Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Bit off topic. But why is Di Maria leaving Real Madrid the best team in Europe and probably the world at the moment for Man Utd.

Not a dig at United really but they are a team in deep transition and could be for some time.

A combination of wages and wanting to be seen as the main man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

We should put in a cheeky bid for Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr Alan wrote: »

Mata is good and all.. but he's no Danny Welbeck now is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Class player but very much a luxury. He doesn't have any real work rate which is why he didn't suit mourinho and I don't think he would suit us. Looks lost at United too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

He could warm our bench. Right now, I wouldn't have him ahead of Sterling, Sturridge or Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's an unusual way to spell Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bit off topic. But why is Di Maria leaving Real Madrid the best team in Europe and probably the world at the moment for Man Utd.

Not a dig at United really but they are a team in deep transition and could be for some time.

Over £200 Million on Di Maria, Mata, Felaini, Shaw, Rojo and Hererra, it's way over priced but then we often have cries on here to just pay up what it takes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Where were you, in a cave?

Tanzania, brother had sent messages but hasn't received any.

Crazy stuff hope it pays off

K-9 wrote: »
    Over £200 Million on Di Maria, Mata, Felaini, Shaw, Rojo and Hererra, it's way over priced but then we often have cries on here to just pay up what it takes.

But City and Chelsea are ruining football with their spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Forget Mata, why can't we put in a cheeky bid for Di Maria?

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Even I would laugh at that :pac:

Hardcore Rodgers trolling

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A cheeky bid would be 25m. We don't have 65m to be spunking on di Maria anyhow right now, even if it were a possibility, which it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

I think we should bid for Alex Song. Barca letting him go on loan with option to buy at end. With all the games ahead he would be good cover for Stevie. And from what I remember him at arsenel he could play that position well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

5starpool wrote: »
    A cheeky bid would be 25m. We don't have 65m to be spunking on di Maria anyhow right now, even if it were a possibility, which it isn't.

We should bid 70. United would have to bid 75 or there fans would go into meltdown. He's the new saviour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

He could warm our bench. Right now, I wouldn't have him ahead of Sterling, Sturridge or Balotelli.

Balotelli? Even though we haven't seen how he'll be for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well if we can already afford £25 million, all we need to do is get £15 million off Sunderland for Borini, Arry will easily give us £10 million for Johnson, pull out of the Balotelli deal, stick that £16 million to the kitty and we have £66 million to offer Madrid and we'll outbid United by £1 million.

Sure this management thing is easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Just meet his release clause for no Champions League at the end of this season, should be a lot lower than today's price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

hadepsx wrote: »
    Balotelli? Even though we haven't seen how he'll be for us.

Since I found out Balotelli was signing for us I have come to realise he is probably the best player in the world. Why I didn't see it before is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fescue wrote: »
    Since I found out Balotelli was signing for us I have come to realise he is probably the best player in the world. Why I didn't see it before is baffling.

It's a curse really. I thought the same of Charlie Adam and Paul Konchesky.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well if we can already afford £25 million, all we need to do is get £15 million off Sunderland for Borini, Arry will easily give us £10 million for Johnson, pull out of the Balotelli deal, stick that £16 million to the kitty and we have £66 million to offer Madrid and we'll outbid United by £1 million.

Sure this management thing is easy.

I know/assume you are joking, but I'd say the Balotelli and Borini deals are linked, especially hearing the comments by Poyet earlier.

I know/assume you are joking, but I'd say the Balotelli and Borini deals are linked, especially hearing the comments by Poyet earlier.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

What did he say?
    Basicallly, Sunderland have been waiting long enough and the time has come for Borini to make his decision.

Not those words exactly but that's the sentiment of what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Balo signed Monday, Borini signed Tuesdsay

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I've been out of this thread 9 hours and wierdos are suggesting we sign Welbeck and Mata. Pass the fcuking heroin lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

New contract for Sturridge is coming according to Andy Hunter. About time to be honest, coutinho next please.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Glad to see Ballotelli join Liverpool. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Glad to see Ballotelli join Liverpool. YNWA

Have to say I haven't been this excited about a signing since god rejoined us...... Genuinely think we have a great chance to go one better this season.....come on mario..let's make the dream of being champions once more come true....

YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Can't wait to see Markovic in action. I wonder will Rodgers give him any game time tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

gafferino wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Markovic in action. I wonder will Rodgers give him any game time tomorrow.

I reckon he'll be on the bench but will be on for Coutinho or Sterling sometime in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Moreno in line to start against City according to Barrett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

gafferino wrote: »

Tomorrow night probably isn't the best time to be integrating new players into team.

Will most likely go with the tried and tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

djPSB wrote: »
    Tomorrow night probably isn't the best time to be integrating new players into team.

Will most likely go with the tried and tested.
    Johnson could be categorised as tried, tested, and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Can it be assumed Balotelli will be getting his knees bonged with a hammer and coughing twice with the stetescope on hus chest?
    Markovic sprung from the bench tomorrow night would be interesting as he would be an unknown quantity of sorts for the opposition. Bit of a curve ball

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Can it be assumed Balotelli will be getting his knees bonged with a hammer and coughing twice with the stetescope on hus chest?
    Markovic sprung from the bench tomorrow night would be interesting as he would be an unknown quantity of sorts for the opposition. Bit of a curve ball

Prefer a fast ball with a bit of bounce which I hope describes Markovic.

Zico speaks
    “I truly supported Liverpool last season. The football they were playing was beautiful, a joy to watch.

“I follow English football a lot and the Premier League is my favourite tournament to watch. The teams play great football and have great players.”

Prefer a fast ball with a bit of bounce which I hope describes Markovic.

Em...a fastball doesn't bounce! But he's certainly very very fast!

8-10 wrote: »
    Em...a fastball doesn't bounce! But he's certainly very very fast!

I'm playing cricket ya colonial fool! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Talisman wrote: »
    Johnson could be categorised as tried, tested, and failed.

He's like dodgy Chinese fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I reckon he's a spinner, we might see his googley tomorrow night :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really looking forward to having Markovic on the bench - first time we'll have real, frightening pace to call upon outside of the first team since Babel Time.

Lazar Time?

• Advertisement

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really looking forward to having Markovic on the bench - first time we'll have real, frightening pace to call upon outside of the first team since Babel Time.

Lazar Time?

You just know his first goal will be described as being Lazar guided and if its at pace a Lazar guided missile.

But cricket doesn't have a curve ball? The reference is clearly baseball.

Ack you are too literal for me this evening :)

Ack you are too literal for me this evening :)

I'm up watching the baseball so it's on the mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »
    He's like dodgy Chinese fireworks.

Don't mention fireworks.
    130214151117-boateng-balotelli-horizontal-gallery.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Balo signed Monday, Borini signed Tuesdsay

We were making love by Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday we chilled on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We were making love by Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday we chilled on Sunday.

Did they decline? No
    Didn't AC mind? I don't think so
    Was it for real? Damn sure
    What was the deal? A Super Mario aged 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Out of all the players UTD have signed since last summer, the only player I can say I'm jealous of is Rojo.
    And that's only based in his world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Out of all the players UTD have signed since last summer, the only player I can say I'm jealous of is Rojo.
    And that's only based in his world cup

Wouldn't want him anywhere near the team.

Di Maria though... Just that price is nuts. I don't get their transfers though, but that's a story for another thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement