Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

rob316 wrote: »
    As long as wenger remains at arsenal they will amount to nothing consistently found out in the big away games. 4th is there level again, no bottle.

Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Good man.

Yep, 3 points for an assist there for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Malaga won 1-0 over Bilbao. It descended into Madness near the end.

Malaga got 2 Players sent off.

And Bilbao was Disallowed a late Equalizer by the Ref. Which when viewed on Replay, didn't seem to be any Wrongdoing by Bilbao.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Alberto in that Game. Specially, when he took on Players and Dribbled past them. I didn't know, he had that in his Locker.

Anyway, Sevilla vs Valencia has just begun and Aspas is starting. I wonder if he'd take the Corners for them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Good man.

In fairness it doesn't differ too much to what Gooner fans were saying themselves during the match.

And Bilbao was Disallowed a late Equalizer by the Ref. Which when viewed on Replay, didn't seem to be any Wrongdoing by Bilbao.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Alberto in that Game. Specially, when he took on Players and Dribbled past them. I didn't know, he had that in his Locker.

Anyway, Sevilla vs Valencia has just begun and Aspas is starting. I wonder if he'd take the Corners for them. :D

It would be nice to see him turn a corner alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not only that, but it was the goalkeeper who scored the disallowed goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everton/Arsenal draw on balance probably the best result form LFC POV

Ozil was how much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Not only that, but it was the goalkeeper who scored the disallowed goal

Yup.

But then again, I thought that the 2 Sending-offs Malaga got, were Harsh. So maybe the Ref did a little "Balancing Act" in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

mosstin wrote: »
    It would be nice to see him turn a corner alright.

Not if he keeps drink driving he wont!!

Ozil was how much ;)

Wenger never seems to play him in his best position. Which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ozil was how much ;)

Your fascination with Ozil is weird.

Soups123 wrote: »

It's positively wide eyed.

Do you have an alarm?

Do you have an alarm?

I don't need one it's every 5 minutes.

I don't need one it's every 5 minutes.

Its exactly twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Your avoidance of addressing the issue in favour of attacking the poster is telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

While Ozil has the qualities to be a fine player, I think he is one of the most over rated players in the EPL and in terms of value had a poor first season at Arsenal. If i was an Arsenal fan I'd be expecting him to step it up.

NukaCola wrote: »
    While Ozil has the qualities to be a fine player, I think he is one of the most over rated players in the EPL and in terms of value had a poor first season at Arsenal. If i was an Arsenal fan I'd be expecting him to step it up.

Compare him to Coutinho, say, who was bought cheaply but has been frequently excellent in a similar position. Still time but I thought Ozil was going to be very special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Personally, I think he's physically and mentally weak and can't cope with the demands of the premier league. My money is on him being moved on to Spain or Italy next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Wenger never seems to play him in his best position. Which is great.

The longer wenger stays at arsenal the better for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

niallo27 wrote: »
    The longer wenger stays at arsenal the better for liverpool.

He's been there since 1996 and Liverpool finished ahead of him how many times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Brilliant manager but he is holding arsenal back. Things have gone stale. That's my opinion anyway. I'm not looking to rise arsenal fans.

5live wrote: »
    Your avoidance of addressing the issue in favour of attacking the poster is telling.

What needs to he addressed he offered no opinion other the referring to value?

Anyway pointless in here, Ozil debate is for the Arsenal thread

Edited to say relax on the drama I didn't attack a poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Eh........ Maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    Eh........ Maths!

Sounds like a job for Glen Johnson. It's the only job I'd give him mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sounds like a job for Glen Johnson. It's the only job I'd give him mind.

Typical attitude of this thread slating Johnson. The guy can still help this team.

Collecting the footballs and training cones from the training pitch, emptying the bins, washing the kits etc plenty of area's where he can adapt, learn and improve on.

It's bloody torture waiting till Monday night for a game. We don't have a great record in Monday night games either or am I just imagining that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

It's bloody torture waiting till Monday night for a game. We don't have a great record in Monday night games either or am I just imagining that?

One of out greatest ever games was a Monday night.

4-3 against the Magpies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Decent day for our loanees. Apparently Wisdom had a very good game too. Teixeira has really hit the ground running for Brighton which is great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Scoring goals was never going to be an issue for them this season with RVP, Rooney and Mata. He won't help them an inch in defence, I'd be much more worried if they had signed a world class defender.

We had no defence last year and nearly won the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We had no defence last year and nearly won the league.

But we had a great manager, they didn't!

LOAN WATCH

Texieria - 84 mins and a goal in 2-1 win for Brighton
    Wisdom - (West Brom) Full game in 0-0 draw with Soton
    Alberto - Played 75m and scored the only goal with peno re-bound for Malaga win
    Origi - Came on as a sub at 73 mins with side 1-0 up, Lille won 2-0
    Smith - Played 82 mins as left wing back in 2-0 home win for Swindon Town
    Ilori - Bordeaux, did not play

also this
    Retweeted by RedMen Compilations
    Liverpool Stuff @anfield_stuff
    Utrecht are close to completing a deal for Kris Peterson. (Via @ViktorFagerLFC )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Compare him to Coutinho, say, who was bought cheaply but has been frequently excellent in a similar position. Still time but I thought Ozil was going to be very special.

Has he? Got the same amount of goals and less assists than a struggling Ozil in the league last season with more gametime and I thought he was Liverpool's worst attacking player nearly everytime I seen him. Not sure why he's the go to comparison for a lot of Liverpool fans but he didn't perform in a lot of games last season and seems to get away with it.

Liam O wrote: »
    Has he? Got the same amount of goals and less assists than a struggling Ozil in the league last season with more gametime and I thought he was Liverpool's worst attacking player nearly everytime I seen him. Not sure why he's the go to comparison for a lot of Liverpool fans but he didn't perform in a lot of games last season and seems to get away with it.

Probaby something to do with 8 million looking particularly good against 42 million

Oh and moments like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

zarquon wrote: »
    Reports are that Di Maria is the first of 3 signings to be made this week. It looks like the midfield issue will be addressed also.
    Di Maria brings them up to £130M net spend already. Don't see where they get the money to buy 2 other top quality players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You are correct - he was inconsistent, particularly at the start of the season. However, when he's good he's very good, only cost £8m and has just gone 22, which colours peoples opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Coutinho has a similar rate of goals and assists as David Silva in England. Silva has played in England in his prime years. Coutinho has played in England from 20-22

Few players perform every game. Coutinho is no different, but he is still a very young player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tusky wrote: »
    You are correct - he was inconsistent, particularly at the start of the season. However he only cost £8m and is still only just gone 22, which colours peoples opinions.

I understand that but that's not good enough for where Liverpool are looking to be imo. Without Suarez ye may find it more difficult to carry attacking players not performing this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Di Maria brings them up to £130M net spend already. Don't see where they get the money to buy 2 other top quality players.

Well can only be 1 other top quality player if Daley Blind is the other! Anything over 6/7m for him is overpaying IMO, average player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Probaby something to do with 8 million looking particularly good against 42 million

Oh and moments like this

That will never stop blowing my mind.

Some of our results last season were just downright mental.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I understand that but that's not good enough for where Liverpool are looking to be imo. Without Suarez ye may find it more difficult to carry attacking players not performing this season.

Between Sturridge, Sterling, Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert and Coutinho I think we'll be OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Typical attitude of this thread slating Johnson. The guy can still help this team.

Collecting the footballs and training cones from the training pitch, emptying the bins, washing the kits etc plenty of area's where he can adapt, learn and improve on.

I read that as washing the kids! :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I have a feeling that Coutinho may end up playing as a central midfielder in time as opposed to an attacking player. It's something he has talked about and something Rodgers has suggested to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If he could shoot to save his life he'd be up their with the best who cost 5 or 6 times the money. Settled in pretty much straight away too. One of the bargains in the PL in the last couple of years.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho will have a great game Monday. Big game player.

Great interview with Markovic http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11052914/Lazar-Markovic-believes-Liverpool-will-win-title-and-he-will-be-one-of-Premier-Leagues-best-players.html

He is very confident which is good to see imo.

Between Sturridge, Sterling, Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Lambert and Coutinho I think we'll be OK.

Next summer there will be fights to get a berth when Origi comes back and Ibe is in the squad.
    Fescue wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Coutinho may end up playing as a central midfielder in time as opposed to an attacking player. It's something he has talked about and something Rodgers has suggested to him.

Yep, I'd be happy enough to see him play the left flank of a diamond this season.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho will have a great game Monday. Big game player.

Great interview with Markovic http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11052914/Lazar-Markovic-believes-Liverpool-will-win-title-and-he-will-be-one-of-Premier-Leagues-best-players.html

He is very confident which is good to see imo.

Lazar Markovic is spoilt - he's never been anything other than a league winner in his senior career - be a shame if this trend ended now :)

Watching MOTD here.

Me: Oh no,Robbie Savage.

Daughter: Didn't he rape loads of people? Oh no that was Jimmy Savage.

:)

Now then, now then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

klose wrote: »
    Alberto is starting for malaga, had a good pre season by all accounts so it will be interesting to see how he fares this year.

Interesting in the sense that we once knew him, he will never be a LFC player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One of out greatest ever games was a Monday night.

4-3 against the Magpies.

sorry but that was a Tuesday night game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement