Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is he leaning yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

He is currently undergoing his medical
    pJFg3ed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Just one thing about Mario, he'd want to learn how to celebrate.....maybe just a smile or something.....even a Joker from the batman smile, if I had one question for Mario it would be, Why So Serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

he's back around the same time as Suarez i think. im not sure who i miss more tbh.

Neither are Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

IK09 wrote: »
    Just one thing about Mario, he'd want to learn how to celebrate.....maybe just a smile or something.....even a Joker from the batman smile, if I had one question for Mario it would be, Why So Serious?

Does a postman celebrate when he delivers the post?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm a fish. Not going to ask for odds on a tenner. Plus, getting to needle AJ would make up in part for the disappointment of not getting Balotelli. :)

Fish? Sounds more like a baller to me, dishing out money for the **** of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

kfallon wrote: »
    Does a postman celebrate when he delivers the post?

;)

Argah come on!!! The whole team celebrates together these days so he should at least gaze lovingly into someones eyes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Henderson will do all the celebrating for Balotelli.

JORDAN-FA-OLDHAM.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Having watched some highlights of last season, he tends to do a little fist pump like "Yesss", no corner flag stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

gafferino wrote: »
    Is turty gone forever like?

Mod Post: I am sure you are able to PM him if you are that interested in his ban.:)

Folks you know the rules with regards to discussing moderation, bans etc in the open forum. A little bit of thinking before posting will save everyone from some avoidable hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Have we agreed a fee for Balotelli? Where was that officially announced?

Micky Ryan
    The lad Erickson
    Willian
    Kono
    Remy

We'll never know exactly why those deals didn't pan out, but they didn't. You can choose to argue each break down as competitive reality / financial reality / prudence. I'm sure the same reasons will be utilised when the club is defended for letting Balotelli slip through their fingers.

Tbh I don't get why people are so excited by this when they didn't want Sturridge for 12 million. That was far less risky than this.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He is currently undergoing his medical
    pJFg3ed.jpg
    Oh no. Not a problem with his heart ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

MD1990 wrote: »

Just give him a few mushrooms he will be fine.

MD1990 wrote: »

He's a stuffed toy. He doesn't have a heart... :confused:

homolumo wrote: »
    Just give him a few mushrooms he will be fine.

Can you imagine Balo on mushrooms??????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Had a conversation with a work colleague about an hour ago saying I thought Can would start on Monday to give us a big physical presence in midfield against City's 'powerhouses' and I seem to have concocted my own Emre Can 'song' since and can't stop singing it in me head now ffs!

Emre Can, Can,
    Stronger than Didi Hamann,
    Tougher than Steve McMahon,
    Emre Can, Can

Needs more verses before I go off me head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Odds on Puma being the Liverpool shirt sponsor next season?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's a load of rubbish. If Balotelli only scores 7 goals a season he will have been an abject failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Dickerty wrote: »
    Can you imagine Balo kfallon on mushrooms??????
    I seem to have concocted my own Emre Can 'song' since and can't stop singing it in me head now ffs!

Emre Can, Can,
    Stronger than Didi Hamann,
    Tougher than Steve McMahon,
    Emre Can, Can

Needs more verses before I go off me head :pac:

Mushrooms kfallon ? lol

dfx- wrote: »
    If it was that obvious, why was he signed, did he develop a lack of mobility just at Liverpool? How can people watching 4-5 games make that long-term judgement

I think he had more appearances than that but a lot as a sub. He suffered because of the change of style from tiki taka for me. I think we'll make our money back on him anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Any way to watch today's press conference live?

Christ Sinama-Pongolle isn't even 30 yet? Just read he's on trial at Chicago Fire and only 29!

Seems like he's been around forever!

NukaCola wrote: »
    I get ya rarnes but price is important. I know little about transfer strategy but i would bet that BR/FSG/Transfer committee done at least some risk assessment on Mario and price would have definitely been factored in.

I'd say the price and what seems no competition for him now definitely played a big part with him in particular. Put it this way, I don't think the club would over pay for him like arguably Lalana or maybe Lovren to just get the deal done. Indeed the price does make this a risk worth taking as many on here said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Christ Sinama-Pongolle isn't even 30 yet? Just read he's on trial at Chicago Fire and only 29!

Seems like he's been around forever!

CL winner at the age of 20.. I would of thought he be similar age to Gerrard.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    CL winner at the age of 20.. I would of thought he be similar age to Gerrard.

Mad to think of 'that' night v Olympiakos that both him and Neil Mellor were on the scoresheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't get why people are so excited by this when they didn't want Sturridge for 12 million. That was far less risky than this.

Because Balotelli has had games like the European Championship semi in 2012. If we got the best of him he could become a player you build a title winning side around. He really is that talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mod Post: I am sure you are able to PM him if you are that interested in his ban.:)

Folks you know the rules with regards to discussing moderation, bans etc in the open forum. A little bit of thinking before posting will save everyone from some avoidable hassle.

Sorry, wasn't actually aware of that rule.
    Ill keep shtum.

Because Balotelli has had games like the European Championship semi in 2012. If we got the best of him he could become a player you build a title winning side around. He really is that talented.

With all the baggage that comes with it! I suppose Sturridge was criminally under rated at the time, some didn't even want him here and thought we'd over paid. This one is just as likely to go tits up though it's a calculated risk by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's just a shame the club will mess the transfer up though, right?

Anywhere to watch the presser? PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

It's just a shame the club will mess the transfer up though, right?

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

:D:D:D

If you find one, post what he says!

If you find one, post what he says!

Am trying but cant seem to find anything :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

firstly, i've been very much on the fence about Balotelli until it became clear that this was a possibility. when I saw the figures involved, it was hard to not simply be excited.

i believe Rodgers didn't think Balotelli would be a Liverpool player when he made those comments recently. i believe that position changed once he saw the figures involved. it is an absolute no-brainer at that price.

secondly, there's a reason managers have persisted with Balotelli. they're not all idiots. he's a potential world beater.

he has all the talent in the world. it may be mad optimism speaking, but it's similar to the Daniel Sturridge situation. at some point Balotelli has to realise that if he's going to make a proper, lasting impression on football, having a career that will be remember for the right reasons, then there is going to have to be a change in mentality.

now i know Sturridge was not an extreme case, but i'm pretty sure it was made clear to him that Liverpool were offering him one last proper shot making a proper, memorable career for yourself. a similar spiel will have to be made to Mad Mario, and it may need all the persuasion skills that Rodgers has to make it stick.

it's not all about Balotelli, and if he is somehow convinced to buy into that, then this could really be an incredible deal for the club.

it is absolutely a risk worth taking, and i just hope the club don't fúck it up now.

i'm quite confident that we won't this time.

Is the press conference usually on LFCTV?

Is the press conference usually on LFCTV?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Lazar doesn't celebrate his goals either...

Thud wrote: »
    Lazar doesn't celebrate his goals either...

Maybe Lazar can set up Mario, they can stare at each other for 3 seconds after the ball goes in, then just trot back to halfway...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Maybe Lazar can set up Mario, they can stare at each other for 3 seconds after the ball goes in, then just trot back to halfway...

A manly handshake and a pat on the back will do just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

The official website if you have a subscription.

Doesn't seem to have started yet - still seeing the holding screen.

Starting now!

A manly handshake and a pat on the back will do just fine

Yeh, until Skrtel jumps on your shoulders while Hendo is windmilling towards you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Rodgers refusing to talk about Balotelli, as he's not a Liverpool player.

Asked about Balotelli - " I can catagorically tell you that I can't speak about it until the player has signed..."

#banter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Aspas's Twitter was hacked :D

vAtvph5.jpg

BenThere wrote: »
    Snake oil economics

Just as a matter of interest what would Balotelli need to do to make the move a "success"?

Asked about Balotelli - " I can catagorically tell you that I can't speak about it until the player has signed..."

#banter

We should do that on here. Have to agree with slickric, I'd say this was a non runner until they got told the price, seems to be accepted in the press too. I do think it's a gamble worth taking especially if he has calmed down a good bit recently. It really is his last chance at a top club, one that has shown it can turn players like him, well nobody is like him, into super stars.

Just as a matter of interest what would Balotelli need to do to make the move a "success"?

I'd say 10 to 15 PL goals would be acceptable as decent, a couple in the CL would be nice to!

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd say 10 to 15 PL goals would be acceptable as decent, a couple in the CL would be nice to!

If Balotelli scores 15 PL goals he will be signing of the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement