Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Talisman wrote: »
    Nobody! We only have 23 players (including Assaidi) that require registration. The players under 21 don't require registration : Sterling (19), Can (20), Suso (20), Markovic (20), Manquillo (20), Robinson (20), Ibe (18). Next season we may have that headache to worry about.

I'm going only from my knowledge of Football Manager, but don't under 21's have to be at the club for 2 seasons before they qualify as U21 for CL?

Which means that Can, Markovic, Manquillo will have to be registered..

Open to correction of course..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Results yes performance matters at all levels.

2-2 right now, good team goal apparently.

Agree with that though I don't watch underage Liverpool games. If 1 or 2 players progress to first team I'll see them there, otherwise I'm wasting my time watching future championship players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Liverpool 1-2 Derby. :mad:

Haha, chill out mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I'm going only from my knowledge of Football Manager, but don't under 21's have to be at the club for 2 seasons before they qualify as U21 for CL?

Page 29 would suggest you're spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Mario Balotelli. Oh my, I cannot wait to see him play. I haven't been this excited about a player in a long time.

It will probably all end in disaster but its going to be a hell of a ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Liverpool sign Balotelli, Stewart Downing scores, it's been one crazy week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any sign of leaning photos yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Kess73 wrote: »
    Prefer the idea of all of Anfield doing the theme tune from Super Mrio Bros. :D

My thoughts exactly
    De de de
    de de de de de
    De de de de
    De de de de de
    Boing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Joao Carlos Scores again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

2 in 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

suso as well if you keep/name him. ibe may need to go on the A list too

then if you're naming 17 non HG, you can only name 4 association trained players.
    jones(?), johnson, henderson, allen, lallana, sturridge, lambert, borini(?) are all association trained

CL rules are a bit tougher than the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Apparently all our signings are "average" or "mediocre" even though most of them haven't even played a minute of competitive football for the club yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apparently all our signings are "average" or "mediocre" even though most of them haven't even played a minute of competitive football for the club yet.

And we could be down to 7th by the end of today. Joke of a club. Rodgers out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And we could be down to 7th by the end of today. Joke of a club. Rodgers out.

Seventh isn't that bad, just ask United.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some Lucas news, although not sure of the reliability of the source.

http://www.football-italia.net/54789/napoli-agree-lucas-leiva-terms
    Sportmediaset claim Napoli have agreed terms with Liverpool for Lucas Leiva on loan with option to buy.

According to the Italian sources, a deal has been struck with the Reds to reunite Lucas with his old Coach Rafa Benitez.

Napoli would pay €2m to have the Brazilian midfielder on loan for one season, plus an option to buy for a further €10m in July 2015.

Also according to someone on twitter Balotelli is at Melwood in full LFC training gear. No picture though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Seventh isn't that bad, just ask United.

Big Andy will get West Ham higher than 7th come on lads.

Ok here's a new one but it's a bit average. The tune of that WWF song Wrestlemania that came out in the 1990s.

Ohhhh ohhhhh Mario Balotelli (or just Super Mario)
    He finds the back of the net
    (Just like that, Just like that!)

Here is a nice clear unambiguous picture of Balotelli in a Liverpool training kit.

Bvu_UShIYAA2FwD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Alberto is starting for malaga, had a good pre season by all accounts so it will be interesting to see how he fares this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5starpool wrote: »
    Here is a nice clear unambiguous picture of Balotelli in a Liverpool training kit.

Bvu_UShIYAA2FwD.jpg

Is that Lucas looking in the window :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Malaga Game with Luis Alberto is now starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

luis alberto Is Starting For malaga This Evening.

jenno86 wrote: »
    luis alberto Is Starting For malaga This Evening.

Is This A Thing We Are All Doing Now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I would be seething if Liverpool lost a goal in the fashion that Arsenal just did, foul and offside all in the one goal, ouch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I would be seething if Liverpool lost a goal in the fashion that Arsenal just did, foul and offside all in the one goal, ouch.

No beach ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Luis Alberto with the Goal. A Rebound of his Pen. Malaga 1-0 Bilbao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Regardless, they can have few complaints. It was the last Everton deserved. Sanchez off at H/T too.

mosstin wrote: »
    Regardless, they can have few complaints. It was the last Everton deserved. Sanchez off at H/T too.

That wouldn't console Arsenal fans I'm sure!

I just hate losing to terrible ref decisions, and there was 2 in the one move there that were very obvious to see as the ref or lino.

A couple that piss me off is Sterling offside against City last year and I think the season before last Suarez scored a winner against Everton late on, only for the lino to put his flag up 10 seconds later, pretty much cowering to the Everton fans behind him.

That wouldn't console Arsenal fans I'm sure!

I just hate losing to terrible ref decisions, and there was 2 in the one move there that were very obvious to see as the ref or lino.

A couple that piss me off is Sterling offside against City last year and I think the season before last Suarez scored a winner against Everton late on, only for the lino to put his flag up 10 seconds later, pretty much cowering to the Everton fans behind him.

Yeah, funnily enough those two decisions still gall me too. We deserved something out of both those games though. For Wenger, the second goal will be a convenient excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

True, if that Sterling goal had been given, we'd be Champions right now.
    The draw would've meant 1 extra point for us and 2 less for City.

True, if that Sterling goal had been given, we'd be Champions right now.
    The draw would've meant 1 extra point for us and 2 less for City.

Don't go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As long as wenger remains at arsenal they will amount to nothing consistently found out in the big away games. 4th is there level again, no bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

My Utd loving cousin just nominated me for the ice bucket challenge.

w*nk*r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stargate wrote: »

The fans are going to love him :)

My Utd loving cousin just nominated me for the ice bucket challenge.

w*nk*r

You do know it's not mandatory, don't you?

5starpool wrote: »
    You do know it's not mandatory, don't you?

Yeah I do. Still I was hoping not to get nominated at all

Yeah I do. Still I was hoping not to get nominated at all

Surely just donate and avoid all that Facebook nonsense?

• Advertisement

I know. Like I say. I was just hoping not to get a nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

United look like they are getting Di Maria. World class signing for them. Granted that have midfield issues to address but if they get vidal on top of that all of sudden they have an amazing team there. Absolutely gutted di maria has gone to utd.The kind of spending they are doing is what is wrong with football.200m in the last 12 months id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

viper006 wrote: »
    United look like they are getting Di Maria. World class signing for them. Granted that have midfield issues to address but if they get vidal on top of that all of sudden they have an amazing team there. Absolutely gutted di maria has gone to utd.The kind of spending they are doing is what is wrong with football.200m in the last 12 months id say

He's a great player, but they're overpaying for him, and I don't see where he fits into their system. Hardly going to play him alongside Herrara in midfield, are they?

Do Maria would be a great signing for anyone but he's not exactly what they need. They've done nothing to address the gaping holes in their defence and they still don't have a decent ball winner in midfield. As for spending, we've been pretty generous ourselves no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

They don't need him, he won't make a single bit of difference to their appalling defence and budweiser weak midfield. Just another attacker added to an already packed area.

TBH, I don't like the idea of Utd getting Di Maria, a class player is a class player, I'd rather no class players went to UTD.

• Advertisement

And if we did it? If Liverpool spent 200m (you say) on players, would we be ruining football?

As much as I'd love the club to win the league, FA Cup and CL with a squad assembled from locals around 3km near the ground, it won't happen. And nowadays you have to spend money to attract top talent. United have to do it now because Ferguson left them up **** creek. Refusing to spend because there was no value in the market nonsense.

We are moving in the right direction with the approach that we currently have with Rodgers and FSG but remember back to the club when Dalglish was given full reign? I think we spunked nearly a 100m....and that was on players like Carroll, Downing and Adam :O It's what happens when you neglect positions in your side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Di Maria is a huge upgrade on any winger United have, so its a pity if they do get him.

Di Maria going to Utd could very well have the same effect as Mata.

Great player but it's a signing to keep the fans from crying rather than a signing that the team actually needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Reports are that Di Maria is the first of 3 signings to be made this week. It looks like the midfield issue will be addressed also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

mav79 wrote: »
    Di Maria is a huge upgrade on any winger United have, so its a pity if they do get him.

Scoring goals was never going to be an issue for them this season with RVP, Rooney and Mata. He won't help them an inch in defence, I'd be much more worried if they had signed a world class defender.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement