Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Khedeira and Di Maria ask to leave Madrid.

So that's arsenal and Juve probably.

Looking forward to seeing Khedeiras missus next year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »
    By not signing them of course. Its happened too many times for someone at Liverpool(Ian Ayre) to not partly be at fault.

So because we didn't sign a player over better clubs its classed as a **** up?
    I wonder what you'd class what happened to Spurs with Willian :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shane Long + 4million? Can't go wrong.

I'm sure there's a vast contrast in wages to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Fee agreed with Milan and Balo to be in Liverpool tomorrow to agree wages/medical. If done before 12 he is available for the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colemania wrote: »
    I think this was all planned long ago.....

Nobody assigned number 45 this year...

;)

And on a similar note the number 78 hasn't been assigned to anyone else and that's my chosen squad number! ;)

Just hope Ian Ayre can get the deal done :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    By not signing them of course. Its happened too many times for someone at Liverpool(Ian Ayre) to not partly be at fault.

It was Ian Ayre who scuppered Remys medical with a mickey fin then? er no

It was Ayre who rufused to co sign the transfer of Konoplyanka despite the fee being agreed? er no

It was Ian Ayre who said we're not paying 30 million for Willian? er no

It was Ian Ayre who forgot to tell Mkhitaryan Liverpool were in fact in the Champions League so he went to Dortmund? er no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It was Ayre who rufused to co sign the transfer of Konoplyanka despite the fee being agreed? er no

It was Ian Ayre who forgot to tell Mkhitaryan Liverpool were in fact in the Champions League so he went to Dortmund? er no.

This all leads me to believe that it wasn't Ian Ayre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

When a player is negotiating with a club I would be willing to bet that his agent will let other clubs know the situation.
    They are out for the best deal possible. If LFC fail to sign Balotelli because someone else comes in for him there is nothing that can be done. Sure we can offer and accept terms fast but there is no rush for the player/agent in this situation and they will probably wait for more offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I wouldn't bet against a late Man Utd/Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea attempt to sign Balotelli before the deal is done.

Until its done, its never done.

Arsenal are the only ones who could potentially stand in our way.

Fee agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Penalty shoot outs in cup games should be ok now anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 2m
    £16m fee agreed. Just a case of agreeing personal terms now in terms of Balotelli's move to Anfield #LFC

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

This is an interesting read on Mario

Since his debut in 2013 no player has scored more Serie A goals than Balotelli (26), and only Sturridge (30) and Suarez (37) have scored more Premier League goals during the same period.

http://www.squawka.com/news/luis-suarezs-replacement-is-mario-balotelli-the-man-liverpool-need/161871

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the personal terms will be the stumbling block if there is any.

let's just hope Balotelli is happy with the rumoured £90k a week that's been offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

This is very good from Carragher....
    Jamie Carragher ‏@Carra23 21s
    Balotelli for 16 million million looks good value. But can't help thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With our original £60m summer budget plus our sales so far we had £139m to spend.

So with Balotelli joining it brings our spending up to £117m so far.

£22m left plus whatever we get from sales to go back into the squad.

Not a bad summer at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We may have to offer him 100 grand a week to get him to sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Balo will be a really good signing. Congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Having been totally against it, I find myself falling into the dangerous ground of optimism regarding the Balo signature. It'll certainly make for interesting media...

Having been totally against it, I find myself falling into the dangerous ground of optimism regarding the Balo signature. It'll certainly make for interesting media...

How did you jump from being totally against it to being on board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

We lacked a bit of crazy for a few weeks there, all sorted now it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's as if Rodgers is bored at Melwood since Suarez left. Things are quiet, a little too quiet. Suddenly a lightbulb goes on inside his head......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

This is going to be a really fun season if this comes to pass. cheeky fiver on Mad Mario getting red carded on Monday? wonder what the odds would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Rodgers will be able to handle him, much like Wenger could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We weren't even in the Europa Leauge last season. Would have been some audacious lie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

rarnes1 wrote: »

I'd hazard a guess that he changed his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Balotelli is a 1 in 3 goal scorer if you take away penalties he's probably closer to a 1 in 5 goal scorer.

I'd wait to see if Napoli get knocked out of the CL and then try for Higuain who is a real 1 in 2 goal scorer.

if the choice was only Balotelli and Higuain, i'd pick Balotelli every time... dont rate Higuain at all..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Because he's top class;)

daRobot wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that he changed his mind.

Oh you!

• Advertisement

The thing about signing Balotelli is, its shows that even after losing Suarez, and then missing out on the likes of Sanchez, that we are still relevant.

We are in a better place than we have been for years, in all honesty. Balotelli will only help keep us in the Top 4 and progress in the Cups, no matter what his antics are. He's too good to set us back in any capacity.

He is embracing the madness.

Last summer (when I wasn't here) I scowled at the thought of Suarez being still at the club come Sept 1st and said I'd sit on my hands every time he scored a goal. This induced a case of FHS (Flat-Hands Syndrome) in me so I had to stop (December was particularly painful).

I suspect this will be how it is for quite a few regarding Balotelli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I feel that our chances of retaining our CL place this season have improved as long as Balotelli's temper can be kept in check.

If there is one person who is delighted today, its Fanny. Moving from that cold and dreary hell hole in Milan, to the sunny, buzzing, fashion metropolises that is Liverpool.

She's a lucky girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

He is embracing the madness.

Last summer (when I wasn't here) I scowled at the thought of Suarez being still at the club come Sept 1st and said I'd sit on my hands every time he scored a goal. This induced a case of FHS (Flat-Hands Syndrome) in me so I had to stop (December was particularly painful).

I suspect this will be how it is for quite a few regarding Balotelli.

I remember you (not) saying that. I'm delighted, its a risk but better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

So seems we are stuck with Assaidi now they have taken Moses at Stoke?

sweetie wrote: »

So seems we are stuck with Assaidi now they have taken Moses at Stoke?

20 goals a season guaranteed.

I say loan Assaidi out to Brighton.

• Advertisement

BR talking about Mario in 2012

BvjyJp3IAAAREN-.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I could answer this with another question....how did I persist watching Liverpool through the dark days when they were awful to watch. I am an eternal optimist, I always thinks we're on the verge of things getting better, of patterns changing to go in our behaviour. So now I am thinking that Balo has not yet reached his potential, and his behaviour had been pretty destructive, maybe we will be the club that he settles down in, applies himself, buys into the team spirit thing, thinks "I'll show Milan what a mistake..." etc etc.

Knex. wrote: »
    Balotelli will only help keep us in the Top 4 and progress in the Cups, no matter what his antics are. He's too good to set us back in any capacity.

This. All day long. He WILL score goals, he WILL improve us as a squad and a team, and he MUST improve our chances of Top 4 and CL progresson.

We probably have a stronger squad than Arsenal now, IMO...

Dickerty wrote: »
    This. All day long. He WILL score goals, he WILL improve us as a squad and a team, and he MUST improve our chances of Top 4 and CL progresson.

We probably have a stronger squad than Arsenal now, IMO...

Sturridge Balotelli Sterling v Giroud Sanchez Walcott

Their midfield is better but our defence is better with the signings of moreno and lovern
    Perhaps thats just a blinkered view but roll on 2014/15

• Advertisement

maybe we will be the club that he settles down in, applies himself, buys into the team spirit thing, thinks "I'll show Milan what a mistake..." etc etc.

Or maybe he'll just enjoy his football! Stay out of the limelight, make some good friends, go to the barbers with Sakho, get married and start a family (which he has said he wants to do).

It also shows to other big names that we can handle top players.
    Sakho was a good example of that, had been PSG and France captain, a big name player. We sign very few of them, it puts us on more radars...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

One thing I would say about his signing if it happens is that Rodgers will have to make sure he always keeps one sub in reserve whenever he starts for when he looks like a red card waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I was in Milan last week and my son bought a knock off Italian Balotelli top - blame him :)
    I'm mixed, could work out, could go horribly wrong, but for £16M I think it's worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Knex. wrote: »
    If there is one person who is delighted today, its Fanny. Moving from that cold and dreary hell hole in Milan, to the sunny, buzzing, fashion metropolises that is Liverpool.

She's a lucky girl.

She will love St. John's market great bargains to be got
    Just a pity the grafton is closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I could see this going horribly wrong yet, who knows what him and the agent are looking for in terms of wages.

I could answer this with another question....how did I persist watching Liverpool through the dark days when they were awful to watch. I am an eternal optimist, I always thinks we're on the verge of things getting better, of patterns changing to go in our behaviour. So now I am thinking that Balo has not yet reached his potential, and his behaviour had been pretty destructive, maybe we will be the club that he settles down in, applies himself, buys into the team spirit thing, thinks "I'll show Milan what a mistake..." etc etc.

Fair enough!

I can only go on what I've seen and he'd need to vastly improve both on the pitch and in his head if he's gonna have us challenging for major honours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Thing is relistically if we bring in Balotelli for 16m and sell Borini for 14m it will one best bits of transfer business we have ever done.

It begs the questions though if Balotelli comes and Borini is off , we still require another striker. Is it possible we may sign 2 strikers before the window closes if borni is off?

Dickerty wrote: »
    The Surrey Mirror? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

:D Why do you think I posted it?

I love spotting random click bait from the likes of the Surrey Mirror and Thurrock Gazette

For Super Mario, the pretender

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I am pie wrote: »
    I could see this going horribly wrong yet, who knows what him and the agent are looking for in terms of wages.

Things wouldn't have progressed anywhere near this far if this hadn't already been checked out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement