Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP 28/8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

xabi alonso to Bayern apparently, 10m euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    Was a fan of his a few years back. Haven't seen much of him since two years ago, or so, though.

Stopped watching other leagues last year as I didn't really have the time.

Hopefully you wont be having time again for a few seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

At home to Middlesbrough in third round of the carling cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just Gunna post it the guy is nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Johnson out for the weekend. Flanno still out. Waiting on test results for Moreno. Jose Enrique should be available though.

Lallana also expected to be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hamsik?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hamsik?
    He is a AM. Id rather go for Inler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    Just Gunna post it the guy is nuts.

That's been floating around since he was linked seriously (did I just say seriously?!)

Capitol Draw, plenty of Prem v Prem action,.
    Liverpool v Middlesbrough

Sunderland v Stoke

Derby County v Reading

MK Dons v Bradford

Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday

Burton Albion v Brighton

Swansea City v Everton

Shrewsbury Town v Norwich City

Fulham v Doncaster Rovers

Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest

Chelsea v Bolton

Arsenal v Southampton

West Brom v Hull City

Crystal Palace v Newcastle United

Leyton Orient v Sheffield United

Cardiff City v Bournemouth

Its good one to take seriously,

Lallana & Enrique fit for the Spurs game and Johnson out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I would never wish injury on a player but fcuk me am i excited to see us not start with johnson, sometimes a managers hand needs to be forced and hopefully this will be the end of johnson being a constant starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lallana & Enrique fit for the Spurs game and Johnson out.

What is this, Christmas?

Knex. wrote: »
    What is this, Christmas?

Well it feels like Christmas eve with the CL draw tomorrow:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't get this. He signed a bumper contract extension with Madrid only last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

MD1990 wrote: »
    He is a AM. Id rather go for Inler.

I'm not sure Inler is good enough on the ball. He's physical enough alright and he has a great shot on him, but I think Rodgers would want somebody comfortable receiving the ball with players around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ardent wrote: »
    I don't get this. He signed a bumper contract extension with Madrid only last summer.

So did Suarez. Contracts mean very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

2iv06cl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

To lose Kroos and bring in Alonso weakens Bayern in my opinion at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

2iv06cl.jpg

Its been too long old friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd play a team like:

Jones
    Manquillo
    Coates
    Sakho
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Can
    Lallana
    Lambert
    Markovic
    Suso

This one for me. Bench including Rossiter, Lloyd Jones and Sinclair.
    But being so early in the season, he'll be looking at partnerships and fitness first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I'd love Barca, Dortmund and Roma. That would be a laugh.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd play a team like:

Jones
    McLaughlin
    Agger/Coates
    Sakho
    Enrique (if fit)
    Allen/Lucas
    Can
    Lallana/Coutinho
    Lambert
    Markovic
    Suso

That's assuming some of those don't get moved on, and that Borini does.
    Agreed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

CL Draw Day!

happy.gif

In other news - has Karius/Romero/Song/Higuain signed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

My Champions League Memory.

It was about 1998, I was 9. I had always played football with my friends, but never really watched much of it. We didnt have Sky, not many people did. I used to wear old hand-me-down Utd jerseys from my brother, along with the odd Real Madrid one every now and again. We met up on at the park for our usual intense after school game of football, when someone said, "Utd fans vs. the rest", i was summoned down to the Utd area, then I said "I dont follow Utd., I dont follow anyone"

There was uproar. "Why do u wear Utd jerseys then?","I thought u were one of us", "Go down there with the other losers","u have to decide who u support right now". The usual childish stuff.

It was a LFC fan who said stepped in and said that it didnt matter who I followed, I could be on their team. I admired him for it, he's one of my best friends to this day.

Champions League football was something I came to expect, something I took for granted. I cant recall the game, but it was in Anfield, it think it was vs. Chelsea in the CL, 1-0 down after the first leg, listening to You'll Never Walk Alone, and it was the first time I had thought about it since, 9 years later and I knew that as a 9 year old I had made the right choice, it wasnt just the team or the players that would never walk alone, it extended to us.

TL:DR Thank Fowler im not a utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know what time the draw is?

I remember I used to find out at lunch in school for the Knockout stages etc. So I'm assuming it's relatively early?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

IK09 wrote: »

It was about 1998, I was 9. I had always played football with my friends, but never really watched much of it. We didnt have Sky, not many people did. I used to wear old hand-me-down Utd jerseys from my brother, along with the odd Real Madrid one every now and again. We met up on at the park for our usual intense after school game of football, when someone said, "Utd fans vs. the rest", i was summoned down to the Utd area, then I said "I dont follow Utd., I dont follow anyone"

There was uproar. "Why do u wear Utd jerseys then?","I thought u were one of us", "Go down there with the other losers","u have to decide who u support right now". The usual childish stuff.

It was a LFC fan who said stepped in and said that it didnt matter who I followed, I could be on their team. I admired him for it, he's one of my best friends to this day.

Champions League football was something I came to expect, something I took for granted. I cant recall the game, but it was in Anfield, it think it was vs. Chelsea in the CL, 1-0 down after the first leg, listening to You'll Never Walk Alone, and it was the first time I had thought about it since, 9 years later and I knew that as a 9 year old I had made the right choice, it wasnt just the team or the players that would never walk alone, it extended to us.

2yuf311.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

4:45 i think the draw is

tok9 wrote: »

I remember I used to find out at lunch in school for the Knockout stages etc. So I'm assuming it's relatively early?

Starts at 4.45...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

tok9 wrote: »

Its after 5pm.
    False memory of school you have there, possibly implanted in your brain to cover some trauma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No I remember Friday morning draws as well.

Maybe its just for later rounds?

IK09 wrote: »

Not just a LFC supporter but a nice kid too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

TL:DR Thank Fowler im not a utd fan.[/quote]

Dont get this part ?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Not just a LFC supporter but a nice kid too.

That's the odd part, I thought we were all saps???

(Incidently, my LFC starts off similarly, with my best friend in school inspiring me to pick them...)

sword1 wrote: »

Dont get this part ?

Fowler = God

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone else get that feeling of a surprise signing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Definitely. I think there's one more to come...and I think it could be Song. Barca seem desperate to get rid of him.

Dickerty wrote: »
    That's the odd part, I thought we were all saps???

(Incidently, my LFC starts off similarly, with my best friend in school inspiring me to pick them...)

I think we don't start out as saps but overtime we develop sap-like qualities and abilities until finally we blossom into a full grown adult sap.

150px-Emile_Heskey_2010.jpg

Yep, I think it's Song as well. I would say that we're trying to get Lucas out before we commit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Not really - I'd love it, but I don't expect any more big names in

Another GK and that's it I'd expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

To lose Kroos and bring in Alonso weakens Bayern in my opinion at least.

Strange move by Bayern if it comes off as Xabi has faded quite a bit over the last 12 to 18 months.

And it is not as though they would be bringing him in as an experienced head for the youngsters to learn from as Bayern have no shortage of experienced players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

My brother decided to change who he supported to Aston Villa :rolleyes: , I nicked his grey Candy jersey and got the Liverpool calendar with a the baby faced Steve Staunton in it, my new favourite player

Yep, I think it's Song as well. I would say that we're trying to get Lucas out before we commit though.

I am sure he'd join Rafa, have a few years in Napoli for the skit, but now they have no CL footie, it's slightly less attractive. I still think he'd go though.

If we signed Song, he'd want assurances that he's get his game regularly.
    I am not sure he would...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Realistically no, but the fan in me cannot help but hope that there is at least one more surprise signing on the way.

Torres talking to Milan apparently.

Funny to think he left in 2011 for trophies - and he did get the CL in fairness. However, this season we are going back to the CL and he is settling for 8th place Milan and no European football.

Probably the heart ruling the head, but I would have preferred him to Ballotelli. Really think he would have been reinvigorated to a degree being back at Anfield.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Strange move by Bayern if it comes off as Xabi has faded quite a bit over the last 12 to 18 months.

And it is not as though they would be bringing him in as an experienced head for the youngsters to learn from as Bayern have no shortage of experienced players.

I know they lost Martinez, but they have now signed a new CB and a new CM, having said they were finished buying. Reina and Alonso are good characters and solid pros, but that's a big wage hike for cover...

A few PL teams already out. We might have a chance this year...

This is about as important a year for us being in the League Cup that I can remember.

A whole team of lads who need to be kept happy with competitiive football and others who have to be eased in. I hope we stay in it for as long as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

noodler wrote: »
    Torres talking to Milan apparently.

Funny to think he left in 2011 for trophies - and he did get the CL in fairness. However, this season we are going back to the CL and he is settling for 8th place Milan and no European football.

Probably the heart ruling the head, but I would have preferred him to Ballotelli. Really think he would have been reinvigorated to a degree being back at Anfield.
    Torres I felt was always abit overated. Was always lacking a little bit technically. Outside of his Liverpool from 2007-2010 he has not had a top class scoring record. Benitez & Gerrard suited Torres perfectly & he will never reach that level again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Saw the news last night.

Xabi :(

noodler wrote: »

Defo heart ruling head there!
    He has completely lost it - as spectacular a fall from grace as a player every had. He was the best striker in the world (out and out striker, unlike Leo and CR), and now he is barely an adequate bench option.

In 3.5 years at Chelsea, he's scored 20 league goals. 20!!!
    It not as if he's played out of position. He had 65 in less games at Liverpool.

He's a busted flush, 100%...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement