Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

sorry but that was a Tuesday night game

Think it may even have been a Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Think it may even have been a Wednesday!

Spot on. T'was a Wednesday indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Watching MOTD here.

Me: Oh no,Robbie Savage.

Daughter: Didn't he rape loads of people? Oh no that was Jimmy Savage.

:)

Kids say the darnest things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho will have a great game Monday. Big game player.

Hopefully. He was great in both games against City last season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Somebody set us up the match thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sorry but that was a Tuesday night game

Sorry but the first was a Wednesday and the following season was a Monday iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

One of out greatest ever games was a Monday night.

4-3 against the Magpies.

Yes great winner fron God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Augmerson wrote: »
    Somebody set us up the match thread.

Super-Rush a step ahead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057275794

Jaysus, that De Maria fee has me thinking about Andy Carroll fee and the completely ridiculous stuff happening at the time.

Luckily it seems like the current guys aren't similar to our mental past

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jaysus, that De Maria fee has me thinking about Andy Carroll fee and the completely ridiculous stuff happening at the time.

Luckily it seems like the current guys aren't similar to our mental past

Obviously di Maria is a very different proposition to Andy Carroll in many ways, but €75m for di Maria is crazy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Obviously di Maria is a very different proposition to Andy Carroll in many ways, but €75m for di Maria is crazy though.

He is an incredible player, the fee isn't too far fetched, the fact United probably don't need him is the major issue with this transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

He is an incredible player, the fee isn't too far fetched, the fact United probably don't need him is the major issue with this transfer

Super player, if a bit overpriced. Would have loved him at Liverpool. Well down the list of what united need though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

£60m for Di Maria? lollingtons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think Di Maria is certainly as good as Bale, Rodriquez and Neymar. So in comparison to those it's not that mental a fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I think Di Maria is certainly as good as Bale, Rodriquez and Neymar. So in comparison to those it's not that mental a fee

Probably a different player to te above three in many respects. Certainly Bale and Neymar offer goals, something Di Maria doesn't.

But his impact on the team is huge. Still think the fee is over the top but you could say the same for all of the above also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sorry but the first was a Wednesday and the following season was a Monday iirc.

This is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

For the style of football LVG wants to play he will be key. Man Utd are going to go through a painful transition in the next few months - something that their fans are just going to have to accept. In the new year they will have an exciting footballing side but in the meantime there will be more days like last weekend. If they bring in a ball playing central defender and a defensive midfielder this week they will have the spine of a very good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Di Maria an incredible player lol. He is a very good player but for 60m who would think u would be signing a player who scored more goals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Di Maria an incredible player lol. He is a very good player but for 60m who would think u would be signing a player who scored more goals.

I'd pay 60m for Thiago Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Or, you know, sorting out their awful defence and poor midfield.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Worth Ozil money imo.

40m is about right.

Like you said for 60m, an attacking player should be scoring at least 15 goals a season, not 5 like he does for Madrid.

Not a great idea spending such big money on a soon to be 27 year old who's game is based on pace either.

Di Maria has maybe 3 season left at his peak.

Great deal for Madrid.

I like the self belief the new signings are showing.

Markovic: I want to be among the best
    "I was voted one of the best players in Serbia and Portugal and I hope I will be recognised as one of the best in the Premier League," said Markovic. "I believe I will.

Emre: The league of beasts suits my game
    "He wants to play football and that's what I do. I am here to play so I hope to be ready to feature quickly. In the Premier League, there are a lot of 'big beasts'.

"I am also one of them, so I'm going to give my best. The Premier League style suits me; to be a physical and strong player is important and I am looking forward to putting that to good use."

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Worth Ozil money imo.

40m is about right.

Like you said for 60m, an attacking player should be scoring at least 15 goals a season, not 5 like he does for Madrid.

Not a great idea spending such big money on a soon to be 27 year old who's game is based on pace either.

Di Maria has maybe 3 season left at his peak.

Great deal for Madrid.
    I'm sure there's a Man Utd thread around here somewhere that's discussing the merits of the transfer if you want to impart your wisdom. I'm sure they'll find your input most enlightening.

For the record, Di Maria's birthday is in February, so he's soon to be 27 in the same sense that every player who has a birthday next year is soon to be a year older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Talisman wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a Man Utd thread around here somewhere that's discussing the merits of the transfer if you want to impart your wisdom. I'm sure they'll find your input most enlightening.

For the record, Di Maria's birthday is in February, so he's soon to be 27 in the same sense that every player who has a birthday next year is soon to be a year older.

Thought this way the United thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Thought this way the United thread :pac:

No that way
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »

I'm confused. I thought kolo went to trabonzapor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'll get lynched for this and they wouldn't sell to us but I wouldn't say no to Danny Welbeck. With Balotelli we're now well stocked in the area but I think Welbeck is not only quite talented but would prove to have an excellent understanding with our front line.

His finishing lets him down but other than that he has a lot of potential. Can't understand why LVG wants rid TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'll get lynched for this and they wouldn't sell to us but I wouldn't say no to Danny Welbeck. With Balotelli we're now well stocked in the area but I think Welbeck is not only quite talented but would prove to have an excellent understanding with our front line.

His finishing lets him down but other than that he has a lot of potential. Can't understand why LVG wants rid TBH.

God no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Signing Ballotelli would be a disaster. He would change the whole dynamic of the hard working Liverpool team. Rodgers doesn't need to spend all the Suarez money, he needs to be patient and look at the market again in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Signing Ballotelli would be a disaster. He would change the whole dynamic of the hard working Liverpool team. Rodgers doesn't need to spend all the Suarez money, he needs to be patient and look at the market again in January.

You're not gonna get better value in January. Ballotelli is a gamble, no one here would disagree. But why the hell not. He's a fantastic talent which we're all hoping Rodgers can mold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I love a good joke on a Sunday morning.
    Danny Welbeck. Loltastic.
    Cheers.
    Danny Welbeck. Eh. Ha.

The people who slate Welbeck probably hardly watch him play, which is perhaps evident by the "lol" posts rather than actually putting an argument together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The people who slate Welbeck probably hardly watch him play, which is perhaps evident by the "lol" posts rather than actually putting an argument together.

That's the problem. I reckon we have watched him play.

Lol though. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Welbeck could be a decent player for someone, just think of him as a sort of Hendo 30 yards further up the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Red Pepper wrote: »

It will be alright I recon. Mario needs some attention, a father figure at times...Brendan happens to be good at that.

This really could be his last chance at a top club. Not many clubs would take a gamble on him. If BR pulls this off we will have a lot more quality players knocking at our doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Danny wellbeck has pace and good in the air but a v poor touch , doesn't hold the ball up well and his shooting is nothing short of diabolical. Plus he is English so will cost 2x more than he is worth. Much rather have borini personally

I'd rather play with 10 men than sign welbeck, absolute and utter waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Sure isn't he a better overall player than Sturridge, so maybe we could get him in and move on Sturridge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I for one am delighted with the pending purchase of Balotelli, it means I can break out this bad boy again:

sATFtm3.jpg

3u4c9oX.jpg

Mario-Balotelli-ha_1789974b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

If Borini is not good enough for us than why take on Wellbeck? They are similar players in that they work hard from the front but neither is a great finisher or will score enough goals, and both need to drop down to lower level teams in order to play games and develop their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your just a **** Daniel Sturridge a **** Daniel Sturridge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Why do people think that Wellbeck who couldn't make it at a midtable team, would be able to cut it for us?

Why do people think that Wellbeck who couldn't make it at a midtable team, would be able to cut it for us?

That's a bit of a simplistic way of looking at things, I mean this IS a man who has already led a line alongside Sterling and Sturridge and didn't look out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

That's a bit of a simplistic way of looking at things, I mean this IS a man who has already led a line alongside Sterling and Sturridge and didn't look out of place.

Look at some of the united talent who have played for England when they're at united then struggled at lower end teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Well United are really going for it I guess. If the get a top class cdm it's gonna be a long tough battle to stay in the top 4. (Prob was anyway..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Yeah with his Toblerone feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watching MOTD here.

Me: Oh no,Robbie Savage.

Daughter: Didn't he rape loads of people? Oh no that was Jimmy Savage.

:)

Just spat my coffee out. That's absolute gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Well United are really going for it I guess. If the get a top class cdm it's gonna be a long tough battle to stay in the top 4. (Prob was anyway..)

He offers them pace which they don't really have. Madrid got their moneys worth but if he helps get them back in the CL, well worth it. DiMaria, Rooney, RVP and Mata isn't too shabby!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement