Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

They should give the number 7 shirt to Ian Ayre.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Memphis Depay has extended his contract with PSV until 2018!

We didnt need him anyway ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Memphis Depay has extended his contract with PSV until 2018!

We didnt need him anyway ;)

No but another team with CL ambitions did. They could still land him but it'll cost them more now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Leaning pictures tonight!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Transfer called off because Balotelli refuses to lean for Melwood photographer.

Lloyd, your money is safe.

Knex. wrote: »
    Transfer called off because Balotelli refuses to lean for Melwood photographer.

Lloyd, your money is safe.

Balotelli signs, Lloyd can say he's delighted with the transfer.

Balotelli doesn't sign, he was right all along.

As see through as a pain of glass is Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

That John Henry fella, he'd peel an orange in his pocket!

Seriously though nobody can accuse them of not spending the money

sX2D4Mm.gif

How it feels to follow this club right now.

The editor of GOAL this morning

1347314447-dumpster_diving.jpg

While it is always healthy to take a somewhat sceptical view of the owners of a football club, I think FSG have been a godsend for Liverpool. They have made mistakes but they have learnt from them, which is always the most important thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I really can't wait to use us on FIFA 15!

ASOT wrote: »
    I really can't wait to use us on FIFA 15!

Fastest team in the game for certain . The through ball cheat better not work like it did in fifa 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

MD1990 wrote: »
    Balotelli at Melwood.

BvqFFGYIcAEc8rS.jpg

Raiola has the midas touch.

Fescue wrote: »
    While it is always healthy to take a somewhat sceptical view of the owners of a football club, I think FSG have been a godsend for Liverpool. They have made mistakes but they have learnt from them, which is always the most important thing.

In 4 years Liverpool went from being a bankrupt mid table team to being proper title challengers with a squad packed with quality. That is simply remarkable. Blessed they bought the club to say the least.

Nothing wrong with a few dissenting voices. At the very least they make sure everyone else thinks about the matter at hand more thoroughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ush wrote: »
    Raiola has the midas touch.

Maybe while he is there we can get he to sign a few pre-contracts for next season with Pogba, Matuidi & van der Wiel

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Did Lloyd steal your lunch money or something? You can't go two posts without mentioning him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

In 4 years Liverpool went from being a bankrupt mid table team to being proper title challengers with a squad packed with quality. That is simply remarkable. Blessed they bought the club to say the least.

While buying Carroll and Downing on the way! Very impressive that they sanctioned Carrolls loan and sale that quickly, They took the hit and got on with it. Compare it with Torres and Chelsea!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not to mention we have very little debt and after 2 decades we have finally seen the start of expanding Anfield.

Excellent owners IMO, they will always been in our graces for saving us from administration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

#LFCU21s v Manchester United at Anfield 7 pm

Ward, McLaughlin, Stewart, Williams, Jones, Rossiter, Wilson, Lussey, Ojo, Brannagan, Peterson.

#LFCU21s subs: Maguire, Vigouroux, Canos, Pelosi. Yesil.

rob316 wrote: »
    Not to mention we have very little debt and after 2 decades we have finally seen the start of expanding Anfield.

Excellent owners IMO, they will always been in our graces for saving us from administration.

I'm really happy about that too. The area around Anfield was getting shockingly rough looking. I hope it's a beginning of a regeneration of the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

#LFCU21s v Manchester United at Anfield 7 pm

Ward, McLaughlin, Stewart, Williams, Jones, Rossiter, Wilson, Lussey, Ojo, Brannagan, Peterson.

#LFCU21s subs: Maguire, Vigouroux, Canos, Pelosi. Yesil.

This being shown live?

Slattsy wrote: »
    This being shown live?

It's on BT and lfc TV I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

16m Euros sounds like a steal.....why is he going so cheap? It's not like he had a poor 2013/14 season in Italy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Balotelli: "When I score, I don't celebrate because it's my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"

:D Christ I love this guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

16m Euros sounds like a steal.....why is he going so cheap? It's not like he had a poor 2013/14 season in Italy!

He didn't like the new AC Milan strip for this season and demanded a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

20m euro, 16m pound is the reported fee.

Still very cheap though in today's market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It's €20m plus bonuses as far as I'm aware, so in essence it's exactly what we paid City for him.

He's being sold because Milan have no money, Berlusconi doesn't like him and his wages are a high for us seeing as we're not in the CL.

He's happy to go because Liverpool are in the Champions League, there will be no racism issues in England, he's getting a wage increase (unconfirmed) and he'll have a chance at winning trophies with Liverpool.

There's no "catch" involved here. It's a reasonably good transfer for Milan from a business point of view, it's a good transfer for Balotelli from a career standpoint and it's a good transfer for Liverpool from both a financial standpoint and in footballing terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

To be fair, if I've read LL's posts correctly, he's happy with signing Balotelli, but worried the transfer will fall through before it's all completed...

J.

Nevermind his best goals, this is his best goals from just playing with Inter
    The amount of piledrivers from outside the box is something to behold, he seems to offer something very different to Sturridge just from my constant Youtube stalking of him for the past 2 days. He plays a more withdrawn role and will literally shoot from anywhere. Reminds me of a #7 Liverpool had once upon a time.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

jasonb wrote: »
    To be fair, if I've read LL's posts correctly, he's happy with signing Balotelli, but worried the transfer will fall through before it's all completed...

J.

The club is run by clowns, right, that stick is old. We have done some excellent business in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Deal is done. Everything is agreed and medical passed.
    Will be announced tomorrow after Liverpool have found a fire proof hotel for him to stay in.

BalotelliLetter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The amount of piledrivers from outside the box is something to behold, he seems to offer something very different to Sturridge just from my constant Youtube stalking of him for the past 2 days. He plays a more withdrawn role and will literally shoot from anywhere. Reminds me of a #7 Liverpool had once upon a time.......

Ah yes, Nigel Clough....... :pac:

I wonder does he still have his house in England, He might settle in quicker if he can just move straight back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Was that filmed with a nokia 3300? Bloody hell.

I also really enjoyed the part where he got struck by lightning. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

NukaCola wrote: »
    He didn't like the new AC Milan strip for this season and demanded a move.

We better keep that third kit out of sight until he signs that contract so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No match thread for the U-21 game? :confused: :pac:

You'd prob still get about 50 pages out of it I'd say with the usual headbangers getting their knickers in a twist :P

Rossiter or Lussey need to drop into the space between the CBs to give the keeper a simple pass out, too often Ward is looking for someone and ends up punting it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ojo has looked very lively so far.

• Advertisement

Liverpool starting to get more of the ball and win more fouls higher up the pitch. Oh for a striker.

Sakho was ITK :P

I know it would be an amazing experience for these lads to play at Anfield but it just looks terrible with such a small crowd.

I know it would be an amazing experience for these lads to play at Anfield but it just looks terrible with such a small crowd.

If it were up to me there would be free admission, just get them in when playing at Anfield.

Lussey just off the post.

Ah yeah I'm disappointed for the Utd lads

If it were up to me there would be free admission, just get them in when playing at Anfield.

Lussey just off the post.

Absolutely, a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sakho was ITK :P

Is that a real Nike ad? I only ask because they actually spelled Balotelli's name wrong in the video. :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is that a real Nike ad? I only ask because they actually spelled Balotelli's name wrong in the video. :pac:

It is a real Nike ad from the World Cup.

Whoever uploaded it added their own writing at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Tusky wrote: »
    Balotelli AND Eto'o...I don't know what to say.

Just say yes
    Just say there's nothing holding you back
    It's not a test
    Nor a trick of the mind, only love

• Advertisement

This had me in stitches, best Mario compilation ever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement