Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Why are people glad to see the back of Lucas in here? Last year you couldnt say a bad thing about him, now its good luck and thanks. I thought he was 'Boss' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

One of the players we've heard nothing from has been Assaidi. Stoke appear to have given up and have went with Victory Moses, since then we haven't heard anything. I take it one of the Dutch clubs will come in at the last minute and take him on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Why are people glad to see the back of Lucas in here? Last year you couldnt say a bad thing about him, now its good luck and thanks. I thought he was 'Boss' ?

I think it's more Lucas and Gerrard can't play in the same team and Gerrard won't be dropped so this is probably the best think for Lucas himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Yawns wrote: »
    Not gonna happen unless he has a howler of a season. A good backup would be a great addition. I would have loved Reina to still be with us as I still think overall he was a better keeper, but he did have those blunders which are hard to ignore. On the other hand I wouldn't **** myself everytime the ball was crossed into the box or at his feet either.

A decent backup and a better GK coach who could teach Mig to use his feet better. As it is, when he kicks the ball it's going to an opposition player or into the stands.

This has also been my Problem with Migs.

There's no Denying that he is probably one of the Best Shot-stoppers out there. But everything else is either Mediocre or Outright Bad.

Like I've said before, we rarely retain Possession, if Migs decides to Loop it Long.

And then there are the Crosses. They are always the Heart-in-one's-Mouth Affair, whenever Migs is involved with them.

Which is Baffling to me. How can a GK be so Good in dealing against a Shot, coming to him at Speed. But Struggles so Bad, with the Lofted Ball.

So getting another GK to Challenge him for the Starting Spot, would definitely be Ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One of the players we've heard nothing from has been Assaidi. Stoke appear to have given up and have went with Victory Moses, since then we haven't heard anything. I take it one of the Dutch clubs will come in at the last minute and take him on loan.

Maybe we could do a deal with PSV or Ajax for Memphis Depay or Daley Blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Memphis Depay renewed his contract two days ago, so I think that ship has sailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's a pretty subjective term - you can approach the game with as much nervous anticipation as you feel is appropriate,

I intend to kick back with a beer in hand and enjoy the match and not worry too much about the result.

Some people would try to start an argument in an empty room.

On discussion forums, people tend to discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Personally I thought his game had slipped a bit from previous years. Also, think that has Rodgers has developed his style and system at Liverpool, Lucas has become a square peg in a round hole. I think Rodgers expects his defensive midfielders to have more in their game than just break up play. In that regard, I can see why Lucas has been eased out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Personally I thought his game had slipped a bit from previous years. Also, think that has Rodgers has developed his style and system at Liverpool, Lucas has become a square peg in a round hole. I think Rodgers expects his defensive midfielders to have more in their game than just break up play. In that regard, I can see why Lucas has been eased out.

Its plain and simple that Lucas isn't the player he was before the injury, i'm not sure whether hes afraid to over stretch and risk damaging himself again, or if the game has just gotten too pacy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I think it's more Lucas and Gerrard can't play in the same team and Gerrard won't be dropped so this is probably the best think for Lucas himself.

Hit the nail on the head there. But the problem is that Gerrard won't do the defensive work that Lucas is prepared to do.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. When we have seen Can and Lallana and Markovic etc play in Rodgers system, I would not be surprised to conclude that Gerrard should not be guaranteed his place. Still can't see him being dropped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Well lads.

What do ye reckon the starting line up will be tonight?

Will Markovic or Moreno start or come on?

Even Lallana might be in the squad hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Well lads.

What do ye reckon the starting line up will be tonight?

Will Markovic or Moreno start or come on?

Even Lallana might be in the squad hopefully

Lallana is still down as September 20th for a full return.

I reckon itll be:

Mignolet

Moreno - Skrtel - Lovren - Manquillo

Henderson - Couthino - Gerrard - Can

Sterling - Sturridge

I dont think he'll drop Johnson( As bad as he's been!). I think he'll ease the full backs into the team, doubt if he'll start manquillo and moreno together away to the champions. Allen in instead of Lucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Vicxas wrote: »

I reckon itll be:

Mignolet

Sterling - Sturridge

I reckon the same as last week cept moreno in for manquillo, Johnson at right back and Allen in for Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I dont think he'll drop Johnson( As bad as he's been!). I think he'll ease the full backs into the team, doubt if he'll start manquillo and moreno together away to the champions. Allen in instead of Lucas.

I agree, I think the new signings will all be introduced slowly. We have a first team that worked last year, so why rock the boat?

We can field that team pretty much for the first few games then as the new players adapt/improve in training we can bring them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I reckon the same as last week cept moreno in for manquillo, Johnson at right back and Allen in for Lucas.

Think similar but perhaps Can in for Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

A year is a long time in football
    Simply put he is no longer good enough for our team ,Wish him all the best as he has always given 100% for the cause but we need better than he has to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I reckon itll be:

Mignolet

Sterling - Sturridge

Id love if we did start with this team, but as pointed out Im not sure its likely.

Would love to see Can get a start though. Him & Hendo harrying them in midfield from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Can't see wholesale changes. In our first game against Southampton one eye would have been on this away to city also.

Only change I see is Allen in for Lucas.

I don't think there is any risk on puttin Moreno in for Johnson, Johnson was abysmal on Sunday, anytime he got the ball there was a silence and worry from the fans. It's not even at the point of him not being any good for a team battling for the league/top 4, he's just not very good in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its awfully quiet in here for match day! :(

Waiting for a couple of leaning pictures :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Please god have Johnson dropped. Pleaassssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mosstin wrote: »
    Pressure off?

Must win game for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Its awfully quiet in here for match day! :(

Too busy talking bout yesterdays gaa match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

K-9 wrote: »
    Must win game for me.

Would you take a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would be very surprised if Moreno wasn't starting tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The loan spell at Almeria seriously damaged him and he took back an awful lot of the bad habits he picked up there to Anfield (poor decision making and poor ball retention).

Not sure how you can make that sort of judgement about him.

He's barely played since he came back and certainly hasn't featured in a competetive match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

right now I would definitely take a draw.

Looks like Balotelli will be signed by tonight and in attendance for the game, could be fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Would you take a draw?

Nah for gods sake. If you cant beat last years champions away, a team that only lost & drew once at their place all last season, then your not even trying. Of course its a must win for us. The very definition of it. :p:D

• Advertisement

I don't think there is any risk on puttin Moreno in for Johnson, Johnson was abysmal on Sunday, anytime he got the ball there was a silence and worry from the fans. It's not even at the point of him not being any good for a team battling for the league/top 4, he's just not very good in general.

You'd then have two fullbacks with the experience of one first team game in Liverpool's back four between the two of them against the likes of silva and nasri running at them and zabaleta, clichy/kolarov overlapping. I dont think either of Manquillo or Moreno speak english that well ? It'd be a BIG risk in my book to play both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rodgers quotes going round saying the Anfield pitch is too slow and the watering system ain't up to scratch.

Isn't stuff like that supposed to be sorted during the summer months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Rodgers quotes going round saying the Anfield pitch is too slow and the watering system ain't up to scratch.

Didn't the old groundsman retire in the summer? I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. Could have something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'd be very surprised if the back 4 was anything other than

Johnson Skrtl Lovren Moreno

You'd then have two fullbacks with the experience of one first team game in Liverpool's back four between the two of them against the likes of silva and nasri running at them and zabaleta, clichy/kolarov overlapping. I dont think either of Manquillo or Moreno speak english that well ? It'd be a BIG risk in my book to play both.

I think it's a bigger risk to play a really poor performing player who doesn't bring much to the team than play 1 unproven player and one experienced Europa League winning player with skill in abundance in both defending and attacking.

Why no Enrique at LB? He seemed fit enough during pre-season and that was a few weeks back now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I actually said that to my mate during the Southampton game last week, it looked like the ball wasn't moving as quickly as you would normally expect! Then I just put it down to the hangover playing tricks on my eyes :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Looks like Balotelli will be signed by tonight and in attendance for the game, could be fun :D

A win and Mario doing an impersonation of this gif would be nice.

ijuesu4w4vbsc1.gif

I think it's a bigger risk to play a really poor performing player who doesn't bring much to the team than play 1 unproven player and one experienced Europa League winning player with skill in abundance in both defending and attacking.

Doesnt matter if he won the Europa League or CL or not last year. He's coming to a new club with a new system where he's had one weeks training, with no english or very little to communicate. His opposite full back is practically in the same boat. They need to learn their trade first before I'd have confidence in putting the two of them in away to the reigning champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gone for a month, what have I missed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I'm off to bed. Alarm set for 4.30am. Hate early mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

hefferboi wrote: »

Us! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Balotelli has won Best Hair for Liverpool. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Have you heard the Balotelli rumours yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Moreno and Manquillo have been 2 solid signings in the hair department. Potential is there for sure, not sure about Balotelli. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

We won our opening fixture 2-1, dunno if you heard! Playing city tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Moreno and Manquillo have been 2 solid signings in the hair department. Potential is there for sure, not sure about Balotelli. Time will tell.

Moreno's dress sense is another matter altogether though.

Chronic.

Think Jose Enrique on acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

When you factor in Can and MArkovic........there's a familiar pattern on the follicular front.

Rodgers first question upon receiving a recommendation from a scout "Yeah but does he have great hair?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Knex. wrote: »
    Moreno's dress sense is another matter altogether though.

Indeed, he's got good taste in tattoos though I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

the bantz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Who amongst our hoard is still banished to the forbidden zone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement