Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Delighted with this signing, he is a brilliant striker and hopefully he has matured abit and I think Liverpool will be the perfect fit for him.

He strikes me as someone who thrives on the support of the supporters and once he has that he will give his all and that means he can be exceptional and I think we can give him the backing he craves to succeed, would much rather him than the other the strikers we were linked too.

We have a young team in general and he will feel much better I think with players in and around his own age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »
    The squad has great potential and a man in charge who can channel that potential into big performances. If Balotelli does come in we have arguably the 3rd/4th best squad in the league.

For the first time in fucking years, as well.

I'm delighted with how things have panned out this window, all things considered. (As long as he does sign, that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Is the tax different in Milan? Because there is no way there were paying him €175,000 a week. They wouldn't have the funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

SlickRic wrote: »
    BvkZfdwIYAE3Af0.jpg

Perhaps Ballotelli looked at the Suarez ordeal's and thought, the club stood by him, if I do well, they'll stand by me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

1. it's a joke. no need to be a killjoy.
    Sorry, I'm at work dipping in and out of the thread to see if the Baloteli deal gets done so I have my work head on and I never joke about money ;)
    2. how do you know all of the above?
    All the above what? I either read on here or heard on SSN that the proposed wages were £90,000 after tax and your quote ref Nani being on £120k a week simply has to be before tax. If he was earning £120k after tax it would equate to £227,000 a week before tax or £11.8m a year and there is no way David Moyes and the money guys at Man U gave Nani a five year contract last year making him the highest paid player at the club bar Shrek.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Once Rodgers touches his face with both hands, calls him a 'beautiful boy' and says that he 'has it all', we're bound to finally see the best of Mario.

I have faith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

BenThere wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm at work dipping in and out of the thread to see if the Baloteli deal gets done so I have my work head on and I never joke about money ;)

All the above what? I either read or heard on SSN that the proposed wages were £90,000 after tax and your quote ref Nani being on £120k a week simply has to be before tax. If he was earning £120k after tax it would equate to £227,000 a week before tax or £11.8m a year and there is no way David Moyes and the money guys at Man U gave Nani a five year contract last year making him the highest paid player at the club bar Shrek.

Ben

So basically Ben you know fcuk all like everyone else.

from everything i've seen about the deal is that his wages are 90K a week. no mention of before or after tax.

I would presume that was before tax like everyone elses salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im delighted. a young goalscorer added to the ranks. if anyone is annoyed, they need their heads tested.

brevity wrote: »
    Perhaps Ballotelli looked at the Suarez ordeal's and thought, the club stood by him, if I do well, they'll stand by me as well.

Great point, I think the history of the club, the style of football, the loyalty of the fans, the young age profile of the squad and BR's man management skills will have played a big part in Balotelli deciding LFC was a good club to go to. I'm sure his agent received lot's of calls from moneybag clubs all over the place especially given the £16m transfer fee and the fact he would be a major/marquee singing for a lot of clubs wanting to make a statement of intent.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

MD1990 wrote: »
    Is the tax different in Milan? Because there is no way there were paying him €175,000 a week. They wouldn't have the funds.

Tax rate is pretty much the same (1% difference I think)

Was getting €4.5m net so he was on €175k before tax.

Gonna be on around €230k per week before tax from what I've read so about £180k per week pre-tax.

Explains why the transfer was a bit lower than I expected.

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »

from everything i've seen about the deal is that his wages are 90K a week. no mention of before or after tax.

It's 100% after tax unless you think he's taking a massive pay cut to join, which I can say for a fact that he isn't.

Whether or not it' £90k is another story but I'd imagine it's accurate.

Is it your time of the month or what? I never ever said I "knew" what his deal would be. I've been commenting on the numbers being speculated and the contrast between what they mean if they are on a before or after tax basis. It does make a difference you know and you shouldn't "assume" anything as that just makes an ass of you like that's a hard job ;)

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the "GOSSIP" thread. The hard boring facts thread is that way --->

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

The wages being touted widely by journalists is £4.8m a year gross or £92k a week. There is no way on earth Liverpool will be paying Balotelli £92k a week net, zero chance.

Cheap when compared to what Sanchez/Long/McCormack went for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

MD1990 wrote: »

http://sports.ndtv.com/english-premier-league/news/202692-mario-balotelli-joins-ac-milan-from-manchester-city
    Balotelli, 22, will sign a four-and-a-half-year contract, with an annual net salary of 4.5 million euros, keeping him with Milan until the summer of 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Arsenal fan here great bit of business done lads balotelli is a top player once he gets his head down and Rodgers will be well able for him

The wages being touted widely by journalists is £4.8m a year gross or £92k a week. There is no way on earth Liverpool will be paying Balotelli £92k a week net, zero chance.

Cheap when compared to what Sanchez/Long/McCormack went for

Not trying to rip the piss but I suspect that's exactly what is going to happen :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

RayCun wrote: »

Ah here at least report some reputable site.Looks like you just found the first site after a google search.

At the end of the day none of us know. Going off of what I know about FSG, they won't be easily parted with their cash.

If they are happy to pay whatever the fee/wages are, then it won't hurt the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think him and Sturridge will forge a great partnership on the field and off, both are similar age and share that sort of hip hop culture and both love a laugh.

http://sports.ndtv.com/english-premier-league/news/202692-mario-balotelli-joins-ac-milan-from-manchester-city
    Balotelli, 22, will sign a four-and-a-half-year contract, with an annual net salary of 4.5 million euros, keeping him with Milan until the summer of 2017.

Well, they got that bit wrong, didn't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

joe123 wrote: »
    Ah here at least report some reputable site.Looks like you just found the first site after a google search.

At the end of the day none of us know. Going off of what I know about FSG, they won't be easily parted with their cash.

If they are happy to pay whatever the fee/wages are, then it won't hurt the club.

:rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/30/mario-balotelli-manchester-city-milan
    Balotelli has agreed a four and a-half year contract at the Rossoneri, where he will earn a €5m (£4.3m) tax-free salary and hopes to rebuild a career of promise that had faltered while at City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Not sure if I'm allowed to use the link but regarding Balotelli's current wages The Guardian reported that is was £4.3m Net salary in January 2013.

Debating Balotelli's wages is all well and good more importantly Balotelli's arrival will surely mean that Fanny is coming to Liverpool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

0028673 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed to use the link but regarding Balotelli's current wages The Guardian reported that is was £4.30 Net salary in January 2013.

Debating Balotelli's wages is all well and good more importantly Balotelli's arrival will surely mean that Fanny is coming to Liverpool :D

£4.30?

Get him on the cheap!

That equates to EURO €96,000 a week after tax which = Sterling £76,500 a week after tax and Sterling £76,500 a week after tax = £144,000 a week pre tax.

Top end wages right there and definitely an issue for Sterling and Sturridge but I'd say the club will pro actively nip that in the bud before it becomes an issue.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

When I first heard of this deal I was not happy at all. Bad attitude, laziness and the epitomy of what is wrong with football would be how I describe Balotelli.

However, one thing he does is score goals, and we sorely need that this year. We also have one of the best man-managers in the game and an excellent psychologist at the club. If ever there was a club where Balotelli could dump his attitude and finally fulfill his potential, it's at Liverpool under BR.

For 16m we're getting a striker who scores 15-20 goals a season, has PL experience and is 24. Compare that with 11m for McCormack, 12m for Long and 14m for Borini and we could have the bargain of the century here, IF he can tame his attitude.

Tim will tell if he can do this, but it's a risk I would take and it could turn out beautifully. If not, selling him on for ~10m wouldn't be our biggest transfer mistake.

For those who were getting a bit excited by all the tax talk here's something to calm you all down

The one and only Fanny

2qtamu9.jpg

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Who gives a sh1t about his after-tax wages. This has been a fantastic transfer window for us.

Lovren for Agger - undoubtedly a better option.
    Moreno for Cissokho - future Spain international, brilliant.
    Can for Lucas (you'd assume) - Can will be a top player for us, I have no doubts.
    Markovic for Moses - nuff said!
    Lallana for Alberto - no brainer!
    Lambert for Aspas - already has done more than Aspas did last season.
    Balotelli for Borini - I like Borini, but sorry, he's not even the same league as Balo.

Suarez is a bitter, bitter blow, but this team as a whole is much stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ive seen it mentined that Balotelli is on €4m after tax
    David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal

I don't know what Balotelli's wages at Liverpool will be yet, but at Milan he earned 4 million euro per season after taxes

That would seem more realistic as Milan don't have much money. So 3.2m pounds after tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Will he have to pay the Universal Social Charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

saying goodbye to El-Sharaawy.

BvkeTVZCMAAZ45O.png:large

http://balls.ie/football/why-does-this-liverpool-supporter-have-balotelli-10-on-his-shirt/

This fella doesn't look so silly anymore :pac:

(Even though he'll wear No.45)

I'd take him too

Who gives a sh1t about his after-tax wages. This has been a fantastic transfer window for us.

Can for Lucas (you'd assume) - Can will be a top player for us, I have no doubts.
    Balotelli for Borini - I like Borini, but sorry, he's not even the same league as Balo.

On paper I'd certainly agree.

However it's a bit early to call them all better upgrades. There's bound to be a few flops

Hopefully we snap him up next summer so, to keep Mario company.

• Advertisement

Can being the major one that sticks out for me especially compared to Lucas, very large boots to fill there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

rarnes1 wrote: »
    On paper I'd certainly agree.

However it's a bit early to call them all better upgrades. There's bound to be a few flops

Not sure how anyone could flop when compared to Moses, Alberto, Cissoko or Aspas.
    God we had one dire squad last year

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can being the major one that sticks out for me especially compared to Lucas, very large boots to fill there tbh.

He could do no worse than Lucas' atrocious performance last weekend

DrumSteve wrote: »

To be fair, Lucas hasn't managed to fill his own boots for about two seasons now.

The injury really stifled him, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Last of the Mohicans

• Advertisement

Agree with pretty much all the above but would like Borini to get a shot at being the 4th striker for cup games etc and I definitely think Sterling and Sturridge care what Balotelli's after tax wages are.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Agree with pretty much all the above but would like Borini to get a shot at being the 4th striker for cup games etc and I definitely think Sterling and Sturridge care what Balotelli's after tax wages are.

Ben

I would keep Borini for the league cup and FA cup . Ballotelli and Sturrigde should only play in the league and the champions league .

Knex. wrote: »
    To be fair, Lucas hasn't managed to fill his own boots for about two seasons now.

The injury really stifled him, unfortunately.

I should have added the caveat of Lucas at his best.

Really pity what has happened to him, Lucas is still one of my favourite players to play at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The obligatory Ballotelli compilation from last season with Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

skywalker wrote: »
    Don't get too excited. Chances are it will be Claire Rourke doing the ice bucket challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the "GOSSIP" thread. The hard boring facts thread is that way --->

Ben

Wait, which way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

rossc007 wrote: »
    Wait, which way?

--->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Talisman wrote: »
    Don't get too excited. Chances are it will be Claire Rourke doing the ice bucket challenge.

Are you suggesting that isn't something to get excited over?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So who has the Ballo stats?

Goals last season and how many were penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

noodler wrote: »
    So who has the Ballo stats?

Goals last season and how many were penalties?

I believe that they are that way <--- :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement