Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Gotta be honest, Vidal and Di Maria were the players i really didnt want united to get. Di maria was incredible for Real last season despite a dodgy world cup.

As impressed as i am with some of deals we have done this season, i just wish we had been able to attract a truly proven top class talent like di maria, sanchez, fab or costa. Instead we lost the only world class player we had.

Di maria certainty wont solve all of united problems but he's a fantastic addition in their rebuilding process. Id love to think with alot of the suarez money burning a hole in BR's pocket still, he may surprise us yet with top quality DM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

viper006 wrote: »
    Gotta be honest, Vidal and Di Maria were the players i really didnt want united to get. Di maria was incredible for Real last season despite a dodgy world cup.

As impressed as i am with some of deals we have done this season, i just wish we had been able to attract a truly proven top class talent like di maria, sanchez, fab or costa. Instead we lost the only world class player we had.

Di maria certainty wont solve all of united problems but he's a fantastic addition in their rebuilding process. Id love to think with alot of the suarez money burning a hole in BR's pocket still, he may surprise us yet with top quality DM.

I said it yesterday, I'd be a lot more worried if they had signed a world class centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

viper006 wrote: »

Wrong thread lad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2DkoVs4ynsKu4r2B3ZV_Z_vej4eAgjkuoTjaWTPDLyeDUTPNGpg

I said it yesterday, I'd be a lot more worried if they had signed a world class centre half.

True, though if they land Vidal as well would be worried for sure.

Just saw Eto has signed for Everton as well. Lulkaku and Eto are impressive signings for them. Hopefully we are not finished either this window.

Maybe a 2nd choice goalie and DM to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I've certainly cheered up?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

HAHA-LOL-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Wrong thread lad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2DkoVs4ynsKu4r2B3ZV_Z_vej4eAgjkuoTjaWTPDLyeDUTPNGpg

Yeah. You won't find any discussion or comment on Manchester United in here pal.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lads, don't laugh. They're pretty much guaranteed to win the league now they've no European competition or League Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does make you think about the old system v player conundrum. LVG is so obsessed with a system that Utd players (whatever their level) are simply not coached to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

This better not be a two leg tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Does make you think about the old system v player conundrum. LVG is so obsessed with a system that Utd players (whatever their level) are simply not coached to play.

One of the best things about Rodgers is that he is willing to change the system depending on the players at his disposal and the opposition in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yep, for all the talk of LVG saying that he's playing 5-3-2 to accommodate the players, it's clear that at the back they have no idea what they're doing.

Needs to go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 sharpish, which itself will create huge problems in trying to accommodate Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria.

To tenuously link this back to Liverpool, it's great that B-Rod has a squad that's been built and coached to adapt to any number of formations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watching Utd tonight has certainly put a smile back on my face!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I reckon we have a great chance of signing Di Maria now that he's just handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

At least Hodgson gave Northampton a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Lads, don't laugh. They're pretty much guaranteed to win the league now they've no European competition or League Cup.

Surprised you still remember what a league title is after a quarter of a century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Surprised you still remember what a league title is after a quarter of a century.

Oh, burn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe John W did hire LVG back when they were talking to him about being DOF.

Just waited to send him undercover over to Manchester ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Agent Louis!

Surprised Di Maria would leave the best team in Europe for a relegation battle in Manchester.

I admire your balls. Not many United fans head straight for the Liverpool thread after watching their team get drubbed by League 1 opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

yeah we do, also we remember what 5 European cups look like as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

tumblr_lzrh2mJZlA1qb39w1o3_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ahh lads, stop it now. Straight faces, everyone.

Ricky-Gervais-Holding-in-Laughter-Arms-Crossed.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Agent LVG is carrying on well from Agent Moyes.

The key now though is to win a few games so it's not too obvious.

Agent Sherwood is on standby in the case of an emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I had a guy in work today, BIG Utd fan really rubbing it in this morning..... Cannot wait till i get back to the office tomorrow morning.... Karma is a b1tch sometimes....lol

I'm just gonna leave this here...

0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BrookieD wrote: »
    I had a guy in work today, BIG Utd fan really rubbing it in this morning..... Cannot wait till i get back to the office tomorrow morning.... Karma is a b1tch sometimes....lol

Walk in in full MK Dons kit :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I'm off tomorrow for Christ sake!

The MK stands for Manc Killers, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Utd fan delighted that city won lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Fescue wrote: »
    I admire your balls. Not many United fans head straight for the Liverpool thread after watching their team get drubbed by League 1 opposition.

MK Dons is not even a real team, the real team were Wimbledon, Mk Dons are closer to harchester united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nice to see football being shown on Comedy Central again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Utd are out of the cup before Liverpool are even in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

BBC gossip column reporting that Vidal to Utd for €34million may be a runner. (I know, gossip column, and also not if he was just watching that game) but if he was available at that price with a few outs to come and the suarez money and allegedly 70m on top, Pool should be all over him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

gafferino wrote: »
    Utd are out of the cup before Liverpool are even in it!

Another man u first for LVG :D

P.S. I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, I am not posting on the Man U thread, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MK Dons have a nice stadium I have to say for a league 1 team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't think its been posted but Teixeira came on in extra time for Brighton and assisted in the goal that put them 2-1 up. Ridiculous impact this lad is making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I see South Yorkshire Police have covered themselves in glory again, sickening stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

BBC gossip column reporting that Vidal to Utd for €34million may be a runner. (I know, gossip column, and also not if he was just watching that game) but if he was available at that price with a few outs to come and the suarez money and allegedly 70m on top, Pool should be all over him?

It's bs but if he was going for that kind of money it would stupid not to atleast try for him he would transform our midfield. Vidal and Henderson would be an excellent pairing imo. Offers so much agression and goals he does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't think its been posted but Teixeira came on in extra time for Brighton and assisted in the goal that put them 2-1 up. Ridiculous impact this lad is making.

Could single handedly see them promoted.

I think from the twice I have seen him play that the Brighton fans in a couple of years will be talking about when they had a world beater for a season. He really looks class and to go into a championship club at his stage of development and have such an instant impact is highly unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Was Van Gael saving the good subs in case of a penalty shoot out......tactical genius

I think from the twice I have seen him play that the Brighton fans in a couple of years will be talking about when they had a world beater for a season. He really looks class and to go into a championship club at his stage of development and have such an instant impact is highly unusual.

22 in January all the same.

Fescue wrote: »
    22 in January all the same.

Surprised by that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not surprised I haven't watched much of the youths lately but in recent years sterling, ibe, suso and teixeira have always look miles ahead of anyone else.

We seem to be churning out the wingers and no. 10 but I'd love to see a striker break through is there anyone who could in the next couple of seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

rob316 wrote: »
    Not surprised I haven't watched much of the youths lately but in recent years sterling, ibe, suso and teixeira have always look miles ahead of anyone else.

We seem to be churning out the wingers and no. 10 but I'd love to see a striker break through is there anyone who could in the next couple of seasons?

Yesil was the big hope but injuries have seriously hampered his potential unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement