Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

+1
    I think the fact that BR or the team had not been in this situation before was the issue in the end. The setup and mentality for the Chelsea game wasn't pragmatic enough. In this I believe they were in a strange way constricted by the run of victories as in that brought its own pressure to extend and not change from what was working.
    I don't necessarily see Pellegrini as having said they bottled it, the paper took it that way for the headline. Believing the team would fall short is how he had to proceed . When I was walking down the road after the Chelsea game I was gutted, disappointed but not particularly surprised. I don't think they bottled it just were not up to it in the first place experience wise, well at least not bottled it like Keegans Newcastle.
    I like how both managers carry themselves and refrain from constantly commenting on others. Maintaining that level of dignity with the end of seanon pressure is an admirable quality as Wenger has demonstrated for so long.
    BR has me rather conflicted, I think he is very clever, huge into self promotion, building himself into the fabric of the clubs image for the long haul. His rhetoric makes me rather queasy at times but I wouldn't swap him for anyone as I think he is clever enough to gain the experience to deal with the pressures each new level brings.
    It takes some courage to set out the mission as he has.
    ( sorry for the ramble, that's just me, won't happen often though)

Last 16 games

Drew 2

lost 1

won 13

scored 48 goals

In no way would any manager change that mentality especially to play a Chelsea team that were dipping in and out of form. BR is building a mentality that incorporates a dynamic attacking philosophy that has produced stunning scintillating football at times. I would rather he stick to that than the absolute ****e football that JM produces to win games and he JM does not give a ****e about youth development and bringing young lads through and giving them a chance, if Sterling was a Chelsea player he would be playing for Derby now or some team like that and would not have grown into the player he has become now.

Last year really bypassed mine and probably everyone else's expectations and it was a joy to watch this team and to me we lost nothing but gained everything: a new found respect from teams that challenge, hope again from the fans, our club being restored etc etc etc

We 'lost' the league because we didn't have the squad to change the players that were absolutely knackered towards the end of the season, it wasn't bad luck, it wasn't because tactics failed it was because we just didn't have the players on the bench with the relevant qualities to change a game when it needed to be changed.

In saying that BR is doing a great job but he has to now win something in the next two seasons or he will become another statistic, because challenging is one thing but trophies is what LFC is about and that is what is demanded and rightfully so by the supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So Alex Song? If this Balotelli thing is happening let's press on and supplement the midfield options.

Completely agree. If he really is available on loan it's a no brainer. We'd have a fantastic squad if we were to get him.

We would genuinely have 2 quality players for each position (bar keeper) and not only that but talent which can help change a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don't forget if Song doesn't move in this transfer window he is stuck at Barca for the next season and a half at the very least with the transfer ban.

So he may want out as well to get games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Don't forget if Song doesn't move in this transfer window he is stuck at Barca for the next season and a half at the very least with the transfer ban.

Surprised if they let him go especially if they cant buy anyone for the guts of a year and half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I Thought they would be banned from buying players,are they banned from selling or cancelling contract s or is it just as they cant buy you think they would not Do either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

sword1 wrote: »
    I Thought they would be banned from buying players,are they banned from selling or cancelling contract s or is it just as they cant buy you think they would not Do either

All transfers I thought in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rumours that Barca are willing to let Song go for free. A player we should be looking at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I've had that Falco 'Amadeus' song in my head for the last week, thanks to this thread and the Falcao rumours.

So how about this to the same tune:

Balo-telli, Balo-telli
    Uh-oh oh, Balo-telli, Balo-telli,
    Uh-oh oh, Balo-telli

Simple, but would really catch on - a la Depeche Mode and Suarez.

This is the only thing I can think of when I recall that Amadeus song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't think Song would really give us what we are looking for.

A case of more of the same.

I think Schneiderlin, for example, is a superior player and would add a lot more to our team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Quotes on twitter from Balotelli's agent saying

They both know its his last chance at a big club.

Mario just needs to be allowed play his game.

Without the burden of leadership, he'll be a better player. He's not ready to lead a team which is why his performances dropped with Milan

Negotiations have been going for 3 months and they haven't spoke to any other English teams.

On my phone/ too lazy to link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rumours that Barca are willing to let Song go for free. A player we should be looking at.

For a song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't think Song would really give us what we are looking for.

A case of more of the same.

I think Schneiderlin, for example, is a superior player and would add a lot more to our team.
    Don't agree he has more mobility than Lucas & Gerrard . Excellent passer of the ball & won't get caught out of position like Gerrad can in the DM role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Don't agree he has more mobility than Lucas & Gerrard . Excellent passer of the ball & won't get caught out of position like Gerrad can in the DM role.

Just wanted to quickly say I don't know if you watched song for arsenal but he was constantly found out of position up the pitch.

He's pretty slow so would always be struggling to get back.

Wenger let him go without any fight, he really isn't all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Without the burden of leadership, he'll be a better player. He's not ready to lead a team which is why his performances dropped with Milan

Negotiations have been going for 3 months and they haven't spoke to any other English teams.

I'm very confident mario will be a huge hit here and finally realise his massive potential. This is a club he can flourish in under a great man manager and a wonderful team spirit.
    Strikers generally do very well here too.

Should have no problem settling, he knows the league and area well. He is away from the sickening racism he was subjected to in Italy and surrounded by many like him young black men.

Such an exciting signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Alex Song?? Fúck right off, he's useless.
    i'd rather keep Lucas, thats how bad Song is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Get Khedira in for 8 million, that'll do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Slattsy wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

That's their gossip roundup from various papers. It's the Mirror actually claiming Etoo has signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surprised if they let him go especially if they cant buy anyone for the guts of a year and half.

Apparently the fans voted him there worst signing ever. They are happy to get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

rob316 wrote: »
    Apparently the fans voted him there worst signing ever. They are happy to get rid.

Link/reference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Alex Song is not the quality of player we should be looking at in my opinion.

There is enough quality in the squad now that we should only be looking for players who are a significant upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Song isn't a dm really either so he'd just be playing the roles the like of hendo/allen/can and even coutinho play. I think rodgers is going for the juve model midfield of an ageing but still very good deep lying playmaker and two energetic big engine centre mids beside em. Until gerrard retires we aren't going to have a big unit breaking up play ala masch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just wanted to quickly say I don't know if you watched song for arsenal but he was constantly found out of position up the pitch.

He's pretty slow so would always be struggling to get back.

Wenger let him go without any fight, he really isn't all that.

Definitely have to agree with JS here.

Furthermore, he can't actually play DM. Certainly not isolated, as Gerrard does for us now, that's for sure.

I don't see him bringing much more to the table than Allen, Can, or Henderson, tbh. Could even add Coutinho and Lallana to that list.

We need something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Been a bit of a mad transfer window.

Don't think I have ever seen such a mix of quality and potential arrive in one window.

One thing is for sure, we have certainly targeted nearly all of the positions we should have. We as supporters may not agree with all of the signings, but the club certainly have been proactive this window.

Ayre gets a lot of stick when we miss out on targets, but some of the prices being quoted for wages and fees this window have me giving the guy a lot of kudos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

That's impressive, if it's true. Berlusconi was adamant that another English team were in for him before the World Cup.

The Mig wrote: »
    Ian Ayre deserves a new Harley
    Instead the club are boing to poor an ice bucket over him. :)

Ian Rush nominated him for the challenge yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Liverpool Academy vs Derby County is on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Whatever about all the pages about Balotelli.
    Why has 'Harry Palmr' changed his avatar?
    Its a bit late in the day to pull the wool over everyones eyes at this stage.
    Bring back tweety

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Bvt-wFmIcAA-TM0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Get Khedira in for 8 million, that'll do it!

I would 'cream' my jocks if we got Khedira in.....

There I said it :o

Slattsy wrote: »
    The only benefit I could see Song offering over Lucas is his height advantage.

Liverpool 0-1 Derby. :mad:

Jesus, our U-18s are Terrible.

They keep on losing the Ball. We could have easily been 0-3 down right now.

Was thinking of a crowd chant, the tune of Rocking all over the World by Status Quo for Super Mario.

And he scores and he scores and scores when he wants when he likes
    Ooohhh Super Mario!

Talisman wrote: »
    Berlusconi was adamant that another English team were in for him before the World Cup.

Berlusconi is a man known for telling the truth :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augmerson wrote: »
    Was thinking of a crowd chant, the tune of Rocking all over the World by Status Quo for Super Mario.

Ooohhh Super Mario!

Status Quo are big utd fans and did one of their cup final songs, so no.

Derby's Offrande Zanzala is causing our Defense, so many Problems.

How many of the U-16 players are in the team? Last week they lost 7-1 to Stoke and Derby are a much better side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Couldn't play worse if they tried Raif .

How many of the U-16 players are in the team? Last week they lost 7-1 to Stoke and Derby are a much better side.

I don't know.

I only know 3 Players, on that Team (Kent, Canos, Sinclair). And I think, all 3 of them are 17yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Augmerson wrote: »

Ooohhh Super Mario!

Prefer the idea of all of Anfield doing the theme tune from Super Mrio Bros. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ayre gets a lot of stick when we miss out on targets, but some of the prices being quoted for wages and fees this window have me giving the guy a lot of kudos.

It's great to be a red at the moment, heaven knows when we'll have as exciting a transfer window again.

See what I did there Kess :P

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

That's impressive, if it's true. Berlusconi was adamant that another English team were in for him before the World Cup.

He was adamant that an English club was in for him, based on what Raiola has said I presume that Liverpool had possibly made an enquiry about Balotelli or mooted interest before the World Cup and that Berlusconi was aware of the interest.

Hard to know if what Raiola said about the 3 months is true. Berlusconi is a liar but would have had nothing to gain by lying about that.

Pity he's not available Monday but it's probably for the best.

5starpool wrote: »
    Status Quo are big utd fans and did one of their cup final songs, so no.

AH ****.

Quite likes the Quo. Back to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

mosstin wrote: »
    Eh, no they're not. That's the gossip column - an aggregate of the news stories even Twitter would consider far fetched.

Taken out of context mosstin.... It's BBC official fb page-
    You and the 7 others might have not noticed the exclamation mark at the end of my post.
    God forbid a user posts up some club related content from a senior organisation such as the BBC .

Liverpool 1-1 Derby. :D

Horrible Ref, gave us a Straight Red. When he didn't even give some Bad Challenges made by Derby on our Players, a Yellow.

Liverpool 1-2 Derby. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool 1-2 Derby. :mad:

Meh. Senior side results are the ones that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8-10 wrote: »
    Meh. Senior side results are the ones that matter

Results yes performance matters at all levels.

2-2 right now, good team goal apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement