Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'd say he's running out of clubs that are willing to take a chance on him!

And at 24 this might be his last chance to push on and reach the bracket of "world class"
    I was'nt overly enthused by the signing, but having seen (the reported) money we payed i think it's worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

50% pay cut wow I am impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I'd say he's running out of clubs that are willing to take a chance on him!

And at 24 this might be his last chance to push on and reach the bracket of "world class"
    I was'nt overly enthused by the signing, but having seen (the reported) money we payed i think it's worth a punt.

Welcome to the Sheeple's Republic Of Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Balotelli signs, Lloyd can say he's delighted with the transfer.

Balotelli doesn't sign, he was right all along.

As see through as a pain of glass is Lloyd.

Because that would be my opinion with the two possible outcomes? I have been consistent in saying I would love him to sign!

I'd be shocked if he's taking that big a pay cut.

There's probably big bonuses for him or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Whether he's a bargain or not is yet to be decided but well worth the punt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because that would be my opinion with the two possible outcomes? I have been consistent in saying I would love him to sign!

And if he doesn't sign, as you expect, then you are able to slate the club and say you were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't really care if it is £16 or £12 million. But are a very good price for Balotelli.

Time will tell if he can fill that potential now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

There's no way Balotelli was on 200k at Milan

http://sports.ndtv.com/english-premier-league/news/202692-mario-balotelli-joins-ac-milan-from-manchester-city
    Balotelli, 22, will sign a four-and-a-half-year contract, with an annual net salary of 4.5 million euros, keeping him with Milan until the summer of 2017.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1506221-manchester-city-reportedly-agree-to-sell-mario-balotelli-to-ac-milan
    It's even more likely now because Balotelli has offered to reduce his salary to 4m euros a year. This will probably mean they'll be able to close the deal because the difference between what City want and what Milan want to give is 2-3m euros.

It looks like Mario himself is trying to make the deal happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

£12m fee. £80,000 a week.

This seems too good to be true.
    Not if it's £80,000 a week after tax as that equates to over £150,000 a week pre tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That's 90,000 euros a week. Not sure if the Italian tax rate is 50%, so that could easily be 130K/140K depending on the rate

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

He gets an additional 2m per year in performance and behavioural bonuses, so not really a pay cut as long as he behaves etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Who cares who said what. We are building a potentially fantastic squad and above anything else balotelli brings excitement something that has been missing since LS left and I think that's great for the morale of the squad.

He can be the best in the world if he wants and hopefully Anfield is the place that brings his potential to the fore.

A point I think people miss about him is that all his mangers before have been strict with discipline as they where a few generations older than him. I think BR is youthful enough to maybe understand young professionals more so and that is why is as successful with youthful players as he has been.

As for questioning the running of the club? it should always be questioned and kept an eye on. It was not too long ago where it was a reality that administration was lurking and as we saw with teams like Leeds utd it can happen without notice and spiral at a very quick rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd say what happened is that City were still paying him off on his original contract, think that was reported as being around 180k per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BenThere wrote: »
    Not if it's £80,000 a week after tax as that equates to over £150,000 a week pre tax.

Reports of a 50% pay cut so stop with the pre/post tax stuff please! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

And if he doesn't sign, as you expect, then you are able to slate the club and say you were right.

Because I would believe the club to be deserving of criticism in such an outcome!

A thread full of accountants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He didn't think the club would close the deal, not that it really matters, he got it wrong.

Encouraging as said before about the drop in wages, but it does show you how difficult it is to get a player of his quality for us.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Gerrard is on £150k a week does that mean we are really paying him £300k a week?

Utd are paying Ronney £300k a week does that mean they really pay him £600k a week?

Since you seem to think every wage named is after tax.

Vinz Mesrine should change his name to Unlucky Lloyd - The voice of Treason.......would make for a strange thread dynamic!

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    A thread full of accountants!

It's unreal.

English press don't really report wages as net though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because I would believe the club to be deserving of criticism in such an outcome!

And I trust you will praise the club if the unthinkable does happen and he does sign.

Vinz Mesrine should change his name to Unlucky Lloyd - The voice of Treason.......would make for a strange thread dynamic!

In my time here I have seen Lloyd be wrong a helluva lot more than he has been right but time after time he wheels out that high horse and climbs aboard.

Reports of a 50% pay cut so stop with the pre/post tax stuff please! :P
    How can you ever get bored of pre/post tax discussions on a football thread????

He's worth 80k a week but not 82k

rarnes1 wrote: »

80k + 1p.

In my time here I have seen Lloyd be wrong a helluva lot more than he has been right but time after time he wheels out that high horse and climbs aboard.

I was only kidding around, but seriously, everyone here gets things wrong. The thread works better if you don't get too personal. We all want the best for the club at the end of the day.

K-9 wrote: »
    80k + 1p.

Pre tax or post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ah come on...not a pound over 40 million!

Am I playing this game right???

• Advertisement

So Gerrard is on £150k a week does that mean we are really paying him £300k a week?.
    Nope as the accepted protocol for reporting salaries is on a Gross i.e. pre tax basis.
    Utd are paying Ronney £300k a week does that mean they really pay him £600k a week?
    Nope, see above.

It's only relevant here because Balotelli's reported wages are for whatever reason being quoted on a an after tax basis which is OK providing you understand the implications of that.

Pre tax or post?
    Now you're getting real ;)

Nope as the accepted protocol for reporting salaries is on a Gross i.e. pre tax basis.

Nope, see above.

It's only relevant here because Balotelli's reported wages are for whatever reason being quoted on a an after tax basis which is OK providing you understand the implications of that.

He is £200k cheaper a week than Falcao on loan.

He is £200k cheaper a week than Falcao on loan.

As a fan, give me Falcao every day of the week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What's the story with Eto'o so, will he sign too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

All this talk of Super Mario's wages has me thinking back to this :

payslipliverpool_450x250.jpg

Who cares what he is getting payed, if he starts banging in goals I'll be quick to shut up giving out about it... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    All this talk of Super Mario's wages has me thinking back to this :

payslipliverpool_450x250.jpg

QED :D

I'd say FSG and people in the real world care about spunking an extra £10m a year :rolleyes:

Nope, see above.

Where is this reported?

Guardian saying it was Mario or Eto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augmerson wrote: »
    What's the story with Eto'o so, will he sign too?
    According to the Guardian it's either Balotelli or Eto'o, Rodgers has a meeting with Balotelli tomorrow morning to assess whether he will be able to manage him. If there's no back chat and Rodgers likes what he hears then Balotelli will sign on Monday otherwise it'll be Eto'o.

This does throw up the possibility that Remy didn't pass the Rodgers test and that's how he failed the medical.

Nope, see above.

All that is mentioned is he is taking a 50% nothing in any press release is saying anything about net or gross pay.

You seem to be the only person saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

This thread really needs some football and soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Talisman wrote: »
    According to the Guardian it's either Balotelli or Eto'o, Rodgers has a meeting with Balotelli tomorrow morning to assess whether he will be able to manage him. If there's no back chat and Rodgers likes what he hears then Balotelli will sign on Monday otherwise it'll be Eto'o.

This does throw up the possibility that Remy didn't pass the Rodgers test and that's how he failed the medical.

Right. Hopefully it's Super Mario. Would prefer him to Eto'o, though having Eto'o as a backup (a very expensive one though) would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

5live wrote: »
    This thread really needs some football and soon.
    Liverpool U18's v Derby County is on LFCTV tomorrow @ 11:30. Is that soon enough?

Tony Barrett, The Times

On top of his £90,000-a-week basic salary, Balotelli will earn an additional £40,000 a week if he meets a series of objectives on and off the pitch, ranging from the number of goals he scores to ensuring he is not absent from training without a valid excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Talisman wrote: »
    Liverpool U18's v Derby County is on LFCTV tomorrow @ 11:30. Is that soon enough?

An Under 18's game at 11:30 on a Saturday morning?
    Too much excitement for me. I'll nervously watch the highlights.

Tony Barrett, The Times

On top of his £90,000-a-week basic salary, Balotelli will earn an additional £40,000 a week if he meets a series of objectives on and off the pitch, ranging from the number of goals he scores to ensuring he is not absent from training without a valid excuse.

So is he actually getting a pay increase? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So is he actually getting a pay increase? :pac::pac:

Depends on whether they are net or gross figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Tony Barrett, The Times

Gotta love the oul turn-up-for-work bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Tony Barrett, The Times

'My dog ate my fireworks, then I couldn't start my car because I had no petrol'

:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement