Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

So it's widely reported that we've agreed a fee of 16m and he's flying to Liverpool to agree personal terms. Excellent news and an excellent bit of business if it goes ahead. He will make our squad and first 11 considerably stronger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just wondering why Spurs are leaving their bid so late.

They're looking at Bony, Falcao, Eto'o and Cavani at the moment. They don't know we're in for Mario yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

IK09 wrote: »
    The real question if we get him is, how much will he cost in Fantasy Premier League?

Nah its more important that he is with us in FM2015 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

according to ssn, he has left ac milan training ground,said his goodbyes, so looks like its on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

dobsdave wrote: »
    according to ssn, he has left ac milan training ground,said his goodbyes, so looks like its on!

On Milan's official website -

"BALOTELLI LEAVES MILANELLO

MILAN - Mario Balotelli drove out of Milanello at 13.30 after saying good-bye to his team-mates and the club's press staff."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great signing by Liverpool.

Potential nutter but undoubtable talent

gafferino wrote: »
    I am sceptical about this but obviously I fully hope he proves me wrong like Sturridge did.

One thing we know is that he wont need time to settle in the PL which is good. IMO this was one of the downfalls of Spurs transfers last season. We will have Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and Ballotelli who shouldnt have this problem.

This is a good point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

dobsdave wrote: »

It's always been on. It whether we get shafted by another club in the time it takes Balotelli to get to Liverpool to sign on the dotted line.

I really can't see this going off without a hitch, particularly with the sum involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jose Mourinho has recalled the amusing story behind a Mario Balotelli red card while both were at Inter.
    In an interview with CNN, the now Real Madrid boss spoke of the challenges in managing Manchester City enigma Balotelli.
    “I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” the tactician noted.
    “I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.
    “Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.
    “I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.'
    “The 46th minute – red card!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This is a good point

And he starts to come around.... :D

Doesn't need to learn the language either, already knows Toure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's all Italian to me but I like his car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At least Steve Peters will be kept busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    His stint with us wasn't actually that bad just GED didn't want him for whatever reason.

We signed Diouf instead....

If we have any sense, we'll be cutting off the phone lines and blocking the roads at Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane.

Don't want another Willian situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Jose Mourinho has recalled the amusing story behind a Mario Balotelli red card while both were at Inter.
    In an interview with CNN, the now Real Madrid boss spoke of the challenges in managing Manchester City enigma Balotelli.
    “I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” the tactician noted.
    “I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.
    “Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.
    “I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.'
    “The 46th minute – red card!”
    Mourinho won't play mind games with Rodgers this season, Balotelli will be the focus of any shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's all Italian to me but I like his car.

He's definitely a more maturer person so, judging by the car he had in Manchester!
    article-0-15F33FC3000005DC-897_634x369.jpg

It's always been on. It whether we get shafted by another club in the time it takes Balotelli to get to Liverpool to sign on the dotted line.

I really can't see this going off without a hitch, particularly with the sum involved.

since when has it 'always been on'?
    It was only rumours up to this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

He's gonna have a dodgy heart, isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

£16 million, what a deal, £90000 a week as well, great deal for us all round. He has his issues but his undoubted talent trumps the shenanigans.

• Advertisement

£16 million, what a deal, £90000 a week as well, great deal for us all round. He has his issues but his undoubted talent trumps the shenanigans.

90k after tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

article_img.jpg

Gonna wait for it to be official before I post a wee gem of a bet I have on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm very much assuming it's fake obviously.

BvkMVSTIcAAgRW1.jpg

Raise ya

OSUadzg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

£16 million, what a deal, £90000 a week as well, great deal for us all round

It's £90,000 a week AFTER tax which equates to £150,000 a week gross according to http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

That should inspire a conversation between Sterling and Sturridge who combined are on less than £150,000 a week if my memory is correct.

Interesting dressing room dynamic for BR to manage.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    It's £90,000 a week AFTER tax which equates to £150,000 a week gross according to http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

That should inspire a conversation between Sterling and Sturridge who combined are on less than £150,000 a week if my memory is correct.

Ben

Always a pinch of salt on wages, that could be in Euro, as many of the European deals are reported as such...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

martyos121 wrote: »
    If we have any sense, we'll be cutting off the phone lines and blocking the roads at Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane.

Don't want another Willian situation.
    :confused:

I think Spurs are done with trying to steal our signings - look how many bullets they took for the club...

Roberto Soldado
    Clint Dempsey
    Erik Lamela
    Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Lewis Holtby

Ben

With Reina and Suarez off the wage bill, there's no reason we can't improve Sterling and Sturridge's contracts. I think 60-75k for Sterling and 90-100k for Sturridge is fair based on their age and contribution to the team. There's always going to be further wage increases as they develop, so they really shouldn't be worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ben

There's been a suggestion of a new contract for both of them for months.

I doubt it'll be a problem. We've shown with Suarez that we're willing to reward players for producing the goods.

No reason to think the lads won't trust the club or that the club would skimp on giving them what they've earned.

Talisman wrote: »
    :confused:

I think Spurs are done with trying to steal our signings - look how many bullets they took for the club...

Roberto Soldado
    Clint Dempsey
    Erik Lamela
    Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Lewis Holtby

Would rather have Lamela than Lallana to be fair.

_77074843_balotelli_pope_getty.jpg

Mario meets Fowler's representatives...

(Aquaman looks on in envy - You had your chance!)

• Advertisement

Would rather have Lamela than Lallana to be fair.

Really? Based on.....?

Dickerty wrote: »
    _77074843_balotelli_pope_getty.jpg

Mario meets Fowler's representatives...

(Aquaman looks on in envy - You had your chance!)

Johnny Depp on the right too. He really blew it at Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fantistic signing taking into acount the price and he is exactly to type of player that we needed ie centre forward but can play wide if needed

Really? Based on.....?

A solid debut season in Serie A followed up with a fantastic season, never mind for such a young player.

One injury-plagued season in a disorganized team does not make Lamela a bad player. Plus he's 4 years younger than Lallana.

On the contrary at least you know Lallana will settle in fine whereas Lamela is a much bigger risk - but he has much greater potential.

Liverpool will pay Balotelli £90k a week to play for them, while Manchester United will pay Nani £120k a week to play for Sporting Lisbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

The more you read about it the more you cant help but like him
    For the birds but v likeable

2NDzj4d.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Wonder will he celebrate much when he gets the winner on Monday night.

Always a pinch of salt on wages, that could be in Euro, as many of the European deals are reported as such...

Correction - £90,000 a week after tax = just short of £170,000 a week gross.

If it's €90,000 a week after tax that equates to €just under €170,000 a week gross or £135,000.

If Mario who is a year (well eleven months) younger than Sturrdige and scores less goals than Sturridge is worth £135,000 a week it would be wise of BR and the club to give Sturridge at least the same deal and bump Sterling up to £90,000 a week BEFORE they have to go asking for it.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

We improve his conversion rate then we have one hell of a player for small beans

4xDZ65N.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

2NDzj4d.png

I cant remember who it was but someone yesterday posted that we need a striker with a bit of arrogance :pac:

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Liverpool will pay Balotelli £90k a week to play for them, while Manchester United will pay Nani £120k a week to play for Sporting Lisbon.

Wrong, the £90,000 being quoted is AFTER tax whereas the £120 you quote for Nani is before tax. Apples and Oranges.

Nani's after tax would be circa £64,000 a week and for tax reasons it is probably better for United/Porto if United pay Nani's wages rather than add the £6m or so onto the cost of Rojo.

Ben

If playing with Balotelli and Sturridge both on the pitch regularly it'll take decent man-management to still get the best out of Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrong, the £90,000 being quoted is AFTER tax whereas the £120 you quote for Nani is before tax. Apples and Oranges.

Nani's after tax would be circa £64,000 a week and for tax reasons it is probably better for United/Porto if United pay Nani's wages rather than add the £6m or so onto the cost of Rojo.

Ben

He is still alot cheaper than paying Falcao £400k before tax just to come close to matching his tax free wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2NDzj4d.png

Brilliant I just love the guy already. Im convinced he is just a troll and playing us all.

Ben

1. it's a joke. no need to be a killjoy. but;
    2. how do you know all of the above?

BvkZfdwIYAE3Af0.jpg

He is still alot cheaper than paying Falcao £400k before tax just to come close to matching his tax free wages.

And that's for sure!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Balotelli is a big upgrade on Borini and Lambert, and for £16m, happy days.
    If he doesnt work out, we still have that famous "war chest" to tear into in the January transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ben

Are you negotiating the deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Ben

Hey Ben,

Serious question here

How the fcuk do you or anyone else here know what Balotelli is or will be paid??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement