lot of rival fans, potentially a fantastic bit of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

FYP

He's already done it three times.

I'm looking forward to Mario playing here, chap undoubtably has talent, hopefully Brendan can work on his application of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Won't cry if he fails a "medical"

You have little to worry about imo, this would be too ambitious a signing for this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Please let him get a very late winner at either Old Trafford or Goodison :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I wonder, was part of the reason that the Remy deal fell through was because we found out that Balotelli could be available for reasonably small money? If Borini goes to Sunderland for £14M, Balotelli for a £2M investment is an absolute no-brainer. It gives the club its marquee signing too, whilst leaving plenty of the Suarez money aside for an attempt to grab Falcao / Cavani in the future. And, if neither of Falcao or Cavani comes off, well, we did sign Balotelli...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You have little to worry about imo, this would be too ambitious a signing for this club.

Is there something wrong?

Are you feeling ok?

You're awful pissy today for some reason.

Kess73 wrote: »
    If it goes ahead that gives us a front four of

Sturridge, Balotelli , Lambert, and Borini.

Do you not think we will let Borini go now? Or will Borini leaving mean another striker?

Starting 1 up top, I find it hard to believe we'd keep 4 strikers who would be expecting a reasonable number of games. The 4th should be someone like Yesil or Peterson for lesser cup games and to fill the bench...

We're gonna be the tits in FIFA again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

tVpfh7Z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Balotelli when he first arrived at Milan was excellent. Looked like he was going to become one of the best strikers in the world. Last season he started off well but became frustated & didn't perform well in the 2nd half of the season. But he has massive ability & would gurantee at leasr 10-15 PL goals imo.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Small sample of some of the words used to describe Sturridge before he joined:

Lazy, selfish, crap, shoots too much, doesn't track back, no teamwork, immature, arrogant.

The above probably has no small part to play in why I am not against this Balotelli transfer. Rodgers deserves to get a little bit of leeway here before we rush in and despair.

Yeah, fair point and I hope to get any comment rammed down my throat in May.

I wouldn't change my opinion on a player just because he's joining the club though.

Imo, it's another risk

Gbear wrote: »
    Is there something wrong?

Are you feeling ok?

You're awful pissy today for some reason.
    In fairness he has a point. We fuked up Remy,Konoplyanka,Mkhitaryan & Willian deals in the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I'd rather have Balotelli than no striker coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Perfect signing for liverpool every club needs a header and we just sold ours
    Great value at 16 m
    Plus it gives all the complainers plenty to complain about

Imo, it's another risk

Fortune favours the brave ;)

• Advertisement

If this signing happens I wonder if that is it bar a back up keeper.

Defence - Manquillo/Lovren/Moreno

Midfield - Can/Lallana

Attack - Markovic/Lambert/Balotelli/(Origi)

Goes for a lie down....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

MD1990 wrote: »
    In fairness he has a point. We fuked up Remy,Konoplyanka,Mkhitaryan & Willian deals in the last year.

I dont think we f*cked up all those deals:

Remy: 'Failed a medical' or something happened. But the deal was done essentially and we backed out of it for some reason.

Konoplyanka: Met the clubs asking price and chairman wouldnt sign.

Willian: I think he chose Chelsea but we were willing to pay.

Mickey: I think he chose Dortmund but we were willing to pay.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    We needed a top class striker, we got one. If we can get gk cover I reckon this could well go down as our best ever window. He will score goals and probably annoy a lot of rival fans, potentially a fantastic bit of business.

Top class?

I don't think he's even managed 20 goals in a single season has he?

Has he even managed 15 league goals in a season?

Remy - no one knows what happened

Konoplyanka - we meet the buy out, not our fault

Mkhitaryan - we were used to get a CL club/better wages

Willian- see above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I haven't been this excited about a Liverpool signing since Torres. Unfortunately I knew little about Suarez before he signed.

I believe Balotelli could push on and be a very good player for us this year. If he got 12-15 league goals for the price we're paying it'll be a great signing.

The goals will be spread very well this year with quite a few players getting 6-10 goals, mainly Cout, Lambert, Marck, and Gerrard then Lallana and Henderson totalling the same between them.
    Then Sterling and Balotelli getting 12 to 15 and Sturridge with 18-20.

Goes a long way to achieving the goals tally from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How did we **** up any of them?

Mkhitaryan went to a better CL club.
    Willian went to a better CL club.
    We met Konoplyankas release clause but their owner rufused to sign the paperwork.
    The Remy situation is a weird one but the club is right to walk away if it wasn't right.

Awful examples of the club ****ing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If we sign Balotelli and he doesn't score 10+ goals in the PL for Liverpool this season, I'll go naked outside the GPO and post a pic on here.

Lads you just know he's gonna score the winner Monday night against city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Balotelli would be a very good signing for the money. If Rodgers can get him playing and change his mindset a bit he would be worth the gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Mario Balotelli is a tank quite different from what suarez , sturridge and sterling we have strength , composure and agility with our 3 guys , defenders will have a hard time bullying balotelli off the ball and with sterling and sturridge speed we will become a force.

• Advertisement

http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Arsenal-hijack-Liverpool-Balotelli/story-22796722-detail/story.html?
    Manager Arsene Wenger is a fan of the striker and it is thought the former Manchester City man would prefer a move to London.

:mad:

NukaCola wrote: »
    How did we **** up any of them?

Mkhitaryan went to a better CL club.
    Willian went to a better CL club.
    We met Konoplyankas release clause but their owner rufused to sign the paperwork.
    The Remy situation is a weird one but the club is right to walk away if it wasn't right.

Awful examples of the club ****ing up.
    By not signing them of course. Its happened too many times for someone at Liverpool(Ian Ayre) to not partly be at fault.

Be some craic when we sign Falcao tomorrow too! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shane Long + 4million? Can't go wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If we sign Balotelli and he doesn't score 10+ goals in the PL for Liverpool this season, I'll go naked outside the GPO and post a pic on here.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think this was all planned long ago.....

Nobody assigned number 45 this year...

;)

Homless people in liverpool delighted at mario signing

We must have really pised on Arsenals cornflakes with the 40m+1 thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I wouldn't bet against a late Man Utd/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea attempt to sign Balotelli before the deal is done.

Until its done, its never done.

• Advertisement

You'd have to laugh.

I know sources aint great, but this, I presume, would be what Lloyd was on about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement